What's new

Avoiding this Sub Forum when Searching for New Threads

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
If you're like me and would rather not see what's in here when searching for new posts, try this link:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=65855
It will return everything BUT Speakers Corner threads. Sometimes it's better not to know what fellow IC maggers are thinking.
Thank you RB.. I'm better off not even seeing those politically biased (either way, R or D) threads but if/when I see the thread I'm unable to not go to it, and get frustrated with the people who just cant let 'it' go..

RB56

Veteran
Right there with you - finding the place much friendlier (like it used to be) without even seeing some the disturbing shit. You can block more sub forums from the search by adding the sub forum numbers you want to block and separating them with commas, in case others are bothered by things that don't bother me :)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Think you're being funny, I know you cant help it but take this stuff to the speakers corner or bad rep will result, thank you.

St. Phatty

Right there with you - finding the place much friendlier (like it used to be) without even seeing some the disturbing shit. You can block more sub forums from the search by adding the sub forum numbers you want to block and separating them with commas, in case others are bothered by things that don't bother me :)

is there a way to do that using Google Site Search ?

site:icmag.com <something> <something>

RB56

Veteran
is there a way to do that using Google Site Search ?

site:icmag.com <something> <something>
I don't know for sure, but I just tried:

site:icmag.com -"Speakers Corner" trump

It brought up a list of threads that mention Trump in other places - didn't see any from Speakers Corner. Leaving out the -"Speakers Corner" returned a bunch from Speakers Corner, so looks like yes.

Latest posts

Latest posts