What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it worth the risk to bring back Afghani landraces from a deployment?

four seasons

Veteran
Cool Thread.
It is my understanding most of the Afghan farmers get most of their vegetable and Cannabis seeds and other agricultural supplies at small local Co-Ops in some of the villages. Seeds are sold by the pound and can be obtained very cheaply.
Im sure once you are deployed you probably wont be too concerned about obtaining seeds.

four seasons

Veteran
Since the Karzai Govt. has outlawed the cultivation of the Poppy in most of the eastern Provinces the Cannabis plant is now flourishing again.

Good luck and mostly important be careful.

grimweeder

u could always save yourself the hassle an buy them from the real seed company, they sell traditional heirloom strains direct from the source, they have a couple from afghanistan namely mazar i shariff and shiberghan, they import their seeds from the farmers or somewhere similar at the source so are the real deal. i dunno how hard it is for them to import em probably not that difficult but i wouldnt wanna risk it when there is a collector doin it already an sellin the beans at a decent price.
as for giving them western hybrids then i doubt they would survive in their environment its a bit harsh out there an the nute requirements would be too high for the soil to cope, the farmers dont feed their plants liquid nutes an their strains have different requirements to western/dutch strains. i wouldnt want to risk cross pollination of their native strains either, the farmers let there plants go to seed usually to harvest the beans for next year round so pollination would almost certainly happen if the western beans survived.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
id say mail them back home

there could be some gems in there

keep us updated on what you do

peace

B

B. Self Reliant

I know the freebies at Seed Boutique sometime recently were the Mazar-I-S's mentioned above. Supposedly, Gypsy said that about a kilo of them were mailed to him by a British soldier who was in Afghanistan. Ilooked for the thread that this was stated in but couldn't find it. I got six of them with my AK-47 order & am very grateful. Maybe you could do that?

When I came back from Iraq, the MP's had us dump our seabags and MOLLE packs, etc, but they never stripped us down to the skin or anything like that. If you just want enough for yourself, you should be able to put a few here, a few there in your gear without any problems. Landrace strains don't have that many phenos, right? That's why they're landraces. . isolated populations with only a few variations, so only getting like 25 seeds back shouldn't be a huge problem as long as they're just for yourself.

I'd worry more about growing while under the jurisdiction of the UCMJ than trying to get 20 seeds back that are stashed in the buttstock of your M4 . . . just my two cents.

indicasyndicate

Good points. I probably won't be growing again soon. However, after I "retired" in June of 08, I gave my equipment to some of my friends and began to tutor them. Right now, they are working with my Kali Mist mom, but a little variet might be nice. Also, someday I will get back in the game.

Close, but not quite ...

Close, but not quite ...

However what may be risky is trying to bring back seeds from my upcoming deployment to where it all started for cannabis.

Actually, the current "state of the art" botanical knowledge is that cannabis first appeared in Nepal, and spread from there.

The varieties you might see will vary with where in Afghanistan you're stationed.

If you can, look for very large, and very hard, seeds.

Some "one-stalk" Indica's have seeds the size of baby pees and larger. They have a prominent "Indica Ridge" along the side and take a long time to sprout. Well worth the wait.

Great thread. I have a buddy on assignment in Afghanastan and he ships his stock to me! I recently grew out a few and HOLY ShIT are theese gonna be worth sorting through. Had a few hermies but when I'm able to do a dedacated run and search for some P1 stock. It will be on then!!!!

Don't bring em home on ya brother. It would be so fucked to see you courtmarshaled and you life fucked up over a plant......

Just my humble opinion. Definatly send as many variations as possible to keep ya working on em for life!!! AND be sure to choose someone you can 100% trust with your seeds....

I.R....

doublejj

Veteran
The plant in my avatar pic is an Afgani plucked from a field by my brother-in-law. Sent back inside a CD case. I call it Hundu Kush.

Good luck bro, be safe

peace
doublejj
P.S. I did a tour in Nam myself (9th infantry), it's where I fell in love with Mary Jane.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have a connection in the dental lab have them take an impression of your teeth. Dental models consist of two parts, the impression and the base, which they use to work on the impression.

Before pouring the base have a small plastic vial that will hold like 20 seeds.

If you get two impressions (one upper one lower) you can double it. If anyone asks they are impressions for mouth guards

hth

Just mail yourself or a friend the seeds in pens, cd cases, or any other method of choice. A couple of pens should supply you a large enough gene pool to work with (say a hundred seeds or more) Seeds themselves do not attract the dogs (if cleaned of excess plant matter), and the vast amount of mail to the U.S. from our soldiers that it should slip right by.

mail them in a small package. get a few compact disk or dvd cases, put the seeds in 1/4 inch tubing with a Q-tip at each end. hide them in the cases and send back other items like books, shirts. have some 'Ghani seeds imported by Special Forces Sgt. from Badahkastan (sp) province in NE Afghanistan ready to germinate in a few weeks. take the opportunity to get these rare genetics here.

Rastabuckeye

Hey Now,

I'm been here alot longer than you think- still spending a year in combat and afraid to carry seeds? Yea, sure don't want to mess up the military benefits. Sorry I can't support soldiers who kill & torture people. We've been there 10 years-can't win either. Find a good Afghan to carry them for you then, they carry homemade bombs and are not afraid.

M

Milhouse

There is a big difference b/t DOING HIS JOB and possibly being in deep shit for obtaining a few seeds!! Are you a moron? How can you even compare these two actions! And how is it in any way this guys fault that we had been there 10 years! I am sure if he was able to stay home with family and friends, HE WOULD!!! I am not going into anything political in this thread, not the place. You are seriously fucked in the head if you are calling a soldier who is fighting for his country a "pussy" while you are sitting behind a fucking computer!!!

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Hey Now,

I'm been here alot longer than you think- still spending a year in combat and afraid to carry seeds? Yea, sure don't want to mess up the military benefits. Sorry I can't support soldiers who kill & torture people. We've been there 10 years-can't win either. Find a good Afghan to carry them for you then, they carry homemade bombs and are not afraid.

"Hey now"

Not sure where to start, maybe the best bet is to keep your car on with the garage shut. Wait a second, can you do that with your Prius?

The guy was just asking a question about Landraces and seeds. You bring this hate talk into the discussion. Classic troll.

"hey now"
I guess I could say....pfft fuck all these dreaded hippies who smoke pot, they are all dirty and smell like Patchulli oil. Broad brush buddy.This was actually an exciting thread to read till you spewed your hatred and cowardice.

+1000 to the above poster. Here is a guy doing what he believes, and here you are throwing out insults behind a computer lol. Poor retired teacher, and I wonder why kids seem so stupid nowadays.

Im thinking you didnt " flush" your sandy vagina as much as you should have this morning.

:wave:

Rastabuckeye

All I did was make a comment. I can see the soldiers on board here. Go bomb Gaddafi, your just paid killers, hiding behind a flag. Sorry I would'nt fight for a country that won't let you have seeds. My point is still valid. Where your courage when your own legal rights are at risk? Easy to be part of a team killing people but scared to care a few seeds. What would happen at the U.S. border? Not much, they might toss them but you won't be sent to Gitmo.
Enough military personal carrying real weight every damn day. Their shipping real dope home everyday.

so, drive a prius and eat imported organic food that uses loads of gas to get here, and supporting/fueling wars...etc.

Or go to iraq, afghanistan, etc and support the same thing using different strategy.(guns, aid, whatever war is about)

WE'RE ONE: Now if I decided to go to afghanistan, Ganja would pretty much be keeping me alive. get the genetics and if you care enough by the time you come back to send them instead of just carrying them in your pocket, then that seems safe. also I would think that the absolute best finds would be wild, or heirlooms that farmers maybe keep in special places for themselves?

IF you dont get tested, eating hash can be pretty discrete too. Stay safe and connected to yourself

TripleDraw27

Veteran
What about a can of dip. Wrap the seeds up with something, and put them inside the dip can under the love that KODIAK is. I know alot of the boys love their dip in the sandbox =)

Latest posts

Latest posts