What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Life cycle of spider mites indoors with soil?

blondie

Last grow I had some mites that would not go away. I sprayed them with captn jacks dead bug brew but that helped only a little. I chopped those plants and am getting close to next grow. I wonder if these stupid creatures will return. Do they lay eggs in soil? On plant leaves? Tent floors?? I’m going to spray the tent down with captn jacks, remove any dead leaves. Also thinking run the light a few days and spray again, before putting seedlings in the tent. Hoping this will hatch any eggs and kill any larvae. I wouldn’t think larva would live long as I think they feed on live plant material?? Any tips??

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I would spray the room down with some bleach... if not too much soil to take the loss, discard everything and wash everything from top down with bleach a few times a few days apart...

Im in similar position, however, I have a lot of organic soil hand mixed and its a pain in the ass to have to remove everything and restart from 0... my plan is to harvest the plants when time comes, remove pots from the room, spray bleach everywhere 2 or 3 times, wash everything down, remove top few inches of soil of the pots that were being used, repot the clones in there, spray a few times neem, pyrethrin, essential oils for a week or two and then order some predatory mites, veg for another week or two, and keep an eye out on the situation.. if that doesnt work out then I guess Ill reset my room and remix the soil...

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Mites lay their eggs on the underside of the leaves. Try spraying Azamax or similar every two days for a week. You have to melt or kill the eggs. Or they will be back. Capt Jacks/spinosad is best for thrips.

That should do the trick.....only in veg. If in flower try high humidity until harvest.

Latest posts

Latest posts