What's new

2500 M³/hr Box fan Carbon Filter?

greenspiritz

I bought an Acoustic box fan a while ago, it had no labels on specs ect, so i opened it up and its fitted with a Torin-Sifan.

The specs of the fan are:

Watt: 245
Ampère: 2.50
Capacity: 2500 m3 / h
Supply voltage: 230/1/50

https://ariavent.nl/product/torin-afzuigmotor-2500-m³-h-kuub/

What carbon filter should i use for this to effectively scrub odour? I was thinking a Rhino Pro Carbon Filter 12" 315mm x 600mm 2440m³ / hour would do the job, i've never used one of these, id greatly appreciate the help.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

I bought an Acoustic box fan a while ago, it had no labels on specs ect, so i opened it up and its fitted with a Torin-Sifan.

The specs of the fan are:

Watt: 245
Ampère: 2.50
Capacity: 2500 m3 / h
Supply voltage: 230/1/50

https://ariavent.nl/product/torin-afzuigmotor-2500-m³-h-kuub/

What carbon filter should i use for this to effectively scrub odour? I was thinking a Rhino Pro Carbon Filter 12" 315mm x 600mm 2440m³ / hour would do the job, i've never used one of these, id greatly appreciate the help.

Probably that fan spec is for Free Air, no load.

Sometimes fans have a spec in the form of a curve, that shows how much air they push for a given pressure.

Since you're trying to match products without having all the specs ... trust your gut.

greenspiritz

Attachments

• Screenshot (170).png
    Screenshot (170).png
    22.6 KB · Views: 24
  • torin.jpg
    torin.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Mr. J

The label states the performance of the fan at various static pressures, measured in pascals. When the fan is just blowing with no restrictions you get your 3864. As soon as you add stuff like filters and ducting, you increase the static pressure and the performance of the fan is reduced.

I think, anyway. After looking at the label again I'm not sure actually. The part that confuses me is the power rating. Then the other label says the fan is 245 watts, which corresponds to the 245 on the first label??? Sorry, dunno.

greenspiritz

Thanks Mr J, for some reason the link won't work i'll try and upload some pictures how can i work out the static pressure? I tried emailing them about this a while back but no reply

Mr. J

You may want to check out the Ventilation 101 thread. It's got pretty much everything you would need to know all on the first page. Some of it is a bit technical and I don't understand half of it, but I got enough from it to get my ventilation worked out.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Really good fan the torin. 2500m3/h it's the effective capacity of this fan without a filter. It's a good thing a more big filter of the fan... U need a filter with 2700/3000 m3/h. For my experience, can filter its one of the best choice. www.canfilters.nl/english/lite3000. html

Latest posts

Latest posts