What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Fine" coco coir

BuddyRichTHC

What im asking is:

Is it the same?
Wll it drain and retain water the same?
will i need different additives than "standard" coco?
etc

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
It's not the same, it's "fine" because its ground up pith, no long strands ...

The pith is the cheapest and most common bulking agent in various brands of coco ..... I ran a few different new brands against Canna, they were all bulked out with pith and 2 were so crap I could feel sand in there

The biggest problem with pith is it compacts a LOT and then deprives the roots of air

BuddyRichTHC

This is not exactly what i was hoping to hear.

I'm thinking of going with 20 5kg bails of GHCocoTek uness somone has better ideas. I've never really done coco, but I don't feel watering will be an issue. I have a "chemical sprayer" i plan on using for watering and food....

Originally i planed on "cutting" the Cocotek with the "Frogs" ..... Cocotek is hella expensive on amazon @18.00 for 5kg incl free shipping... this much should be.... 60-70 3gals? only have ab 7 or 8 feet vert space