Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Rapid Ph rise

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Rapid Ph rise Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2017, 03:36 AM #1
Mtez44

Mtez44 is on a distinguished road
Rapid Ph rise

I got 16 - 5 gal buckets under 4kw led's. they are going to be 4 weeks old on Saturday. I'm at about 300ppm solution, from tap water and general hydro nutes. They are rooted in coir pucks buried in clay pebbles in an 8" net pots.

I changed the water/solution yesterday 9am. Nuted to 300ppm and ph'd to 5.9. 36 hours later the solution in the buckets are at 7.3-7.5 and I don't know why the rapid spike.

Is it due to the chlorine evaporating from the tap water? Should I let the water sit for a day before I make my solution? Any help would be great.

P.S. I have a high end inline water filter arriving tomorrow and will be installed asap. Solution change immediately after
Mtez44 is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 03:53 AM #2
gh0stm0de

gh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura about
What was ppm reading when ph spiked? Nutes will lower ph and and the plants eat its normal to see ph rise. Did they just eat it up? If so this could likely be sign of hunger and desire for higher ppm feeding potentially.
gh0stm0de is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:57 AM #3
Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud of
If you got algae in your buckets it'll spike the ph like that.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299402
Scrappy-doo is online now Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 04:10 AM #4
Mtez44

Mtez44 is on a distinguished road
How do I tell if I have algae? I see nothing with the naked eye.

I never though of it that way. I guess they could be hungry and just be depleting the solution. I will check PPM tomorrow. If it's low should I change water and replace with a stronger solution?

Again, everything looks nice and healthy so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3900.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	427875 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3899.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	427876 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3896.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	427877
Mtez44 is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 04:39 AM #5
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of lightDouglas.Curtis is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stm0de View Post
What was ppm reading when ph spiked? Nutes will lower ph and and the plants eat its normal to see ph rise. Did they just eat it up? If so this could likely be sign of hunger and desire for higher ppm feeding potentially.
This here...

Most *problems* in hydro cause a drop in pH. Rises in pH are generally caused by nutes being used up or too much air being pumped through the water.
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:07 AM #6
gh0stm0de

gh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura aboutgh0stm0de has a spectacular aura about
Algae will be visible. Ive seen guys get it in their rockwool.

Some raise ppm by adding nute or concentrated nute solution to control. Others do full swap.

Some dont swap out nutrient solution whole grow. Some do it weekly.

I have done both. I like regular swaps because you have more understanding and control over composition of nutes and what your ppm represent. Nutes aren't so expensive that its cost prohibitive to do this. Yet some swear by never changing out and only topping off

👍✌

Old 09-14-2017, 05:23 AM #7
gh0stm0de

Is that carpet? Consider laying down tarp or plastic next time first or between rounds. Also consider insulating buckets and tubing. Reflectix at home depot works well and foam tubing insulation is cheap

Old 09-14-2017, 05:52 AM #8
Ganoderma
Hydronaut

Ganoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivor
What is the ppm of your water that you are starting with? I ask because if you are using tap water there is most likely an amount of some stuff in the water giving you a starting ppm level of the water and if your ppm's with your nutrients are only at 300ppm's you may have your solution too weak.

Have you tried readjusting the ph of your nutrient solution/water since the ph went up?
Ganoderma is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:56 AM #9
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stm0de View Post
I agree. Ph will rise quickly if the plants are feeding heavily in veg

PH swing is good, plants uptake different nutrients at different ph levels

I said fuck the ph meter long ago. The plant tells me what it needs, you just gotta learn to read the plant

Cherry Bomb x C99

When I was a young man, I was convinced I had the world by the tail. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that the world had me by the tail the whole time, I just didn't know it.
WelderDan is online now Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 10:29 AM #10
noreason
Natural born Grower

noreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant future
noreason has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Tap water = bicarbonates.

Bicarbonates = alkalinity

Alkalinity : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkalinity

You hydro guys should now this, it's just basic for any grower. Ph will rise up in some time (minutes-hours depending on the hydro system and other things), till saturation it's reached. Than pH don't fluctuate anymore this big, just little swings at max.

GOD IS THE SUPREME FLOWERING OF INDIVIDUAL AWARENESS.OSHO
Sharing is caring

All posts made by this screen name are absolutely true. All pictures are mine and I don't give a f u c k what your law says.......
noreason is offline Quote