What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Vs. Chemical Nutes/Additives Side By Side (Roots Organics vs GH FloraDuo)

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
yeah thats about what i came up with....good information.....now work that back into total cost analysis at the end of the grow vs. yield. i choose to run organics and believe it to be worth it in the end

To be completely fair to both organics and salt-based fertilizers I have to think that both numbers are on the high end of the spectrum by virtue of all of the products being used. I've seen people grow pretty nice plants with MaxBloom at $10 for 2.2 pounds dry and with no-to-low cost organics (re-used soil, home made compost, and plant meals). While I would rather see a cheap-KISS organics versus chem comparison, I applaud DGSIX for his efforts and do think we will learn something from this experiments.

Pine

D

DGSIX

Well folks, unfortunately, i had to pull them a lil earlier than I had planned, They didn't fill out as much as i had hope but i didn't veg them long and ended up with some burn/lockout issues. In the end, I harvested 4 ounces off these lil guys. The winner as far as weight was the organic bubblicious. All around they taste and smell pretty awesome, and I can literally not tell the difference between the chems and organics when smoked. Have yet to side by side test them on ppl, that's next.

Sorry this thread fell off, my schedule got crazy hectic and the plants weren't very happy towards the end so I figured I'd just ride it out. I'll have macro pics from a week or so before I pulled em as well as some dried bud shots and hash shots from my trim.

I've already got another batch of the same genetics going as well as some auto varieties. Grow logs up soon. This time I'm running amended soil with a recipe I found on here. My plants are the happiest I have ever seen them. Should be a much better run with no time constraints this go.

Thanks to everyone who followed the thread, I appreciate all the reps and kind words and constructive criticism. I can only hope you continue to follow me through my ventures with this wonderful plant and look forward to sharing or testing some genetics with/for anyone sometime here too. Take care.

-DGSIX-