Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > 150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Thread Title Search
150w HPS Club and Resource Guide...... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2006, 05:01 AM #121
guanito

guanito is a jewel in the roughguanito is a jewel in the roughguanito is a jewel in the roughguanito is a jewel in the roughguanito is a jewel in the roughguanito is a jewel in the rough
Hey Sug
nice to see ya!

Anyone know wher I can get a copy of OG FAQ for e-conolight re-wiring?
I might need it someday.
I'm designing a box in my head for a friend. might become a memeber of the Mill's Pride club. Looking at a 250 w/digital ballast. Expensive box to build. Comes to almost $900.
They say w/250 you don't need cooltube.
Still tok'in my grapefruit!
Best regards

F.U.C.K.E.M.
Feisty Underground Cannabis Kultivators Eastcoast Movement
guanito is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2006, 05:19 AM #122
sugabear_II

sugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by guanito
Hey Sug
nice to see ya!

Anyone know wher I can get a copy of OG FAQ for e-conolight re-wiring?
I might need it someday.
I'm designing a box in my head for a friend. might become a memeber of the Mill's Pride club. Looking at a 250 w/digital ballast. Expensive box to build. Comes to almost $900.
They say w/250 you don't need cooltube.
Still tok'in my grapefruit!
Best regards
Hey Guanito - I think you should be able to find it somewhere if not the ballast makers do have diagrams on their websites too.

yeah I've been eyeing a digital 250 for a while lumatek makes them and lumatek is supposed to be pretty darned good. No digital 150 HPS's yet - I've seen some digital 150 MH's for aquiriums - doesn't seem to indicate that it can handle a 150 HPS though :(

anyhow - I heard the venerable c13 from mill's pride is being discontinued much to my sadness as I wanted one badly due to the 24" x 24" foot print. I was planning to build one of those with a new 250 digital just like you were talking about.

-suga
sugabear_II is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2006, 05:28 AM #123
~DatFire~

~DatFire~ is on a distinguished road
What up fam!

Just found the thread...........

Im going to start growing in my new cab soon...still have to build it though , Im going to start in the summer....casue I still got to think of a good design, seeing how my last cab was way too small.. oh yea Im sticking with the 150hps, and decide to put alway the MH..(way too much heat)

good to see ya suga

Overgrow...RIP
~DatFire~ is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2006, 06:14 AM #124
sugabear_II

sugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nice
hey ~datfire~ it's good to see you too!

wow a few of the old 150 crew is coming 'round - it's starting to feel alright again
sugabear_II is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2006, 02:05 PM #125
G35DarkO1E

G35DarkO1E is an unknown quantity at this point
lol so whats the best 250 setup i can find for cheap /`
G35DarkO1E is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2006, 05:59 PM #126
Pipedream
Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969

Pipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of light
e-conolight.com has a 250 HPS for about 79 bucks. It can easily be remoted if desired.

Pipedream is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2006, 06:01 PM #127
stevr59
Think for your self Qustion Authority

stevr59 will become famous soon enoughstevr59 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Well guy's i just finished my getto light hood for my 150 hps hope it works beter than my turkey pan bat wing. Did a temp check the other nite and it hit 90 a lot hotter than when i was useing the bat wing so i added a pc fan for a exshaced that drop it down to 86 still have not added a glass sheild yet seem like that would make it even hotter i am running a 145 cmf dayton in a 3.75 sq ft box. Only proublem is its to big to mount a dryer hose to hook to my dayton. is there a better way to cool this thing down short of re doing the hood to make it smaller my be a bigger pc fan , would like to make a cool tube but that will be later down the road.

150 watt club
GROW ROOM LOG BY VBSPARKY

Jethro Bodean School of komputer teknalowgee class of 1998

Linux Operating System-Ubuntu-6.10 Heres to you Mirco Sux

We Wont Forget POMH

Last edited by stevr59; 04-10-2006 at 05:54 AM..
stevr59 is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2006, 10:38 PM #128
Fat Puta

Fat Puta is on a distinguished road
Well I finally got my ass in gear and made a small veg / mother box
1’D x 2’W x 2‘1/2 H
175W MH 87.5Ws per sq foot
200 CFM 4” Muffin fan with speed control
Fully covered in Mylar

Fat Puta is offline Quote

Old 04-10-2006, 02:40 AM #129
green_grow

green_grow has a spectacular aura aboutgreen_grow has a spectacular aura aboutgreen_grow has a spectacular aura aboutgreen_grow has a spectacular aura aboutgreen_grow has a spectacular aura about
i have 3.7 sq. ft. of floor space in my cabinet, because of that i am thinking of putting in 2 x 150w hps, but i have a question (this is my 1st grow, by the way) ... do 150w hps require a ballast and special fixture for mounting ? i was eyeing them in home depot and the base looks like a standard incandescent but the package says that they require a special mounting fixture along with a ballast. i havent been able to find either the fixture or the ballasts anywhere i have looked .
please enlighten me !
green_grow is offline Quote

Old 04-10-2006, 05:48 AM #130
stevr59
Think for your self Qustion Authority

stevr59 will become famous soon enoughstevr59 will become famous soon enough
Howdy Green grow...
Go back to page 3 and look for STONERPANDA post... Yes they need a ballst best bet would be to get a encolite 35 bucks and do the remote balllast trick like stonerpanda did..it has a ballast, socket and bulb all you need would be to bulid a hood or better yet make a cooltube. here the link to the light: https://www.e-conolight.com/Product/E...ber=E-HC1H151Z

all so do a scearch on e-conolights that should help.
150 watt club
GROW ROOM LOG BY VBSPARKY

Jethro Bodean School of komputer teknalowgee class of 1998

Linux Operating System-Ubuntu-6.10 Heres to you Mirco Sux

We Wont Forget POMH

Last edited by stevr59; 04-10-2006 at 05:56 AM..
stevr59 is offline Quote