in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > ACE (and other sats) Indoor Tricks

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
ACE (and other sats) Indoor Tricks Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2017, 03:44 PM #181
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
bump
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2017, 06:57 PM #182
Terpene
I love the smell of cannabis in the morning

Terpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi View Post
Nice to see you are already preparing your new indoor grow
I'm glad to see many Honduras crosses of your own

Honduras is a quite recent release and we need to learn and explore more how she works in outcrosses.

This thread goes to the sticky zone, it deserved it since a long time ago
Thanks Dubi. Actually, the Panama x Honduras is your Panama Goddess x Honduras (which I believe is the pink haired pheno?). I am really looking forward to them getting bigger!

The micro forest continues to veg:

The Kaya clone in the back is really taking off, probably toss it into flower in a week. The Honduras crosses are so easy, 100% germ and happy as ever - Honduras x Alien OrangeADE (AOCADE) first, then Panama x Honduras. I've noticed that with only the 8.5w bulbs there was a bit of stretch on the seedlings, so the center 2 of the 6 bulbs have been changed out to 14w bulbs for a bit stronger light. There is now a total of 62w over the 60cm x 60cm x 60cm veg area (15.5w per sqft).

The Columbian Gold x Sour Dogs were a bit lighter in coloration and didn't pop, so I put 3 seeds in each pot and we'll see what we get. If nothing comes of them, I have LOTS of other beans waiting to take their place.

I discovered a (Zamaldelica x Ethiopian) x (Mauritius x Ethiopian) vegging where I used to compost leaves from the closet, so it has been added as well. I need to come up with a better name for that cross, I am thinking Zam-E x Maur-E to keep it simple.
Terpene is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:05 PM #183
Terpene

Terpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant futureTerpene has a brilliant future
Its been a whole 10 days and things have really progressed since my last update.

The Kaya clone took exactly 17 days to completely outgrow the 60cm vertical space in veg, which is about on par with what I've seen from most big lights in semi-SOG setups (a very good sign as to what to expect). I've now got it sitting in my flowering area (the upper half of the cabinet) and its 3 days in:

In veg, things are going very nicely with the various Honduras crosses. Dubi's Panama x Honduras (right side) is just slightly slower than the Alien OrangeADE x Honduras crosses (center row) I made. ZamE x MaurE seems to finally have rebounded from its initial transplant shock and is greening up nicely. Round 2 of the Columbian Gold x Sourdog seeds are dismal - at best. So far, we're 1 of 8 seeds planted actually germing. Same conditions as my other beans, which germ at 100%:
Terpene is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:50 PM #184
ULMW

ULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to allULMW is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi View Post
Hi Terpene,

I concur with you about the qualities of the effects of the different african strains being discussed (Malawi, Zamaldelica, Ethiopian and Mauritius). I also believe that the effects of the pure Mauritius and the pure Ethiopian are closer to Oldtimer's Haze rather than Malawi. Indeed, the cannabinoid analysis of all these strains go in the direction to confirm these assumptions.

I'm so glad that you are finding these new ethiopian hybrids enough interesting to breed with them and produce new hybrids, indeed a cross between a well tamed Zamaldelica/Ethiopian with complex lemony terpenes and uplifting effects, crossed with a high yielding Mauritius/Ethiopian with lavender aromas and strong effects sound like music to my ears

I second that!!! Needing both on my next order!!!
ULMW is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:39 PM #185
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
You guys are the Ace of Ace seeds! Amazing work, I have to say. The genetics are awesome and that doesn't hurt, the main thing is the innovation you've put toward these sativas.

The micro-growing forum doesn't have a dedicated long-flowering sativa thread, so I've started one regarding cabinet design. Long Flowering Sativas: Micro-Grow Box Design Thread Any input on what rocks and what blows is greatly appreciated.

Definitely looking forward to being able to run some Ace genetics in the box I end up building. Thanks in advance for stopping by and keep up the work on the eye candy. *drool*

Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:38 PM #186
Terpene

Thanks all for the kind words.

Remember those cute little plants from veg? They're starting to become legit:

In order left to right:
Colombian Gold x Sour Dog (2 pots with every seed I was given to see if any pop)
Med Tree Seeds Orange Antoinette F2 (3 front)
ZamE x MaurE F1 (1 rear)
Ace Seeds Panama Goddess x Honduras F1 (2)
Honduras x Alien OrangeADE (3)

The Honduras Alien OrangeADE crosses will be ready to go into flower within a day or three. The Panama x Honduras are about a week behind that. ZamE x MaurE a week behind that. So from seeds in dirt, its about 25-35 days before they're ready for flowering (including germ time). Clones are about 12-16 days. Its a mini conveyor belt of plants.

The Kaya is a week into flower:
Terpene is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2017, 03:24 AM #187
Terpene

The 3 Honduras x Alien OrangeADE were moved up to flower 2 days ago alongside the Kaya clone which is about 10 days in.

Veg continues to move along steadily. In order left to right:
Jacket (Destroyer x Princess Diesel x P'91) F2 (4)
Med Tree Seeds Orange Antoinette F2 (3)
Zamaldelica-Ethiopian x Mauritius-Ethiopian F1 (1)
Ace Seeds Panama Goddess x Honduras F1 (2)

Terpene is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 03:18 AM #188
Terpene

Ok, sativa SOG from seed is finally starting to get hectic:

I have the plants on risers based on height, so in no particular order there are:
Ace Panama Goddess x Honduras (3)
Honduras x Alien OrangeADE (3)
Kaya (Valley OG x X-18) clone (1)
Zamaldelica-Ethiopian x Mauritius-Ethiopian (1)

Closeup on the Kaya at 3 weeks:
Terpene is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 01:15 AM #189
Terpene

Lesson learned - don't let the plants get taller than about 20cm in veg, or you'll be topping them a week into flower when they hit the lights. Not exactly ideal, but as I said in the beginning, its going to take some time to get used to the smaller space. I basically need to throw them into flower before they even think about throwing lateral branches. On the up shot, I am 100% female on standard M/F lines!

ZamE x MaurE about 5 days in, smells like a mix of everything thats in it. Ethio's lemons, zamaldelica's fruity tang and mauritius's lavender earth. This plant has not been topped and probably wont require any cutting since I tossed it in at about 18cm.

2 Panama x Honduras about a week in. The one on the left is a warmer, more pink grapefruit smell whereas the plant on the right is very astringent lemon.

3 Honduras x Orange AlienADE about a week in. All three plants have a fermenting lemons-tangeriney-chemdawg smell in varying amounts.

The Kaya clone (Tom Hill X18 x Valley OG) continues to love life at 3.5 weeks in, its got a smell somewhat similar to OG/production lines mixed with pakistani chitral's weird kinda spicy odor.
Terpene is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2017, 09:05 PM #190
Kaskadian

Kaskadian has a spectacular aura aboutKaskadian has a spectacular aura aboutKaskadian has a spectacular aura aboutKaskadian has a spectacular aura about
Terpene, as always your plants are looking stunning brother! Thanks for keeping such detailed logs.

2017 Outdoors (45N) Bogglegum, Blue Moon Rocks, and Lifesaver.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=342429
Kaskadian is offline Quote