What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terrifying rise of super-strength 'skunk' cannabis:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Yep! They are right. Just look at me. Ive been smoking weed since 1969, and Im nuttier then a fruitcake.....:D

On another note...
Im glad they didn't get ahold of my OGMango Haze. Theres no telling what they would have said with the THC being almost twice as high as the fake skunk they have now :D
picture.php

XXX_710

Ooooooh, lol

Ooooooh, lol

Oh sorry you misinterpreted me XXX....it was a fictional/hypothetical situation I created to show how uninformed the general public and judiciary are about the huge variety of different cannabis there is out there....its not all Skunk.....in fact VERY FEW people seem to be growing plain old Skunk, (check the myriad of varieties, say just in California alone) There are many skunk hybrids and poly-hybrids but little pure skunk produced these days.

*so I have been told anyway.

Ooooh, my misunderstanding. I remember back in the 90s the "skunk" that truly reeked of real skunk, powerful smell. There was no concealing that you had some in your pocket. It was much better than what we were smoking locally at the time.

geneva_sativa

at what point did people in the UK start calling all good weed "Skunk"???

I can remember about 15 years ago, the first time i heard it and being confused as to what the guy meant.
I tried to tell him skunk was an old specific variety of herb that smelled like skunk and he just got a blank look in his eyes

I don't know why

but this is funny stuff

angelgoob

That moment when you smoked pinnapple skunk and you can see..you can see the effects.

Ya'll realize they make the articles confusing for SKUNK users so they're not in the know. Certain lingo. Stuff like that.

You let it go on the skunk. You're all skunked up. They expect this.

Now just get sober, read the article and comment. No need to smoke the skunk.

The same skunk they want you to smoke you commie. So you wouldn't understand. :comfort:

CaptainDankness

This is all Skunkman's fault. :laughing:

For real and he just sold good weed as Skunk, certainly not the Skunk. Lol

I guess the UK won't be seeing any legalization. I guess Americans, Canadians, Dutch and Spanish can't grow good weed because this only happens in the UK.

hoki2test

Veteran
Study Shows New Yorkers Consume More Marijuana Than Any Other City In The World!

Study Shows New Yorkers Consume More Marijuana Than Any Other City In The World!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/118232" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Whether you smoke, vape, or eat it, New Yorkers are consuming more marijuana than any other city in the world, according to a new study. New Yorkers consume more than 77 tons of weed each year, the report from Seedo, a company that produces growing systems and advocates for legalization of the drug showed. Dr. Igor Zhuravenko, one of the few doctors in the city allowed to prescribe medical marijuana to patients, was extremely surprised by the ranking. He suggested it might have to do with the absence of certain cities in the study

to be honest though i think that certain individuals do indeed have negative results from high potency cannabis, ive seen it atleast twice with my own eyes, some one that usually smoked a lower grade , had some of mine and ended up acting like a complete mad an for a few hours, then everything was fine. ive seen a guy take a rip off the chillum (traditional indian hash pipe) and then exhale and faint on the spot.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I found this in the comments section:

SpiceandFentanyl 8h ago

I was in a club the other night and was offered a spliff in the smoking area. I had a few tokes and 5 minutes later, I was unable to walk. The bouncers promptly kicked me out, despite seeing the state I was in. I spent an hour on the pavement freezing, but unable to move. I later managed to walk home despite having hallucinations. I have smoked occasionally throughout my life (maybe 50 times), but this was something else. Such a strong effect from such a small amount. I believe that what I was smoking had at least some Spice in it. This is the issue with the illegal market - you do not know what you are buying and now there is a drug 1000x more powerful that could trip you up.

The same issue is with heroin and Fentanyl which is killing scores of people each day in the US.

With the advancement of synthetic drugs, it is like going from analogue tv to digital tv. The playing fields have changed and so does our reaction. I think legalising weed and having the profits spent on helping care for the families of those hurt by drugs, would be a great step forward.'

Synthetic, fake cannabis 'SPICE' creates countless psychological problems, and the real 'erb gets a bad name because of it. That's what it looks like to me.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Just another reason to legalize and disassociate the herb from all the hard/synthetic drugs that pin the blame on it. Ever notice when someone becomes ill and/or dies from smoking cannabis and spice or cannabis laced with Fentanyl they love to frame cannabis as the culprit? It's almost like they get too excited over the possibility of proving the long debunked myths of reefer madness to even realize the drugs responsible for the illness/death.

Kind of reminds me how the D.A.R.E. officer would come to school every week and tell us the most ridiculous shit. For example people who sell you weed will piss on it or spray it with Windex to try and increase the potency. I have yet to ever have this happen.

And I can't forget my favorite piece of information I was given-- drug dealers will chase you down and force you to take drugs to get you hooked. I kid you not, they actually told that to a room full of 5th graders. I'm still waiting for someone to drop by, pop a spliff in my mouth and light up while chuckling with a villainous laugh.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just another reason to legalize and disassociate the herb from all the hard/synthetic drugs that pin the blame on it. Ever notice when someone becomes ill and/or dies from smoking cannabis and spice or cannabis laced with Fentanyl they love to frame cannabis as the culprit? It's almost like they get too excited over the possibility of proving the long debunked myths of reefer madness to even realize the drugs responsible for the illness/death.

Kind of reminds me how the D.A.R.E. officer would come to school every week and tell us the most ridiculous shit. For example people who sell you weed will piss on it or spray it with Windex to try and increase the potency. I have yet to ever have this happen.

And I can't forget my favorite piece of information I was given-- drug dealers will chase you down and force you to take drugs to get you hooked. I kid you not, they actually told that to a room full of 5th graders. I'm still waiting for someone to drop by, pop a spliff in my mouth and light up while chuckling with a villainous laugh.

Yeah man.....so much disinformation and lies, propaganda and twisted miss-truths surround what the public have been told about the 'erb over the past 80 years or so.....Thank heavens for the internet for being able to get the real facts out there in recent years, so at least today most people seem to know some of the real facts about cannabis.

WishDoctor

talk about behind time the uk is still like stuck way back in the 80's weed wise, ohhh new skunk lmao

thank for the morning funnies. new powerful skunk. wow what a laugh

hazyfontazy

Veteran

they were telling the truth .
this happened regular in jail in the early 90's when crack first appeared..vulnerable new inmates would be chased down and injected in the neck with crack or smack in the hope of getting them addicted ,,happened to a mate of mine but he was harder than they realised and he bust them up and got an extra 3 months ,poor fucker was only in for speeding fines :(

hazyfontazy

Veteran
talk about behind time the uk is still like stuck way back in the 80's weed wise, ohhh new skunk lmao

thank for the morning funnies. new powerful skunk. wow what a laugh

its not the weed scene that is stuck in the 80's ,its the medias knowledge

soil margin

Veteran
"A paranoid schizophrenic stabbed two health professionals before setting fire to a secure unit after smoking up to £60 of skunk a day, a court heard.

Myha Grant's use of the drug, as well as the former legal high Spice, was said to have 'destabilised' his mental state."

I like how they just slip that in there like it's not a big deal.

THE DUDE WAS SMOKING FUCKING BATH SALTS, OF COURSE HE WENT CRAZY!

edit: that being said, if anyone really does have some of this super strength skunk I would like to try it."

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
they were telling the truth .
this happened regular in jail in the early 90's when crack first appeared..vulnerable new inmates would be chased down and injected in the neck with crack or smack in the hope of getting them addicted ,,happened to a mate of mine but he was harder than they realised and he bust them up and got an extra 3 months ,poor fucker was only in for speeding fines :(

Man is that messed up. I think they were trying to tell us that the average street dealer would do this to anyone they encounter. Prison is a screwed up society of its own where things that would seldom happen on the outside are the norm inside. I personally think it should be reserved only for people who are violent and not for drug offenders or unpaid fines.

CaptainDankness

its not the weed scene that is stuck in the 80's ,its the medias knowledge

Even worse than the 80's these fools are using Reffer Madness talking points, they just have to make it about dank weed because everyone and their brother has smoked shitty import weed.

I've even seen people on cannabis forums worried about going crazy from smoking weed. Lol, it's clearly bullshit but some people will believe everything they are told, especially if it comes from the main stream media. Sad really, so many people lack independent views, too worried about what their fake friends on Social Media think. It's crazy so few people these days will party and not touch their cell phone for a night.