What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mammoth G1 Tent Useless?

I am worried that there is no point using this tent with the gavita 1000w that it is apparently designed for cause from what I have read it needs to be at least 90cm from the canopy but preferably more.. So the fixture is apparently about 45cm then you must allow at least 90 cm from plants which would only leave about 1 meter for plants including pots/tray, etc.. that's assuming you got the 2.4m high version not the 2.15m version.. Seems like a bloody joke to me! Is there any point?

Dog Star

Veteran
I have Mammoth 215 cm version,growing under 1000 DE.. and everything works
great...

its a stupid to not try and then judge by prejudice.. ;)

so how far away are this plants from light??

picture.php

Jeebus mate.. They look awfully close! Maybe 60cm.. ? Have you got the light set on 1000w or lower? I just don't see how you could grow plants that size successfuly given the dimensions.. I have read that the light should be about 36" from the canopy at least.. Is this correct? That doesn't leave you much room.. Are the plants going to grow anymore in height do you think? They look like they are about 3 feet or so already.. How does that work? The way I calculated it you have 45cm for the height of fixture.. 90cm reccomended distance from plants.. That would only leave you 80cm INCLUDING the height of the pots.. I just don't get how you're pulling it off? I am thinking of getting the 2.4m high version and even that seems like a pointless exercise.. I really want it to work cause I'd very much like to use a gavita 1000 so I guess I'm just looking for hope.. Which you have given me.. Thanks m8! :)

Dog Star

Veteran
This ones are atleast 180 cm high.. trick is that you need to shape canopy "around"
a light so a 4 plants in center are lowest in hight,you dont sees them but can imagine
this what i told you..

Also i burn it on strongest feature 1150W or 1200W as paper of Gavita says...

dont worry,you need not to listen others,but to try and then to convince self..

two strong vents under Gavita and between canopy keep stuff good ventilated
and whithouth hot spot,this air need to be moved very fast..

Dude.. That doesn't make sense to me! How can you have 180cm plants in a 215cm tent when the fixture is said to be 45cm (according to a thread on this site I can link to in which many people claim that the minimum distance from canopy should be at least 90cm and that's on 1000w setting not 1150w) that would require 125cm without allowing for distance from plants or pots.. The math just doesn't add up dude! I don't understand!! What size fans are you running? I was thinking just one 6" fan would do me but it's not the heat I'd be worried about it's light bleaching as that is what has been reported from people putting it any lower than 90cm in this forum.. I'll post a link... I just have no idea how you could be doing that even with placing smallest 4 plants under it... My mind boggles! :noway:

Still the math of 180cm tall plants in a 215cm tent when the fixture allows nothing for distance from plants or pot size.. In fact it would need to be an extra 10cm tall if the fixture is 45cm with no distance from canopy or size of pots.. Just doesn't seem to make sense dude!

Dog Star

Veteran
Knowledge is fragile... you bringing conclusions and you never tried..

am bring pictures and showing you what is possible...

J

jaded1

The pictures don't lie Sticky,not sure what you cant understand about what Dog star has posted.Makes total sense to me.
Tall plants on the outside with shorter plants in the centre directly under the lights

That would mean the plants on the outside at least would have to go 10cm higher than the bottom of the fixture if they were growing straight out of the bottom of the tent! That is what I don't understand!

Dog Star

Veteran
45 cm can be by diagonale...

180 cm of height together with pot.. those ones on sides,in middle 4 plants that have
maximum meter in hight,there i put indicas... on sides sativas..

I dont get why math so much bothers you... you made yourself too much of problems,
in the end i showed you pic... its not CGI,this picture is for real..

Well for someone like me who plans to grow a uniform crop of OG cuts it is pretty useless wouldn't you agree? It means I could only grow 2' tall plants really (excluding pot size).. Is there any point? I don't see how you could grow 2' tall Sativa's on the outside cause the light distribution is said to be so even and I would have expected bleaching but thanks for giving me hope! :)

Well for someone like me who plans to grow a uniform crop of OG cuts it is pretty useless wouldn't you agree? It means I could only grow 2' tall plants really (excluding pot size).. Is there any point? I don't see how you could grow 180cm tall Sativa's on the outside cause the light distribution is said to be so even and I would have expected bleaching but thanks for giving me hope! :)

Limeygreen

Veteran
You could grow uniform cuts of og as a sea of green, scrog keep the canopy low and have lots of tops. You wouldn't need to have 3 or 4 plants. If you pack in plant at 4 per square foot, chop off the lowers and only leave the tops you have good chance on cuttings and sog, you could fill a screen and flip them so you have nothing but tops for a scrog.

DJXX

Veteran
Use the old back of the hand rule, take the back of your hand, go towards the light till its heat is just starting to get uncomfortable, thats the distance your plants should be from the lights...and no closer...this method has always worked for me...good luck..DJXX

Bob Green

I use a Gavita 750 with a M110 SR reflector in an 8ft gorilla tent and have successfully grown stuff like Mullum Thai in there. With a little bit of super cropping, smaller pots, flower once clones root, and an 11/13 flowering schedule lots of things are possible. Just need to adjust the style to the goal.

Latest posts

Latest posts