Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Landraces > REAL Landrace Colombian Gold.

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Zamnesia
REAL Landrace Colombian Gold. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2017, 02:13 AM #11
Jack T.Ripper

Jack T.Ripper will become famous soon enoughJack T.Ripper will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack 10 View Post
Lucky score. S1 that baby so its not lost to time.
There are thousands that would love the chance of tasting
That Gold again.
It's already out there, many in the know already have it in their vault.

-Dwight Schrute
Jack T.Ripper is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 06:43 AM #12
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
I grew the "real deal" back in the 70's. I can say for a fact that it won't look like what we got in the 70's for the simple fact that A: what you grew was indoor, and B: the way the 70's weed was processed and cured is far different than the way you grew and cured.

Sooo, that being said, it's hard to say for sure what you have is OG 'Lumbo gold, however it looks like primo herb and there's no way to tell from a pic if it's truly legit.

The real deal took 12-14 weeks or more to mature and because of harvest and cure methods used by the Colombian growers back in the day, the weed direct from the source at the time didn't look like what we grew from the seeds in those bags.

So, maybe it is, maybe it ain't, but without a genetic test, it's nearly impossible to tell for sure. It does look a lot like what we grew from seeds we got back in the day.

Cherry Bomb x C99

When I was a young man, I was convinced I had the world by the tail. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that the world had me by the tail the whole time, I just didn't know it.
WelderDan is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:28 AM #13
oldbootz

oldbootz is just really niceoldbootz is just really niceoldbootz is just really niceoldbootz is just really niceoldbootz is just really niceoldbootz is just really niceoldbootz is just really niceoldbootz is just really niceoldbootz is just really niceoldbootz is just really nice
All these heritage threads need to remember that one persons story often becomes another persons dogma. There is no way to tell what a plant really is. Even phylo genetic records are not quite there yet.

We should mostly disregard this information. Who really cares where it comes from when you consume it? At that point all you care about is taste and effect right?

Well that's how i see it. The back "story" for me is good to get an idea of what to expect. But I will always judge by smoke test if I like something, or would like to continue growing it.

Many hyped things have found there way into my garden and turned out disappointing in some way.

Many under-hyped things with simple names like this x that have turned out amazing.

Hype can be misleading.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:12 AM #14
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud of
Glad you like it, in the end that is all that matters. I have some legit USC '72 Colombian Gold and it looks very sativa, whereas yours looks to have been hit with some indica.

If that strain is pure from 80 years ago I think there is little chance it would look like that. My CG does look like sativas from the early 70's except fresher and not compressed.
yesum is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:57 AM #15
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really niceLimeygreen is just really nice
Different regions have different plants too so depending where it came from could affect how it's looking, it's possible that it is pure and it's possible it could have been crossed. Either way he stated how he got it and that is honesty to me, so what is the point debated if it is pure or not, he's not selling seeds with a description he is merely sharing the story and pictures so good on him and thank you for sharing.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:19 PM #16
Water-

Water- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the roughWater- is a jewel in the rough
some of the best herb I have ever smoked have been hybrids with tropical varieties so im not doubting its killer herb.

Last edited by Water-; 09-14-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Water- is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 03:40 PM #17
rolandomota

rolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of light
i beleive you man maybe it is a hybrid but its mostly colombian sativa. Cantaloupe you say and haze so im thinking pine and cantaloupe?

This makes me want to pop and f2 my 15 cantaloupe skunks we all know skunk has Colombian. Its the only skunk i want to grow its bred to be more sativa. Insane seed posse made this i see them at hmp dpot so maybe a cross with a more sativa male of cantaloupe skunk to this haze cantaloupe Colombian would be nice so you can produce fast flowering high yielding more colombian dominant seed line.

Sativa can have fat buds have you seen Colombian mangobiche by cannabiogen? That would also make a nice dad
rolandomota is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 09:16 PM #18
west-eu

west-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to behold
west-eu has completed 6 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Colombian Gold 72 / Colombian Black hybride / Punto Rojo

Old 09-15-2017, 02:49 AM #19
west-eu

west-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to beholdwest-eu is a splendid one to behold
west-eu has completed 6 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Colombian Gold x Chem og

Old 09-15-2017, 03:54 AM #20
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T.Ripper View Post
It's already out there, many in the know already have it in their vault.
how do join this club.

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote