What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2018 outdoor cambodian grow

thejact55

What troutman said. Stop feeding. This plant will be very sensitive to nutes.
Agreed. It looks underwatered...but if its raining. Its most likely heat. Hell, really it could be a severe case of overwatering.
Keep it up. I was in cambodia a couple yrs ago, and wanted to get some seeds so bad. My wife is a non smoker and doesnt like risk in other countries that i drag her to, so ill just admire yours.

djimb

Veteran
I agree that it could use some water.
I used to work in nurseries and it's counter-intuitive, but even when it's raining, plants in containers usually still need to be hand watered. In the ground, a root system can spread out and catch enough water from the rain to sustain itself, but when the soil surface is only 15cm or so, it can't gather enough. It's still a good idea to lift the pot every day to gauge saturation, especially since it looks like it's getting big enough for a re-pot in the near future.

yournan

I had a look at the soil and it was very muddy and the rootball was hadn't expended out of the original pot size so transplanted in to some better draining soil in a last effort, thanks for the help guys.

yournan

So the plant from Phnom Penh didn't make it sadly.

But the siem reap girl is looking happy and healthy

picture.php

picture.php

She has recently started to show her sex and I'm pretty confident she is a she and as result has been moved from her plastic pot in to the ground in my veggie patch.

She is smelling lovely, a bit like pepper and a bit skunky.

She is currently 50cm tall and would at 10th node, is it to late to top her? How tall could she get? Is there anything else i could do to control the height?

Keep up the good work

djimb

Veteran
She looks gorgeous! Sorry to hear about the Phnom penh plant. I'm sure this one will absolutely flourish with your veggies. It shouldn't be a problem to top her at this point. Another thing to consider would be LST, but at that height, the majority of the stalk might not bend very well.
SE Asian plants can get very big in large containers, so if you're trying to keep it under your fence line, it'll require a lot of maintenance.

9DRAGONS

hay good luck with the grow, Asian weed i like a lot, hope you get a monster yield, am going to have to go back and read from the beginning. you got supper good weather in ausi the plant sould love it.

have a great weekend n keep it green

djimb

Veteran
Hey, any updates? I hope all is going well with your siem reap and that we'll all get to see some new pics soon!

yournan

I have been meaning to update but haven't got round to it.

She is doing great and has reached a meter tall even with being FIMed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

djimb

Veteran
Gosh, She's gorgeous! I wouldn't have guessed she'd been fimmed. It looks like there's a strong apical dominance there. Have you taken any clones or have any more seed?

yournan

she is looking lovely at day 46 since first pistils appeared.

she reeks and is starting to lean under her own weight.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the camera doesn't do the trichome coverage justice

she has been throwing a few pollen sacks which i have been trying to snip off before they open up, a bit annoying but it don't really mind.

how long do yous think i should let her flower for?

thank you all for reading

Growrhiz

Nice,seems it is very different compared the outdoor grow with the indoor grow.do you also need to add the LED or HPS light for them?

Growrhiz

It's difficult to see in your photos, but those look to me like axial branch buds opening. They can be easy to mistake for female preflowers, but they'll grow into new branches. the preflowers will grow in where the branch meets the main stem, and usually only after the leaves/branches switch from opposite to alternate. When you see pistils, there'll be no doubt.

Here's an example of young branchas growing out and the beginning of alternating nodes:
View Image

This plant ended up being a male.

And not a great photo, but Here's a shot of the first female preflowers on a different plant:
View Image

Hope this helps!

That last plant looks like It's trying to reach the sun. Does it get a lot of shade?

They're looking great! Keep up the good work!

Nice photo,not know how to take this picture with my phone:tumbleweed:.

Do you guys use mars hydro products?Just heard that they will have the 420 Promotions 10% off , that is a good opportunity,as far as I know they rarely have such a discount.:woohoo:

djimb

Veteran
It's looking great, yournan! I guess topping it helped it stay low. I would have thought it'd get huge in such a large volume of soil. Nice work!

Those landraces NLDs can take a long time to finish, and often they'll go through multiple flushes of bud growth, throwing new pistils right when you think it's finished. I'm going to guess that you're looking at a total flowering time of 16-20 weeks, based on what I've seen in other grow reports of SE Asian varieties. Of course your weather might dictate when you harvest, too, regardless of whether or not the plant is ready.

Nice photo,not know how to take this picture with my phone:tumbleweed:.

I took the preflower photo with a DSLR camera through a telephoto lens turned backwards to turn it into a pseudo-macro. You can buy adapter rings to hold lenses backwards on the camera, but I just held it on with my hand.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
use the pollen sacs to make female seeds on a diff plant, femmed beans are great. looks great, keep it up, loving the sativa

yournan

She has more than doubled in height since she was put I'm the ground but her growth seemed to be limited by flowering so early in the year.

There is fem seeds forming in another plant along with this one form the pollen I have missed, bit worried the offspring will all herm as well though.

Thanks everyone

djimb

Veteran
Here's a thread you might find helpful regarding seeds made with intersex pollen:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=200626

In this case, the plant was selfed, which I would think would increase the likelihood of the intersex trait in the offspring vs. A female/intersex cross.

Here's the jist:
6 weeks of 12/12, and no male parts, 6 of 12 in the sex battle
So it looks like about half of the resultant seed was solid female.

If that's a ratio you're comfortable with, then I say go for it!

What variety is the mother plant, btw?

Latest posts

Latest posts