What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MOB x Blue Durban Chitral + Blue God, Cocoa Kush etc. @ 56 days

browntrout

Veteran
Icon here is one for you:

DC x Calio x LVPK x Hindu Kush. Thanks Again! This one is very kush with slight coffee note a tad earlier than the DC pheno elsewhere, that one is citrus orange earth in smell, slight DC and minimal kush.
picture.php

KC33 x (Shiskaberry x DUrban) flat stem mutant
picture.php

God Bud (Sativa pheno): Strong fruity smell, flinstone vitamin dry smell as well.
picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
MOB x BDC #4:
Lighting adjustment:
picture.php

MOB x BDC #4
No adjustment:
picture.php

Pictures really don't do this one justice, she's very crystalline. Other phenos a little behind. likely another week an I will pull. No mold on any MOB x BDC! Some strains like god have it.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look really sweet sounds like you got 1 caliO x DC pheno & 1 more LVPK dominant pheno i think you'll enjoy both.
love the color on that MOB x BDC#4

cjs

CJS,

Unfortunately my seed garden was yanked, likely by someone who will throw it out due to the volume of seed.

My few 1000 or so MOB x BDC seeds made last year (What produced the clones you see above) along with BDC F2's were eaten by Squirrels.

At this point I have lost the MOB x BDC, however I still have the BDC F1 along with the ability to re-create Durban x PCK. I think I will re-create the Durban x PCK and grow a large number of Durban and PCK. The Durban x PCK is sooo unique as the durban dominates almost every plant it's bred with, the PCK and DUrban blend to create something that is different from either parent but use the best traits from both, something quite rare from what I have seen. The blueberry and MOB was introduced to fulfill my lust for berry smell/tastes.

I still have the big sensi plants as seen above and below.

That sux dude, yep that Durban x PCK sounds like a winner in my books. MOBxPCK would be nice too.

Cheers
CJS

browntrout

Veteran
I may be able to reveg these plants once cut. If so she will live on in clone. Likely I will cut them down soon, they are still swelling a bit however.

cjs

The Dutch passion Durban poison is very underrated I think, I have been growing it since 1998 and it still holds its own against all the new stuff. Its a monster yielder,does well outdoors, heat/cold- mold and pest tolerant. I disagree that it has only 8% THC though.and it has a very nice sativa buzz.

whats your thoughts on it?

p.s I don't work for dutch passion nor have they paid me for these comments :)

browntrout

Veteran
The Dutch passion Durban poison is very underrated I think, I have been growing it since 1998 and it still holds its own against all the new stuff. Its a monster yielder,does well outdoors, heat/cold- mold and pest tolerant. I disagree that it has only 8% THC though.and it has a very nice sativa buzz.

whats your thoughts on it?

p.s I don't work for dutch passion nor have they paid me for these comments :)

I had this exact conversation yesterday from the guy who gifted me the DP durban. Often times people remember the real Original Durban as something early and very unique from other african strains. But many folks disregard DP's version because of it's indica-like growth in veg and the though that DP is 100% sativa.

However during the years that the first Durban was brought to USA / Holland it was something very different from the durban collected today. It had influences said to come from indian strains that were broguht over. Over the years the landrace african strains overcame the indian genes and reverted back. However the durban most people know and love is the hybridized love child of Durban and outside genetics.

DP's durban has changed a little over the years from ours as ours was bought circa 2000 I believe and inbred heavily outdoors.

She is a real winner and will dominate even the most inbred of plants. It's been crossed out so many times and it is really surprising as the hybrids you would think would be winners come out near 100%, It even shows itself with a strain make up of 5% durban. A very distinctive and strong smell on her. However the PCK cross was an improvement over both parents.

As for potency she is not super strong, but clear, red eye and a little racy at times. I've smoke plants tested at 12% THC that were stronger than 26% THC plants. Funny how things play out with different cannibinoids. The PCK x Durban is a fair bit strong and the PCK adds a little more length and body. Very old school in high but very potent as well.

frostqueen

Damn those are purty! Love the coloration.

I've been on the hunt for a good Durban for the last 10 years. I prefer a bit of indica skew, even if that isn't what Durban 'should' be like. Most important to me is plenty of that insane flavor. That, and finishing in 10 weeks or so.

I may have to try Dutch Passion's version. Sounds like it's what I'm looking for.

browntrout

Veteran
Damn those are purty! Love the coloration.

I've been on the hunt for a good Durban for the last 10 years. I prefer a bit of indica skew, even if that isn't what Durban 'should' be like. Most important to me is plenty of that insane flavor. That, and finishing in 10 weeks or so.

I may have to try Dutch Passion's version. Sounds like it's what I'm looking for.

I think Dutch passion's has changed a slight bit over the years vs our Dutch passion durban that was purchased and inbred starting many years ago.

I'm lead to believe the durban everyone knows is a hybridization of Durban and foreign genetics, over time the original durban landrace overcame the foreign genetics. Durban captured today from Durban is a long flowering sativa with less similarities to the old. Durban was first known as a quick flowering sativa dominant plant.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Sucks that I didn't catch this one from the start. I had been waiting for the MOB x to get grown out. Real pretty ladies.
Sucks even more that these are the last of them. Maybe you should go ahead and get a couple cuts going now. Worst comes to worst you can self them.

I would have been willing to buy some, trout.

Heya Roosta :wave: I finally found a reliable source for the real MOB again! :woohoo:

browntrout

Veteran
Sucks that I didn't catch this one from the start. I had been waiting for the MOB x to get grown out. Real pretty ladies.
Sucks even more that these are the last of them. Maybe you should go ahead and get a couple cuts going now. Worst comes to worst you can self them.

I would have been willing to buy some, trout.

Heya Roosta :wave: I finally found a reliable source for the real MOB again! :woohoo:

Don't worry friend, I have a very kind friend who dug the #4 and #5 up and has revegged them. Some further crossing or selfing will be done. As well I found some seeds within them which would be (BDC x MOB) x Durban Chitral!

Stash

Just a thought. I have some Skunk#1 x Durban/Chitral seeds and was thinking what skunk may have been used in this cross being that these seeds are very very old. When was the Durban/Chitral first being used? Later, Stash

browntrout

Veteran
Just a thought. I have some Skunk#1 x Durban/Chitral seeds and was thinking what skunk may have been used in this cross being that these seeds are very very old. When was the Durban/Chitral first being used? Later, Stash

My durban chitral is my own cross, Old dutch passion Durban (fantastic breeder, acclimatized to 45N over 10 Gens) x Ace PCK.

ManyManySpliffs

Question for everyone. Is the MOB x BDC something the public would be into buying once stabilized a bit more?

Yes indeed that would be a nice strain to have in stock. I'd buy it as is and work with it but stability is good too. I'd definitely help test those beans, excited just thinking about it.. lol :woohoo:

thejact55

Whats you up to brown trout. My path isnt far off yours. Ive located my BB mother and father, but i cant seem to toss the other clones either hehe.
I just popped an african seeds repro of durban poison, part of this is in hopes to find another base breeding stock mother.
Just seeing how things are going, snooping over the fence kinda lol.

browntrout

Veteran
Whats you up to brown trout. My path isnt far off yours. Ive located my BB mother and father, but i cant seem to toss the other clones either hehe.
I just popped an african seeds repro of durban poison, part of this is in hopes to find another base breeding stock mother.
Just seeing how things are going, snooping over the fence kinda lol.

Hey brother, thanks for checking the thread out. BB is hard one to find outdoors. The dutch passion durban we've been keeping for years is a thing of it's own.

Good luck with the breeding!