What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butterscotch hawaiian

WelderDan

Veteran
I got two packets so far, enough for hundreds of seeds. I'll probably hit my G13/BSH mom with it, among other things. The G13/BSH promises to be a beast of a plant. The mom I have has monster fat leaves and is only about a foot tall. She's got a STRONG smell, new tips are very sweet, dank smelling. It doesn't clone as easy as my C99, but it just takes a few more days

Rinse

Veteran
yes that is the female side of the equation, I actually crossed it with an ibl male from a sativa leaning ibl with hawaiian heritage, which would explain why there are some crazy sativa phenos in there.. a few years ago I grew around 250 of the original F1s and pollinated the best ones with a stellar F1 male and am going to continue to work the various phenos into their respective lines, but of course these things take time

Hi c-ray good to see you here, years ago I bought
double afghan slam because of one of your threads and it turned out the best strain for my climate and the most potent, too bad I lost her, but lucky I have it in a cross.

I wonder how the butterscotch would do outdoors?

TonyGreenHand

I'm subbed for this grow.

I tried googling the butterscotch afghan used in this cross but didnt come up with much, could anyone tell me more about this plant?*

I also have some hawaiian crosses going outdoors but who knows if they are the same hawaiians, more than likely no. However I can tell you for sure they are NOT mold resistant when it comes to bud rot and I'll be finishing them indoors.

Best of luck to you friend!

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hey thanks budd!

Me either i have not much info on that afghan used in this cross! But in all my outdoor plants, this is the one who support the most "high temp" 40*C and isnt summer ^^

mofeta

Veteran
I tried googling the butterscotch afghan used in this cross but didnt come up with much, could anyone tell me more about this plant?*

Me either i have not much info on that afghan used in this cross!

Hey guys, the info you want is right at the beginning of this thread. There is no "Butterscothch Afghani" in it, The old catalog description of the lineage was wrong.

Butterscotch Hawaiian is (Godbud x LUI) x IBL Hawaiian sativa. Godbud is a Jordan cross. LUI is Legends Ultimate Indica.

The two guys who made the crosses are bigbag and c-ray. They posted early in this thread. bigbag did the God x LUI, and c-ray crossed this with a IBL Hawaiian to make the Butterscotch Hawaiian. I can assure you these guys know what they are talking about.

WelderDan

Veteran
I'm subbed for this grow.

I also have some hawaiian crosses going outdoors but who knows if they are the same hawaiians, more than likely no. However I can tell you for sure they are NOT mold resistant when it comes to bud rot and I'll be finishing them indoors.

Best of luck to you friend!

There is no "Butterscotch Afghan", it was just marketing. C-RAY confirmed the parentage earlier in the thread, its (GODBUD/LUI) x a Sativa leaning Hawaiian IBL

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hey ..

There's a poor picture of my butterscotch hawaiin! I get 2 females, and they'r quiet similar.

They start slowly to flowering .. and there is not much smell from her atm ^^

pict0033b.jpg

Nice score on the genetics. I recently read this posted by n8tivegrower on another forum and would confirm c-ray's story, not that it needs confirming. I knew swampy had something to do with it.

"The G13/ Hawaiin is my cross I did with a friend named swampy about 6-7 years ago. Its actually a 1988 G13/hp we call GHash and swampys Butterscotch Hawaiin made by cray not reeferman.We gave these out for years to med peeps as its good for pain. Mota has made several crosses with my GHash, Grendel,Malinashi ect all good med crosses,potent. Bodhi has used it,so its a good breeding pllant don't know anything about nevils new cross but runs kinda close to home here."

Last edited:

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Cool cool, thanks!

But i was thinking than 1988 g13xhp was from ndnguy .. but whatever! Btw, i also got g13xhp/bs hawaiian somewhere in freezer ^^ Just hope that's gonna be a good smoke this fall

Cool cool, thanks!

But i was thinking than 1988 g13xhp was from ndnguy .. but whatever! Btw, i also got g13xhp/bs hawaiian somewhere in freezer ^^ Just hope that's gonna be a good smoke this fall

Someone else asked the same thing. This was his response: :)

WelderDan

Veteran
Cool cool, thanks!

Well, if it's anything like the one I'm running right now, you'll be a happy camper. She's chunky, covered in sugar and has beautiful pink/purple pistils outdoors. I've already hit her with pollen from a Butterscotch Hawaiian male, as well as a hitting my C99. Gonna hit another g13/BHS clone or two with some G13/BSH pollen from the freezer

Just popped a 1988 G13/HP, hopefully it's female as I have G13/HP pollen in the freezer too.

C

c-ray

in 2009 we made f2s from the best 6 or 7 butterscotch hawaiian f1 phenos in a 250 seed pop,. grew 100 of the crystal skull pheno f2s inside a couple winters ago then put the 45 fems that survived outside @ 50N to see how they would do.. being f2s of a polyhybrid there was variation of course but still it seemed like they mostly segregated into 3 terpotypes: an ultra piney type like the crystal skull mom, a strawberry type and a butterscotch type.. the crystal skull mom was pretty sativa so there were lots that flowered well but still needed time to finish proper, most did not finish but there was one that started flowering super early (plant #2), the same time as timewarp, and luck would have it that it was one of the smokeoff winners from the indoor run, so I grabbed that one and brought it inside immediately to reveg.. was super stoked considering she is actually a good yielder too, with a sativa high ta boot.. got one going outside this year and it is flowering on par with the timewarp (prob going to take more weeks to finish though and hopefully it can go until the end) so yes there is some good outdoor in there but it is a bit of work to find (for those who care to look).. next step is to go male hunting through some of the f2 phenos and find some early males that are worthy and make lots of f3s.. seems there are a few plants in there that get rootbound easy and start flowering.. plant #2 is actually hard to keep in veg for long periods of time, kinda like the timewarp, and outdoors she is already super frosty and making pink pistils from the get go with the cool nights where she sits

we have a buddy who has/had/can get swampy's g13/hp so we will attempt reacquire that in the near future and cross her with some of those f2 males since it is a proven recipe, and in theory it should be more consistent since we will be using the inbred males

pardon my rambling, this is a labour of love..

Reactions: F@t

Latest posts

Latest posts