What's new

Deficiencies or lockout?

OrganicMids

Hey guys! Been trying to find some assistance with my girls, two auto Sweet n Sours from Mephisto genetics.* Posted in other forums but they have been seriously lacking in responses/remedies.* For starters I'm in KIS biochar water only soil.* The girls have been fed only coconut powder, aloe, some teas and malted barley.* I over watered heavy about two weeks ago, fed them way too much malted barley and also gave them a tiny bit too much N.* They recovered from the over watering but each one of them seems to have separate issues.* I'm thinking some sort of phosphorus or manganese deficiency or lockout on the first girl.* Her stems are extremely frail as well.* And on the second girl there seems to be a nitrogen deficiency or lockout.* Not sure what to do next.*
https://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popu...icmag.com/ic/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#

OrganicMids

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Too much N causes far too many problems.

pH is also something to look at when you want the best for your plants.

I like pH 6.2 to 6.6 in soil. Bad pH's cause problems too.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
There is only one thing to do. Get a fully balanced soil feed such as canna's terra. Then put through about two pots worth

edit: imo

T

Teddybrae

To my mind you have two issues:

The first is an acute shortage of Magnesium.

The second is 'senescence'. That is, the fan leaves are giving up their minerals to the flowers because your plant does not need its fan leaves anymore. This is age-related. So, forget the fan leaves. You can even take them off.

Quickest re Magnesium depletion is to foliar spray Epsom salts. I can't recall the ratios with water ... it might be on the pack you buy or it's in these pages somewhere. Spray 'em and see. You will probably have to spray twice.

Hope yr plants get better soon ...

OrganicMids

Too much N causes far too many problems.

pH is also something to look at when you want the best for your plants.

I like pH 6.2 to 6.6 in soil. Bad pH's cause problems too.

Hmm both plants are exhibiting different symptoms though. I have two other plants that weren't over watered and they're doing great. Think the over watering caused a huge pH imbalance? I'm in organic, living soil so I haven't been worrying about pH much

OrganicMids

To my mind you have two issues:

The first is an acute shortage of Magnesium.

The second is 'senescence'. That is, the fan leaves are giving up their minerals to the flowers because your plant does not need its fan leaves anymore. This is age-related. So, forget the fan leaves. You can even take them off.

Quickest re Magnesium depletion is to foliar spray Epsom salts. I can't recall the ratios with water ... it might be on the pack you buy or it's in these pages somewhere. Spray 'em and see. You will probably have to spray twice.

Hope yr plants get better soon ...
Does mag deficiency cause weak stems too or is that a calcium def? I literally was just bending them off with ease. Do you think it could be a couple different deficiencies? If you look closely you can see some small red spots too which are signs of cal def. I was also thinking it could be lockout from over watering. I'm brewing a kelp tea that I'll be feeding tomorrow or you think I should just spray with epsom? I'm on 24 light, if i spray should I pull them out of the light for a bit?

In terms of the second plant, I see the senescence, but there is a whole lot of discoloration going on all over the plant. She's super bright green in places. Isn't that a sign of N def?

This whole over watering disaster really made things a lot more complicated lol

bushed

As you are already half way into flower i wouldnt worry too much about finding a remedy just give them straight water and they will finish up with less yield and quality but will still be fine.

Less is more in organic soil, next time cut back on all the teas and tonics only give them once a week at the most and listen to your plants.

OrganicMids

As you are already half way into flower i wouldnt worry too much about finding a remedy just give them straight water and they will finish up with less yield and quality but will still be fine.

Less is more in organic soil, next time cut back on all the teas and tonics only give them once a week at the most and listen to your plants.
Yeah have to learn that, was trying to give them way too much love lol. This is my first official grow so just been trying to do everything right. They should have another 30 days or so, I figured that's more than enough time to try and sort this, no?

bushed

Yeah have to learn that, was trying to give them way too much love lol. This is my first official grow so just been trying to do everything right. They should have another 30 days or so, I figured that's more than enough time to try and sort this, no?

I just dont think that anything you do will positivly effect the final outcome at this stage but throwing different things into the mix could delay them finishing up which you dont want to do you want to get this run finished and start again with the knowledge you have gained. Your in organic soil so the plants will still be getting fed.

I dont know if you grow veges but weed is just another plant, loamy soil with lots of worms, a bit of animal manure and worm castings it basicly grows itself. You may not get a super huge yield but everyone will comment on how amazing it tastes. Good luck.

OrganicMids

I just dont think that anything you do will positivly effect the final outcome at this stage but throwing different things into the mix could delay them finishing up which you dont want to do you want to get this run finished and start again with the knowledge you have gained. Your in organic soil so the plants will still be getting fed.

I dont know if you grow veges but weed is just another plant, loamy soil with lots of worms, a bit of animal manure and worm castings it basicly grows itself. You may not get a super huge yield but everyone will comment on how amazing it tastes. Good luck.

Good point. I'm trying to be a perfectionist and want that fire the first time around lol.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
It looks like there is something going on with the roots. I agree that K is both in high demand from the plant because of flowering, and is being locked out, most likely from overwatering.

I would do a very slow long flush with clean water, then feed 0.4 EC of (organic?) bloom food and 0.1 EC of Epsom Salt. And then not water for a week. That should stimulate new root growth and give the plant time to recover.

Also, some pruning of the leaves to increase airflow would be good.

--

Extra tip: I'm experimenting with a very simple ferment of water, sugar and cannabis leaves in used alcohol bottles. Use equal weight leaves and sugar, add water until almost full and let stand in a dark warm place, until the translucent water has turned into a soda yellow. Sift/pour into another bottle and it will keep for a long time.

This seems to clear up botrytis and other non-beneficial fungi, possibly because of all the cannabis specific endophytic fungi in the leaves, and the sugar giving them lots of energy. Which is my guess. All I've noticed is that it seems to give the plants a huge boost in health.

Speed of green

Overwatering means you leached a good many of your nutrients from the soil, this will throw your cations out of balance. This point in flower I would just let them finish with water, maybe top dress some gypsum @ 1tsp per gallon of media on one plant to see if there is any improvement.