Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2016, 11:10 PM #131
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocktail frank View Post
I have a weird habit.
I like to molest colas with my fingers and smear the sticky resin into my moustache.
This way i can smell dank all day even tho i can't smoke alot at work.
Works for me, until i actually do get high, then i wonder why the fuck i can smell weed everywhere.
Then the paranoia takes over and i think i have a bud stuck to my shirt or some pot in my pocket and i'm going to get caught.
Then i LOL when i realize what's up, because i got high.
That's awesome - weed sented stash... Then getting paranoid cause you can smell weed everywhere you go.

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:13 PM #132
EastCoast710

EastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk18 View Post
Don't ever touch your flowers while flowering with bare hands. the oil from your hands will stop the bud production.. So Wear Gloves
hahaha. stupidest thing ive heard in say.. 10 years
EastCoast710 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:08 AM #133
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocktail frank View Post
I have a weird habit.
I like to molest colas with my fingers and smear the sticky resin into my moustache.
This way i can smell dank all day even tho i can't smoke alot at work.
Works for me, until i actually do get high, then i wonder why the fuck i can smell weed everywhere.
Then the paranoia takes over and i think i have a bud stuck to my shirt or some pot in my pocket and i'm going to get caught.
Then i LOL when i realize what's up, because i got high.
I like it.

Snook is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2016, 04:52 AM #134
chronosync
unknown clone

chronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of light
flava sava
chronosync is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2016, 08:42 AM #135
iTarzan

iTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud of
Even without kids my wife and I have accumulated way more bed frames than we need. Some singles some doubles. Most are old 1910 to 1940 metal ones. They are built like tanks. I use 8x8 tarps that I get cheap at flea markets or dollar stores and basically make a tarp pool inside the frame on the floor with zip ties through the grommet holes. I have a grommet installing tool to add more where needed. Hey grommet tool is a handy item to have. So is a pop rivet tool. 2 more hot tips right there. LOL!

I hang 1000w above each bed. I saw other people using bed frames so it isn't my idea.

The tarp pool allows me to flush pots, mist, spray and all liquids are contained. I keep a small shop vac nearby too. And a fire extinguisher. Another good tip. Always have one handy.
iTarzan is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:36 PM #136
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Itarzan- nice use of the bed frames - always great when you can recycle stuff and turn it into stuff for the garden.

Just another little tip (more for my benefit) make sure with clones, seedlings and smaller plants in general, when in soiless mix or soil - do not overwater. Let the medium dry out so the roots go searching for water. Have a couple plants I grew from seed and they are about a foot tall, started to yellow a bit and get squirrely on me, I was a little to exited to get these beans going and I overwatered them a bit - so one again I am reminded to let them dry out a bit, you can always add water to a dry plant but you can't take the water out of an overwatered plant...

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2016, 04:01 AM #137
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
It's a bad idea to trim your roots right before you flip your plants to 12/12/flower. As I recently read on ICMAG (and common sense should have told me), the roots don't grow once you put your plants in flower, so here's the tip/trick: allow a week, or two would be better, between trimming the roots and going to flowering mode. If you don't, you'll get like one small bud on the highest node and not much else. Because the root system is pumping as hard as it can, but it's limited by small roots.

Also, as we all know, never touch your plants with your bare hands.
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2016, 06:18 AM #138
whythefnot

whythefnot is a jewel in the roughwhythefnot is a jewel in the roughwhythefnot is a jewel in the roughwhythefnot is a jewel in the roughwhythefnot is a jewel in the roughwhythefnot is a jewel in the roughwhythefnot is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
It's a bad idea to trim your roots right before you flip your plants to 12/12/flower. As I recently read on ICMAG (and common sense should have told me), the roots don't grow once you put your plants in flower, so here's the tip/trick: allow a week, or two would be better, between trimming the roots and going to flowering mode. If you don't, you'll get like one small bud on the highest node and not much else. Because the root system is pumping as hard as it can, but it's limited by small roots.

Also, as we all know, never touch your plants with your bare hands.
This theory applies to transplant timing as well. You want to transplant into the final pot with enough time for the roots to fill out right around week 1 - 2 of 12/12.
whythefnot is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:02 PM #139
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
Pressurized Sprayer

I do not spray much but when I do, it gets wet in there. I've started using this type of 'pressurized' sprayer instead of the trigger type. took me allot of years to figure it out.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=amazon+pla...xL._SL160_.jpg

shop around, the come in colors too. green for veg, red for Clorox (I just had that happen), white for tap water, etc.. My trigger finger would cramp. FT.

Snook is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:33 AM #140
doams

doams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nice
always keep your timer(s) under voltage(connected to power) 24/7 even when you are not using it(them) because when you dont internal battery inside the timer will broke and you can throw that timer into garbage and then you have to buy a new one!!!
doams is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.