What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anybody here use reclaim catchers?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And if you do...
How well does it work for keeping your go to piece cleaner than without using it?

I picked one style up off of eBay, from a producer out of Florida, with a removable jar. So far it’s helping to keep my rig clean but the reclaim catcher isn’t really doing it’s job & separating the reclaim from the vaper fumes. Instead, the catcher is becoming, more or less, evenly coated.

The idea is good, imo, but the execution wasn’t well thought out.

What are some of yalls opines on these devices?

ThatSauce

I just use a drop down. A buddy has the grav labs reclaim catcher with Keck clips. It works great. So does my $20 drop down. Soooo, whatever floats yo fancy I suppose...
Instead, the catcher is becoming, more or less, evenly coated.

The idea is good, imo, but the execution wasn’t well thought out.

What are some of yalls opines on these devices?
I'm pretty certain if you give it more time and let more accumulate, the jar will fill.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NO!
Not an ash catcher.

A reclaim catcher.
It’s very similar but used on dab rigs where zero flower is smoked through it.
It’s purpose is to catch the resin that cools too quickly to go through the rig. I think it’s typically decarbed & is excellent for edibles, topicals & just vaping again from what I understand.

ThatSauce

Long path drop down works best. Keeps your rig 30% cleaner. As for reclaim yuck trash.

It is very far from trash, sir.

Smoking it isn't for everyone (and not even that bad as long as you normally smoke quality product/don't absolutely scorch your nail/oil) but it is potent fully decarbed ready for butter/coconut/olive oil infusion!

Added a gram of reclaim to a gram of shatter and made 15 BHO Godiva chocolate "ice cubes" for Thanksgiving.

Some of the older family got smashed. Everyone was HAPPY:)!!

ThatSauce

Also, here's a "reclaim catcher".

https://dankstop.com/products/grav-labs-90a-14mm-reclaimer?variant=22923976646

grav-labs-90a-14mm-reclaimer-1.jpg

Starmstr

I stand by the fact that reclaim is as about as useful as used toilet paper. I get it if your poor or lack the skills or patience to grow an abundance.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I stand by the fact that reclaim is as about as useful as used toilet paper. I get it if your poor or lack the skills or patience to grow an abundance.

Believe what you want. You are entitled to your opinion.
Let me warn you though,
Opinions are like ass holes...
Everybody has one & they all stink!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don’t smoke reclaim myself either. There are folks out there that are absolutely happy to have it though.

shithawk420

Veteran
I guess I'm just not understanding what reclaim is.is it condensed vapor resin on a oil rig?I'd imagine that would get you ripped.in my part of the country dabs are rare.I think some people are really spoiled these days

ThatSauce

I guess I'm just not understanding what reclaim is.is it condensed vapor resin on a oil rig?I'd imagine that would get you ripped.in my part of the country dabs are rare.I think some people are really spoiled these days

Yep, some of it is. Oil also gets sucked into the rig through the nail in a lot of ways. Directional carb caps spread your dab evenly around the hot surfaces of your nail, but they can also blow your oil right into the intake.

Heres some proof of the potency of this stuff. The elevated levels of CBN are even more an advantage for me, as I really love it for bedtime knock out eddibles above all else.

https://mcrlabs.com/resources-post/we-tested-reclaim-and-this-is-what-we-found/