What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overgrow Family Check In Here

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many ICMag.com members are former Overgrow.com members, and many of us have changed our names since those days. In a fit of nostalgia, I wondered what names I might recognize from the old OG daze.

Overgrow.com was the start of an amazing revolution in cannabis growing knowledge, a place where we found common ground, shared techniques and insights, and learned that we were NOT alone in our deep love for the cannabis plant. What an amazing time it was!

So, if you were a proud OG member back in the day, check in here. Tell us what your name was, even if it's the same as the name you use here on ICMag.

I'll start... I was Crazy Composer on OG. I had hundreds, if not a thousand+ pictures there.

How 'bout you?

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Greetings OGers :wave:

on OG, I was known as cooked cook. LOL
I was first pointed there by my good friend j.puffin back in probably 02'. Really learned a LOT about growing, started my first "real grow", Although I tried for years, THIS one worked GREAT and left m,e with a QP of killer Afghani nugs.
At OG I hung out in the WnB thread with cool folks like outkastt.
When ICmag first started up, I saw Gypsy and BOG mention it. When Crazy Composer and Billygoat came over here (2 growers who always seemed cool and knowledgable at OG), I knew I had to follow.
and now here I am.
cooked cook- the OTHER cc

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hehe, hey guys. :)

(the other) CC... Hey! hehehe The OG days were sure interesting times, weren't they? Good thing IC was established before it went down. We would have been awful heartbroken without a place to share.

L

Lune TNS

I never posted on OG but I lurked a whole bunch. That was way before I started growing, back then it was just wishful thinking and learning... If I remember right my first grow wasn't until late '06. Im damn glad I found OG though... odds are if I hadn't I'd never have gotten into this hobby :joint:

IC is just as good if not better than OG in my opinion... all it needs is a grow faq and formal strain base of it's own...

edit: Just thinking about the "how many 5 year olds you can take in a fight" thread makes me laugh... lots of gems on that site.

Last edited:

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
was, am, and always will be, billy_big_bud only now i have to have a ! at the end of my name cause someone scooped it before me. dont believe a word he says. i am the real billy_big_bud go ahead ask me something only billy would know............imagine if tick showed up? i would shit myself!

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
^^^^LMFAO @ lune that was a hilarious thread. remember og back when you could still post nudity? i loved posting pix of hot chicks and nice plants..... ah OG it made me the grower that i am not today, but will be tomorrow, next week at the latest ;)

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
checking in.

i had been growing indoors 5-6 yrs when l found fungus gnats and moved to ak. then by luck OG. great bunch of ppl helped me learn about BTi and other new goodies. i had found OG maybe 4-5 months before the shutdown. i went to sign in and nada.

took couple yrs and 3 sites to find, get banned, go elsewhere, then come back here more computer literate and w/a different out look to try to speak w/o offending and to listen w/o defending. (im stuburn, so...)

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Same here I probubly never would have started growing if it were not for OG.

Same name over here also.

Stay safe and high.
..........HYDRO........

B4O2N0G

I was there too under this same name from the beginning of 05 to the end so exactly a year of great information that I will never forget.It sucked when it went down and everyone freaked out and we didnt have a clue what happened until we had some pretty good investigators find out exactly what happened.Im pretty sure Pom is the one we all have to blame for overgrow going gown.That dude RC had gold bricks..and im sure he lost alot of money and seeds and ofcourse our beloved site.It sucks but im really glad icmag was here for us.Peace

Last edited:

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
thanks for starting this thread CC i really miss og alot. it was an amazing place especially before things started getting out of control and had to employ heavy handed mods to keep infractions down. i feel kinda weird talking about it here. its kinda akward you know, like talking to your new girlfriend about your old girlfriend and she gives you that look. none the less i loved og and without it i would still be wondering what it would be like to pull off my first grow. BOG and tick were definatly my biggest influences. tick was the cabinet king.

G. Sensi

Wish I had been around back then CC... I deeply feel that I missed out on somethin real special......

For us that will never know, is it possible for us to get IC up to OG's level? I think its great as it is but I'd just like to know whats missing..... (Only if its alright to ask)

-G

Last edited:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started on OG back in 2000. At that time the site was still pretty cozy and fairly small. BOG was the big celebrity there then. I loved his style of posting where he shared his buds with us by showing pics of him rolling, pics of his burning joints, and piles of kif. That style of posting was as close as you could get to inviting the community to share a smoke.

As far as feeling wierd about talking about OG on this site, I bet even Gypsy wouldn't mind. He appreciates what OG did for the weed world. Toward the end of OG, it had become too big for it's own britches in certain ways. There were a TON of people who didn't share the same peaceful mind set of the early years. It was becoming the MTv of weed sites. ICMag provided a fresh start for those of us who wanted that old-time Overgrow camaraderie. The stern posting rules and attention to order (by Mods and Admin) here at ICMag have saved it (IMO) from becoming crowded with too many douchebag trolls.

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Yup, 3-4 years on OG, same name. 700 + some posts, 7-8 dots of +K, 78% cult. related. A couple successful grows were posted up there. I wonder if anyone remembers my backyard boat greenhouse grow under the clear/translucent tarp?

Still have the tarp, the old boat is long gone. Alas, the pics went extinct along with OG. I'll switch back to the avvy I used there for a week or so - just for the halibut... :rasta:

Edit: Darn, I don't have it anymore...thought I did...

Edit2: still have this tho... :rasta:

Peace

Last edited:

ograskal

Veteran
Hey wassup CC!!...Nice thread.....You ever here from Tokahontas???..Wonder what happened to her??..Hope SHe's doin Well......

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G. Sensi said:
Wish I had been around back then CC... I deeply feel that I missed out on somethin real special......

For us that will never know, is it possible for us to get IC up to OG's level? I think its great as it is but I'd just like to know whats missing..... (Only if its alright to ask)

-G

Well, I think the magic of OG was that it confirmed that we were not alone. When I started growing, I felt like I was a rarity, that there weren't too many people doing this, and that was a feeling of being alone. When it became apparent that not only were others doing what I was doing, but there were LOTS of people doing it, it was sort of liberating. On top of that, after getting to know the other growers, you learn that these folks generally have a great sense of karma, right and wrong, these people were mostly really good people.

Then came the elite strains. In the beginning most of us only knew about strains like Northern Lights, Skunk, Afghani, etc. The community was growing and sharing the results of their grows, eventually elite plants were surfacing and -most importantly- being collected. Then the community started sharing clones of these plants all across the globe.

In the span of just a few years, we had ensured the continuation of the marijuana community for ages to come. Friendships were made that will last lifetimes, networks of gardens were established which made it possible to compare notes, judge strains, and create new ones.

ICMag continues in this tradition, but the excitement of being there at the start of the revolution was priceless.

G. Sensi

Thanks alot CC (Hope everything is Blessed with the fam)

I can definately appreciate that sentiment... I have the upmost of respect for this community and hope what ever happend over ther never happens here...

Much Respect to you guys and the late grate OG

-G

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
i used to be on OG as weed2k3 dunno if anyone remembers me I knew a lotta ppl from over there but b4o2ng and ograskal (also someone mentioned toka) are the only ones I can remember from those hazey days (i will say when OG was around I was in a better part of my life, but im getting back to that point as we speak) 1999-2003 were the good days for me then locked up from 03-05 now im just getting things back to the way they were back in 99- never thought i would say i missed the "good ol 90's" even the first decade of the 00's is coming to an end, so I gotta make my memorable moments last!

I just googled my old name and all my old Strain Reports are still there minus the pictures for my WW and NL!!!!!!!!!!! those were the days, I still have some of the pictures from my "og" grow in my gallery .From the same strain guide report!

Edit: just found my old OG avatar. Ahh the good ol days....:)

has anyone seen UBChemo?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts