Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Sports and recreation > NFL 2017

Thread Title Search
Click to Upgrade your account
NFL 2017 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2017, 10:51 PM #51
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud of
not ready to jump on the rams bandwagon just yet baba'
i think you hit it on the head here, "...maybe he's feeling the urgency to make the offense more potent with a QB of the future watching from the sideline."
but ive said it before, i like andy reid teams and i believe in alex smith
/if you can score smith at a good price i would take him
pop_rocks is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2017, 06:49 AM #52
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of light
I already picked him up in one league after thursday's game. Not sure if he's for real though, most expert rankings still have him as a bottom 10-15 QB (not startable in 12 team, 1QB leagues) for week 2 at the eagles. I guess i have to hope theyre wrong and he still feels the urgency to keep slinging it if he wants to remain a starting qb. He's under contract for next year as well but could be trade bait if the chiefs decide to move on to mahomes.

Vikings looked good against the saints, bradford looked like a top 5 qb against the saints lack of defense.

Chargers didnt look great against the broncos until the last quarter, when i stopped watching. Had a chance at tying up the game but first kick was iced and second attempt was blocked. Anthony lynn didnt have a great debut as head coach, from wasting a challenge on a reception that hit the ground to wasting time on a 2min drill at the end of the game. Also didnt play hunter henry enough, but maybe they wanted more blocking in there. But there's time to improve on things, and the AFC west is looking like the leagues best division; all 4 teams might finish .500 or better.
Bababooey is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2017, 07:14 AM #53
rolandomota

rolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of light
Giants down broncos next watch out cardinals and rams the cowboys are going to roll over all of you
rolandomota is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 02:56 AM #54
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud ofpop_rocks has much to be proud of
agree that the afc west will be red hot this season
im surprised that alex smth would grade so low, hes not know as a gun slinger but he is def a solid nfl qb
i think frisco gave up on him way too early, but wiht kaep standing tall at the time who could blame them
i dident watch the chargers game but it sounds like the same ol' team
they give up a lot of points early, rivers gets hot and in the end blow it on some stupid play
/last seasons botched hold was a fav of mine but there were plenty of close loses to choose from
the chargers will continue to loose the close games, but who knows, the west could send three teams to the playoffs
more likely: chiefs/raiders take the division with the other team getting in on a wild card

goff looked good for the rams, too
as i said in the preseason, he looks like he is making the adjustment to the pros
he still need some weapons around him but he looks like he is ready to take the next step

after loosing johnson this past weekend az is kind of screwed no matter who they play
/plus a lot of fantasy players i imagine
i wonder how many more games does zeke' play before he has to sits out his six games?

Old 09-15-2017, 12:31 AM #55
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of lightBababooey is a glorious beacon of light
I might actually roll with alex smith (vs eagles) over kirk cousins (vs rams) this week in one of my leagues: that rams Defense might be legit with wade as playcaller and getting aaron donald back. They looked great against the colts but the colts were an abomination without luck. The eagles have a good D too but are more vulnerable to the pass than the run and they lost their best CB for 6-8 weeks.

Smith is mr. checkdown almost every game but when he's forced into a shootout he can sling it, he's shown it before. I guess if you can win 10-11 games a year not throwing the ball downfield you just go with it.

Didnt the chargers blow a bunch of 4th quarter leads last year? Like 6-7 games where they had the lead... The chargers never lead this game but almost tied it up with a 4th qtr comeback. But yeah, blowing it at the end is similar.

David johnson is pretty much out for the entire year, may come back in december when the cards have like 4-5 wins, what's the point in even playing then? Cards might hold him out then so they get a better draft pick, they'll probably need their qb of the future, carson looks done.

Zeke looks like he's going to play this entire season, if he has to serve a suspension it'll be next year, like brady with deflategate, he didn't have to serve his suspension till the litigation worked its way through the courts and that takes months and months.

I thought goff has some decent weapons in watkins, kupp, gurley, jared cook... although Watkins is an injury risk, gurley hasnt really been great since his rookie year, and cook looks like a great TE but hardly plays like one.

Any fantasy players pick up tarik? Think he can be a good flex player getting 12-20 touches a game?

Old 09-15-2017, 04:14 AM #56
pop_rocks

smith has playing in a pretty balanced offence for several years so he really hasnt needed to throw down field like some other qbs
before charles fell victim to father time he was a great rb and could break off big chunks of yardage on any play
hopefully wiht the new kid hunt they will still be able to play a balanced game but he looks like he could be a big receiving threat as well

you hit it right on the head with watkins, i think thats why buffalo let him go
too much time injured
if gurley can return to his previous form it helps
i still think the rams are a WR#1 away from having a potent offence

yeah the chargers lost pretty much every close game they played last season
some of those loses were down right comical

im not up to speed with the rules of fantasy but i tihnk smith (v eagles) is a better call than cousins (v rams)
im taking a good look at the rams this year and as long as goff keeps improving they are going to be a better team
/plus i love wade!

Old 09-16-2017, 04:51 PM #57
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandomota View Post
Giants down broncos next watch out cardinals and rams the cowboys are going to roll over all of you
I think the cowboys will definitely be superbowl contenders this year; people say they will regress from 13 wins last year and that might be true (maybe looking at 11-12 wins) Dak is a legit QB that can win you a championship. Plus he doesnt break at the slightest touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
smith has playing in a pretty balanced offence for several years so he really hasnt needed to throw down field like some other qbs
before charles fell victim to father time he was a great rb and could break off big chunks of yardage on any play
hopefully wiht the new kid hunt they will still be able to play a balanced game but he looks like he could be a big receiving threat as well

you hit it right on the head with watkins, i think thats why buffalo let him go
too much time injured
if gurley can return to his previous form it helps
i still think the rams are a WR#1 away from having a potent offence

yeah the chargers lost pretty much every close game they played last season
some of those loses were down right comical

im not up to speed with the rules of fantasy but i tihnk smith (v eagles) is a better call than cousins (v rams)
im taking a good look at the rams this year and as long as goff keeps improving they are going to be a better team
/plus i love wade!
Who would you say is a legit WR#1? Is it only guys like Antonio, Evans, AJ, Dez, Demaryious, Larry? Would you say Keenan is one?
I think watkins has shown he can perform at a WR#1 level, he's had some pretty big games before, only he keeps missing games due to injury. But he's supposedly healthy this year fwiw.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:36 PM #58
pop_rocks

"Who would you say is a legit WR#1?"
watkins has potential but i dont see him being the wr#1 until he shows he can play most of the season and be a big part of that offence
keenan would def be wr#1 for the chargers
hes had a run of bad luck and been hurt for most of the past few seasons, but you could tell that he was phillip rivers go-to guy
i guess thats how i would define an ideal wr#1: your go-to guy
/able to make a variety of receptions (especially the big catches), and has that bond with the qb on the field

Old 09-17-2017, 04:54 PM #59
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

I'd agree with you there, a WR#1 is someone you can force the ball to, even if they're matched up on an elite corner or they're double teamed. But in that case there are probably only 10-15 WR#1's in the league then.

I think the rams have changed their color scheme from blue and gold to blue and white. So that's more chargers like, i guess.
The cardinals lost their best player and the niners are still rebuilding, if the rams win 3 or 4 games against them, they could be looking at a .500 season or better. Maybe not enough for a wild card in the nfc unless they go 10-6 though...

I hear the chargers still havent sold out their 27k seat stadium. If their ticket revenue really suffers in LA, maybe spanos will have to sell the team down the road?

Old 09-17-2017, 10:00 PM #60
pop_rocks

i noticed the rams new look too, baba'
while not dodger blue, could we call this the LA look? the blue and white
/and who will forget the chargers early attempt to rebrand to the "LA look" as soon as they moved out of san diego
while its still too early to gauge fan support, the chargers are fighting an uphill battle all the way in los angeles
they play the dolphins later today and im looking fore ward to seeing what the crowd looks like
i could see the rams going .500, especially given the reasons you laid out
so did you end up playing smith today in your fantasy league?
he is not putting up the same numbers as last week in the air but the chiefs arent looking that bad
it was all d in the first half but it looks like the offence is starting to make some noise

enjoy the games!