What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine's medical scene

My wife just got her card in the mail last week. Dr. Sulak recommended her last summer. My appointment is in January with Sulak, great office! We're both becoming caregivers, rooms ready to go(4- 1000's each), 12 moms, she just took clones of Burmese Kush, Arjan's Haze#1, Jack the Ripper, Agent Orange, Bubba Kush, Elvis Diesel. Coming soon... Double Strawberry Diesel, Sour bubble, Endless Sky. We're going to run indicas from 65 days to 100 day hazes. Those 7yrs of never ending prohibition rooms help with experience :) Should be extras, 1gram/watt is not that hard anymore.

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, did Sulak push Reiki, hypnotherapy, etc or is he comfortable just giving the recommendation? Does she have to go back often to see him? I am working with a very limited budget (and seeing a professional is expensive) and am excited seeing how this all works out.

E

emerald city

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, did Sulak push Reiki, hypnotherapy, etc or is he comfortable just giving the recommendation? Does she have to go back often to see him? I am working with a very limited budget (and seeing a professional is expensive) and am excited seeing how this all works out.
If you dont mind me butting in....Once the doctor has given you thier recommendation for medical MJ your required to recieve at least 1 follow-up visit after 6 months...
As the DHHS requires a yearly update on status im not sure ,but would almost bet a doctors visit will be needed also.
tO answer the jist of your question,yes getting this documentaion to become and stay legal is costly..Think its 300 initial visit,175 follow up.[plus added reiki if wanted] 100 state fee..Then add to it all the price of the MJ you just became legal to aquire...

The only legal referance i have is my lawyers interpatation on the wording of the law.[Maine medical marijuana law,definitions]

Thanks EC. I finally found the full 58 pages of Maine medical marijuana rules. An Excellent read. If anyone would like, the are available from the state here: http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/attach.php?id=118624&an=2

You are indeed right EC! They clearly state that:

1.17 Marijuana plant. Marijuana plant means a harvestable female marijuana plant that is
flowering and is greater than twelve inches in height and twelve inches in diameter.

This is truly a game changer, as mothers, clones, males, and vegging plants don't count against your numbers. :jump:

E

emerald city

Thanks EC. I finally found the full 58 pages of Maine medical marijuana rules. An Excellent read. If anyone would like, the are available from the state here: http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/attach.php?id=118624&an=2

You are indeed right EC! They clearly state that:

1.17 Marijuana plant. Marijuana plant means a harvestable female marijuana plant that is
flowering and is greater than twelve inches in height and twelve inches in diameter.

This is truly a game changer, as mothers, clones, males, and vegging plants don't count against your numbers. :jump:
The general consensous is,The law in Maine was specificly worded in that way to give us some "room" to work with :bow: .
Be advised that over 99 plants is still a federal problem that supercedes Maines medical MJ law.
I still wouldnt want to be the one to fight the theory with the local PD.....Tho i will have to admit it does"change the game" as you say .

E

emerald city

looking for infomation

looking for infomation

Does anyone have any infomation on the group "Medical Marijuana association of Maine" ??..They also have a brandy new maine based webforum..There are so many new groups,organizations and websites all over Maine these days ..Hard to stay on top of whats current/relevent....:ying:

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran

-harvestable
-is flowering
-greater then 12inches

so what if i have say 3 patients including my self and grow 18 plants in veg bring them to like 3-4 ft nice fat bushes.. i would only be in violation of greater then 12inches which wouldnt classify this as a "marijuana plant"

so i could potentially run 18kw 1 plant per kw and get anywhere from 18-36lbs every harvest... then the problem arrises with amount harvested at one time... think its 8oz? so you would then just have to setup a nice perpetual grow to offset amount harvested each time... this law is so tit we can all prosper and stay legal at the same time! brilliant

just figured it out... you buy 18 5x5 tents and you start one every 4 days(assuming strain goes 70days 12/12) this would give you 4 days to cut and dry a lb and get it the fuck out the door before you go over the limit

Sulak does include a Reiki session with the visit. Weird my wife was having pains in her sides for a couple weeks that she was going to see her doctor about. The Reiki made it go away within 20 min or so, I didnt know what to say.

-harvestable
-is flowering
-greater then 12inches

so what if i have say 3 patients including my self and grow 18 plants in veg bring them to like 3-4 ft nice fat bushes.. i would only be in violation of greater then 12inches which wouldnt classify this as a "marijuana plant"

so i could potentially run 18kw 1 plant per kw and get anywhere from 18-36lbs every harvest... then the problem arrises with amount harvested at one time... think its 8oz? so you would then just have to setup a nice perpetual grow to offset amount harvested each time... this law is so tit we can all prosper and stay legal at the same time! brilliant[/QUOTE]

Exactly, DHS and our attorney said keep it under a 100 in veg, we have 2ft plus Arjans haze going in next month, gonna be a monster scrog there!

We used to use The Urban Garden Store for nutes and equipment, but for the last year have been seeing Big Gary at Natures Palate in Mercer. He's beaten most internet prices and buy in bulk to get huge savings. The sale prices were like $100 for a Hortilux 1000hps bulbs, $140 for a 1000watt switchable/120/240 ballast- aluminum housing, decent ballast. He buys this stuff by the pallat now and claims he has the best prices in maine.

E

emerald city

-harvestable
-is flowering
-greater then 12inches

so i could potentially run 18kw 1 plant per kw and get anywhere from 18-36lbs every harvest... then the problem arrises with amount harvested at one time... think its 8oz? so you would then just have to setup a nice perpetual grow to offset amount harvested each time... this law is so tit we can all prosper and stay legal at the same time! brilliant

just figured it out... you buy 18 5x5 tents and you start one every 4 days(assuming strain goes 70days 12/12) this would give you 4 days to cut and dry a lb and get it the fuck out the door before you go over the limit
1/4 lb every 4 days is more then the 2 1/2 oz allowed every 15 days..
There's the catch,Youve got all that weight with no legal way to cash out or stockpile it....Unless your one of the 8 dispensaries allowed in Maine, there's still no legal way to grow and sell MJ.
Should be able to sell excess to other caregivers or patients not just have to give it all away...Fair price/fair wage for all,patients/growers ..

i guess in this case you would need a nice stash house =)

Notice though:

1.36 Usable amount of marijuana for medical use. Usable amount of marijuana for medical use means 2 1⁄2 ounces or less of prepared marijuana
I was reading about another state with low weight limits where people are labeling the container for when the cure will be finished.
eg. "This medicine will be fully dried, cured and thus ready and prepared for patient consumption on XX/XX/XXXX" allowing you to have weight that's not technically prepared.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Well now I'm starting to lose interest!

Nooooo don't make me research something all by myself!!!

I guess I have some reading to do... :shucks:

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
Notice though:

I was reading about another state with low weight limits where people are labeling the container for when the cure will be finished.
eg. "This medicine will be fully dried, cured and thus ready and prepared for patient consumption on XX/XX/XXXX" allowing you to have weight that's not technically prepared.

very good idea.. and yet another way around the problem...

E

emerald city

Last chance reminder

Last chance reminder

To those medical MJ patients in the state of Maine who have NOT registered with DHHS.This is the last day 12/31/2010 that just a Doctors note"afferitive defense" will be a viable option in the eyes of the law.....The head of Maine MMJ program stated after the 1st of the new year[1/1/2011]Any patient or caregiver who does NOT register and have the proper documents will be in violation of the new law and treated accordingly....
So far im hearing numbers like ,only 175 folks[and im 1] have registered with the state as of yesterday...
I know the new law sucks but today is the deadline if you want to stay on the legal side of the line...Good luck to all :dance013:

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
now that your registered you will have to keep us posted id like to know if they come check your garden at all.

E

emerald city

now that your registered you will have to keep us posted id like to know if they come check your garden at all.
Ive had my card for a few months now..I also have choosen to grow for myself and the wife[also a registered patient]....As far as i know,the wording of the law states that DHHS will be inspecting for compliance issue where plants are being grown for 3 or more patients at a time.. BUT ..If the state has reason to believe anyone is breaking the rules they can will investigate the complaint....If the state wants to take a look at my little medicinal grow,under lock and key, meeting all legal regulations,ill be glad to comply while my lawyer documents the whole process..As i demand to be treated as a patient not a drug dealer....:tiphat:..Ill keep yous posted...