Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Landraces > REAL Landrace Colombian Gold.

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Alchimia Grow Shop
REAL Landrace Colombian Gold. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2017, 09:14 PM #1
TicalionStalion

TicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really nice
Cool REAL Landrace Colombian Gold.

so, I work hydro shops, and I have for the better part of a decade. Anyway, It all started about 6-7 years ago when a customer came in with a mini jar of Colombian Gold.

The shop owner and myself couldn't BELIEVE how nice this was, grown in super soil under 1000w HPS...the high seemed to have had no ceiling, super giggly, ispiring, coversation starting, creativity, and to boot, it feels like your head is on a balloon 6 feet over you head, with a nice top of the dome halo buzz constantly. Couldn't believe it, a sativa I had been in search of for years. the TASTE and SMELL! HAZE. Haze haze haze. Cantaloupe (yeah, that's how you spell it, had to look that one up HAH!) SCRAIGHT up cantaloupe. smell and taste match each other. but that REAL sativa, Haaaaaze is what it had going on.

The story goes, the older gentleman (from out of state, the customer from the shop) was in the army during Nam' ...and one of his close Army buddies has family in Colombia. Well, they end up finding each other, and sharing the same flight shortly after meeting up again in an airport far far away. So they chop it up on the plane, talking about what each other had been doing for the last X amount of years. To make a long story short, the friend hears he has/had been growing and had been trying to find "what they had when they were kids" Well the guy, being from, and having family in Colombia arranges beanz to be mailed to my old customer, this was a couple 15 yrs ago atleast. He Pheno hunts the small amount of beans from the Gold they had been growing naturally for 60-80+ years, maybe longer in that area of Columbia, finds a winner pheno, and rocks with it for years and years before I even met him (dudes more than twice my age). Its pretty much all he wants to grow!

so after 6 years or so of asking this guy for cuttings, he FINALLY comes through. I grew them out in a 4x8 tent under 2x 1000w setups, in hand made super soil, (old vic high recipe) fed very little with some Herculean Harvest (liquid bone meal, 0-10-0) and a fair amount of mammoth P. I did 4 plants under 2000w in 5 gal smart pots, I yielded roughly 12-13 zips per plant, w some BIG colas.

here's some pics of the finished well cured product. This is as legit as I can see it getting folks, mind you this was only my first run. If I didnt get a new phone (and didnt want them converting my pics over LOL) I woulda been able to show the live plants.

She will forever remain a staple in my garden and flower at least one with every run. not the strongest obviously, its a strain 3 times older than myself at the VERY least lol. At this time, being that my dude didn't give it to anyone but me, I would have to assume only 2 people in the USA are rocking THIS Colombian gold. but that's why I'm posting it, I thought it'd make for great discussion...

I've hooked up some old heads with it, they take a toke and look at me shocked and wide eyed before they blow it out.."This is it!" I wouldnt know being an 80s baby.

Thanks yall! Peace kids. I HOPE some of my old overgrow.com refugees chime in! my old crew. Haven't made a post in YEARS!

TicalionStalion is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:47 PM #2
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
Lucky score. S1 that baby so its not lost to time.
There are thousands that would love the chance of tasting
That Gold again.

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:17 PM #3
Cannavore

Cannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant futureCannavore has a brilliant future
beautiful! agreed with mack start making seeds with that girl before ya lose it!

@bodhiguide & @thacannavore = Instagram
Cannavore is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2017, 11:31 PM #4
Water-

Water- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really nice
how long does it take to flower?

looks more like a modern hybrid than a tropical landrace variety
Water- is online now Quote

Old 09-13-2017, 11:40 PM #5
TicalionStalion

TicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really niceTicalionStalion is just really nice
I went 88 days, but one plant still had some clear trichs. next time I may go a little longer, we'll see. well, of course its going to look different, its been indoor grown for 20 years already before I got to it. and he selected that pheno, he had ones that were completely not conducive for growing indoors.

thanks guys! no modern hybrid here.

Iv put in one other persons hands, probably the best grower i know. I call him the vault, I can give him something, he'll have it 10 yrs later. dude pulls 4 lbs off 12 plants, soil garden. 1000 watts. He used to run a 16k and an 8k flower simultaneously. mind you I'm in a non rec, hardly med state. So a 16k grow is pretty good for these parts. but yes, I will ensure its survival.

A part of me feels like the guy I got it from only let it out because he didn't want it to die with him. hes in his late 60s id say.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:45 PM #6
Water-

Water- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really niceWater- is just really nice
I see a hybrid

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:52 PM #7
TicalionStalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water- View Post
I see a hybrid
Jesus, how did I know this would happen, Water how long have you been growing? how old are you? do you know what Overgrow.com even was? if you had been a member for 12-13 years I wouldn't be asking.

any old heads on here who remember me know I don't fuck around. don't hate, appreciate the heritage.

and No Ill tone toward you in this at all my friend. I'm just wondering why your such an authority. maybe i'm the asshole, who knows.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:44 AM #8
Water-

why come on here proclaiming something is " REAL Landrace Colombian Gold" if you can not in anyway prove it?

all you have is a second hand story and bud pics that look like a hybrid.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:53 AM #9
Ncali

Ncali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really nice
Comon man. He's been here 4 months, I think he's paid his dues... lol. Places like OG are few and far between these days on the web man, an era long passed it seems.

Seriously though, there will be sceptics regardless my friend. A nice sativa effect with what sounds like great indoor growing characteristics is special no matter the name on the label. Everyone is quick to be a hater these days, it is the internet you know?

Anyways, thanks for sharing the finished product, looks like some kind Sat bud. Any veg or flower shots?

NC
Ncali is online now Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 03:10 AM #10
Jack T.Ripper

Jack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura aboutJack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura aboutJack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura about
Personally, I think JGL @ USC has the only real CG left.

It's not some BS1 'preservation', either.

-Dwight Schrute
Jack T.Ripper is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.