What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ultimate 4x4 tent setup

I am in a position where I am trying to find the most efficient in regards to yeild, quality, density of bud, look of bud, flavour of bud and frost on bud. I would like this to be helpful to everyone who may need this setup. 4x4 tent; everything you may need or want be as specific or as vague as you like.

First off, where is the tent located and how do you plan on regulating the environment? You cant stick a 4x4 in a 10x12 bedroom in Arizona/Nevada and hope for the best unless the rest of the house is AC'd down to 60 or so. I dont care where its geographically located, point is that it needs to ventilate externally.

So beyond that, what's your articular brand of Vodka?

I am in a position where I am trying to find the most efficient in regards to yeild, quality, density of bud, look of bud, flavour of bud and frost on bud. I would like this to be helpful to everyone who may need this setup. 4x4 tent; everything you may need or want be as specific or as vague as you like.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...i run a 600HPS, barebulb vertical style in my 4x4 with 8 plants in 2gallon fabric pots, 2 per side, surrounding the bulb.

...i feed KISS style with Jack's Pro Hydro and i support my plants with Marlo's Wall Of Weed method.

...i pull between 12 and 15zipz per cycle with a minimum amount of labor and almost no drama.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

...easy peasy lemon squeezy.

peace, bozo

...btw, my grow lives in a spare bedroom and i control temps by opening windows in the winter and by running a 5000btu window AC unit during the summer.

First off, where is the tent located and how do you plan on regulating the environment? You cant stick a 4x4 in a 10x12 bedroom in Arizona/Nevada and hope for the best unless the rest of the house is AC'd down to 60 or so. I dont care where its geographically located, point is that it needs to ventilate externally.

So beyond that, what's your articular brand of Vodka?

The tent is located in the UK, in a loft with no windows.

...i run a 600HPS, barebulb vertical style in my 4x4 with 8 plants in 2gallon fabric pots, 2 per side, surrounding the bulb.

...i feed KISS style with Jack's Pro Hydro and i support my plants with Marlo's Wall Of Weed method.

...i pull between 12 and 15zipz per cycle with a minimum amount of labor and almost no drama.

View Image

View Image

View Image

...easy peasy lemon squeezy.

peace, bozo

...btw, my grow lives in a spare bedroom and i control temps by opening windows in the winter and by running a 5000btu window AC unit during the summer.

What is your opinion and views on led growing?

justanotherbozo

Veteran
The tent is located in the UK, in a loft with no windows.

...then you will almost certainly need a portable AC unit of some kind, i expect it gets pretty hot in the loft in the summer and you WILL have to find some way and where to vent the exhaust flow.

What is your opinion and views on led growing?

...i can't help you here as i have never flowered with LED, i did recently aquire a smallish LED fixture gifted to me by my grobro and it has been doing well as a veg light.

...unfortunately LED is expensive and it doesn't lend itself easily to a vertical orientation so i have never bothered to make the investment.

peace, bozo

...then you will almost certainly need a portable AC unit of some kind, i expect it gets pretty hot in the loft in the summer and you WILL have to find some way and where to vent the exhaust flow.

...i can't help you here as i have never flowered with LED, i did recently aquire a smallish LED fixture gifted to me by my grobro and it has been doing well as a veg light.

...unfortunately LED is expensive and it doesn't lend itself easily to a vertical orientation so i have never bothered to make the investment.

peace, bozo

I was going to vent to one side of the loft and get fresh in take from near the entrance of the loft even thought it would be closed sometimes leave it open

thejact55

LEDS do help on heat. I bought em to run in summer. They wont yeild quite as good as HPS but ive been happy with em. Even still, being upstairs in a enclosed room, its gonna get hot. Can you drill a hole and put a vent to the outside? If not, as stated a portable AC (that unless its a swamp cooler, will have to be vented also).
With leds, dont let the numbers fool you. A 900 watt led is like a 400 watt hps.