What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine's medical scene

ATTENTION ALL

The Department of Health & Human Services is proposing major changes to the Rules governing Maine's medical marijuana program.

A Public Hearing on proposed rule changes is set for Monday, August 13 at 1pm in the Health & Human Services Committee Room 209 in the Cross Building, next to the State House in Augusta.

Outdoor Cultivation

Proposed rules would restrict on outdoor growing, requiring an Enclosed, Locked, Facility to include:

• Exterior lighting. Exterior lighting, including motion-activated lighting, must be sufficient to deter nuisance activity and facilitate surveillance, but must not disturb neighbors

• Fence. A privacy fence at least 8 feet high that completely obscures the view of the contents of the enclosed area and is sufficient to deter theft and unauthorized intrusion.

• The DHHS may at any time require other security measures deemed necessary to secure the enclosed area.

• The enclosed area must be at least twenty-five feet from property boundary lines.

• The enclosed cultivation area must be located where the qualifying patient or caregiver resides.

Restricted Vegetative Plant Limit

It is proposed to limit mature, female vegetative plants to 12 per patient and no working definition for seedlings.

Adding New Qualifying Conditions

The rules would define how new conditions can be added, so physicians can recommend medical marijuana to treat more conditions.

Banning certain patients from cultivating their medicine.

The proposed rules would ban many patients most in need, and least able to afford to purchase medicine, from growing their own medical marijuana, including those who are legally defined as incapacitated, those who are homeless, in a nursing home or in hospice.

PLEASE BE THERE

If you would like to help or become involved with the movement please contact

Medical Marijuana Caregivers of Maine

207-596-3501 mmcmaine@gmail.com www.mmcmonline.org

KAT

Cooling down fast this year.heading for Colorado on Monday for some new strains should be a great time.happy trails.

So what happens to people who get caught with 99 plants? Do they weigh the wet plants? I know dried pounds are bad there but is it as bad as the law? What I mean is say that I have 99 plants with 40 pounds total but they are not Harvested, do I still get charged with the weight or just the 99 plants. Seems like 99 plants isn't a feloney but 5 pounds plus is more jail time.

Amber Trich

I think they dry it and weigh it

a pound and over is a felony

if youre medical you might say it isnt finished yet.. or that you were going to give it to a patient/caregiver/dispensary

supermanlives

Veteran
if the med scene was any good i would be there. got tired of east coast bs. lol when i lived in maine it was all illegal and we didnt care one bit . if any of the eastern ne states get a decent program i am spending my summers there again .