What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is everyone doing for these jars of crystals

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this crystal stuff what they call 'isolate'?

They are selling the shit on eBay. LMAO CBD, of course but, holy cow. LMAO

Oh, and just so I can keep with the trend of the thread..... um, if you don't believe exactly what I believe I hate you with the passion of satan and I think you should be dead. OK, that should keep my post in tune with the current thread. LMAO

not really
this "Crystal stuff" is thc-a (non activated acid form)
the isolate selling on EBAY is CBD isolate and is made via a different process, altho i suppose that it could work with CBD similarly.... anyone tried this proces with high CBD plant matter? i have some laying around and may have to try it out.

not really
this "Crystal stuff" is thc-a (non activated acid form)
the isolate selling on EBAY is CBD isolate and is made via a different process, altho i suppose that it could work with CBD similarly.... anyone tried this proces with high CBD plant matter? i have some laying around and may have to try it out.

CBD is much easier to crystallize because it can be done after decarb. If you distill high CBD material, you can crystallize CBD and leave the THC and undesirables in the mother liquor. It will crystallize readily if the extract is in a concentration above 50%CBD.

OregrownGreen

CBD is much easier to crystallize because it can be done after decarb. If you distill high CBD material, you can crystallize CBD and leave the THC and undesirables in the mother liquor. It will crystallize readily if the extract is in a concentration above 50%CBD.
Is super saturation also needed for CBD crystallization or is CBD crystaline in its natural form? Temps and pressures? I also have a large backstock of preserved fresh frozen HTS and ACDC I might play around and see how easily nonactivated CBD crystlizes under super satured low temp high pressure.

gumby420

That a racist comment?

Seriously. When you are cookinqg up concentrates that look more like a hard drug than the simple plant it was. Have fun smoking your crystal. Ya gonna put it in the glass dick?

ill gladly smoke my crystals that taste EXACTLY how the plant smells, has zero undesirables in it, and is potent enough to where I only need a tiny bit to feel medicated for much longer than flowers. And I can put it in a functional art piece and smoke it. You can always use a glass dick if you want to though

JVonChron

hahah kinda off topic but trying to get ahead of the argument i see unfolding...i got buddies all over the map that need to just measure their dicks already and call it a day. "solventless rosin is better" "butane derived is better" "my crystals are bigger" "people pay me more for mine" "bubble hash is better and cleaner" blah blah blah blah blah. if all these cats filling up the tiniest mason jars to make crystals knew how big the big boys are going they would shut the F&(* up. Not being a hater, i love me some dabs, but i know some big dogs thats gonna run them minoes out of business here soon. just a matter of time.

gumby420

hahah kinda off topic but trying to get ahead of the argument i see unfolding...i got buddies all over the map that need to just measure their dicks already and call it a day. "solventless rosin is better" "butane derived is better" "my crystals are bigger" "people pay me more for mine" "bubble hash is better and cleaner" blah blah blah blah blah. if all these cats filling up the tiniest mason jars to make crystals knew how big the big boys are going they would shut the F&(* up. Not being a hater, i love me some dabs, but i know some big dogs thats gonna run them minoes out of business here soon. just a matter of time.

for sure agreed, theres a few guys already on commercial levels. but you should have seen the cannabis business expo a few months back in Vegas. they had multiple guys claiming you could run 5000lb in their machine that had previously been used to run lavender for essential oils, or was a bunch of parts from a distillery thrown together to look like a giant extractor. a lot of the new guys coming in, in theory have the right commercial extraction machines but they aren't really practical for what were doing. granted I'm sure in a few years with some minor tweaks they will be ready.

JVonChron

the folks i am talking about aren't going for 1 or 2 or 3 XL machines. they just invested 9 figures in a buildout with like 30 ish medium/large sized machines. the way my buddy explained it to me was..."i am able to do X amount per week(which is a shitload by any normal standard) and these cats just did a build out capable of doing 30x what I can do in a week"

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
If someone wants to spend hundreds of millions of OPM (Other People's Money) in the current environment of illegality, falling prices and tech that evolves monthly, I am sure nothing bad could happen... It is a silicone valley wet dream to create billion dollar empires. For every Jungle Boys that are slaying it (using their own flowers in a vertical process they control), there are many other large ops that can't even produce clean flowers free of PM and mold. Running 5k pounds a day would require buying the lowest quality material from third parties who used god knows what to grow it.

I think that wine-making has some similarities in that the quality of grapes (flowers) has a big impact on the quality of finished product. There are some companies (usually with screw tops and not corks) that sell very large quantities at the lowest prices, but most people, other than kids, homeless and alcoholics, usually gravitate to the middle of the road, which produce both good quality and volume, but use their own vineyards. There are the ridiculously priced high end bottles, but the market share is very low, and every thing in between price wise. Long story short is that when dealing with a delicate product that has so many variables (in products that can made) and variance (phenotype, cannabinoid and terpene expressions), just having a bunch of big fucking giant machines that run 24/7 does not mean shit. I would love to be at the board meeting where the poor operation manager has to tell the directors how they fucked the process and ruined a 50,000 pound batch...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how are peeps purging these jars of crystals?
I have no problem getting them to crystal up and separate but THEN WHAT? like to get out all butane....
i know peeps are separating the terp layer off somehow and re-adding it to crystals from other extractions.... any suggestions on how to remove terp layer?

gumby420

how are peeps purging these jars of crystals?
I have no problem getting them to crystal up and separate but THEN WHAT? like to get out all butane....
i know peeps are separating the terp layer off somehow and re-adding it to crystals from other extractions.... any suggestions on how to remove terp layer?

my terp fraction is usually super liquidy and most will just pour off, then ill put the jar on its side to get the last of it out that may be stuck under the crystals. I've tried purging them separately and tried purging together. I think purging both the terps and crystals together has worked the best for me. its crazy how quick the viscosity changes as soon as its put under vacuum. the terp layer will go from the viscosity of water to honey in like 5 minutes. I was told to purge 24 hours with no heat. I've been purging at 80* for a few hours at most

gumby420

the folks i am talking about aren't going for 1 or 2 or 3 XL machines. they just invested 9 figures in a buildout with like 30 ish medium/large sized machines. the way my buddy explained it to me was..."i am able to do X amount per week(which is a shitload by any normal standard) and these cats just did a build out capable of doing 30x what I can do in a week"

that doesn't sound like anything anyone else couldn't do with the capital. just a bunch of machines which would require a bunch of operators. I'm waiting to see one machine that can run 2500lbs at once or something crazy exactly like in the pharmaceutical industry.

JVonChron

ya for sure. I never said I was rootin' for em. I hope they fall on their faces hahaha. just putting some perspective to all the "extract artists" who seem to be in a perpetual dick measuring contest over something that anyone/everyone can figure out how to do.

gumby420

ya for sure. I never said I was rootin' for em. I hope they fall on their faces hahaha. just putting some perspective to all the "extract artists" who seem to be in a perpetual dick measuring contest over something that anyone/everyone can figure out how to do.

gotcha, I thought you were saying that they had some new machinery that would run crazy amounts at once or something. haha but ya....check out this diamond....its so much bigger than yours... ya that shit needs to stop, who cares how big the diamonds are, they need to be pulverized anyways to get out all the residual solvent. its a bummer trends and hype basically feeds this industry as of now

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gotcha, I thought you were saying that they had some new machinery that would run crazy amounts at once or something. haha but ya....check out this diamond....its so much bigger than yours... ya that shit needs to stop, who cares how big the diamonds are, they need to be pulverized anyways to get out all the residual solvent. its a bummer trends and hype basically feeds this industry as of now

'Residual solvent' claims are mostly BS (hype) based on faulty science.

Here's my suggestion for common sense fact based residual solvent standards,

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8173015&postcount=17

Link to the rest of the thread where I presented the evidence, and crunched the numbers,

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348869&page=2

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
It pretty much comes down to maintaining pressure, low temperatures and a lot of patience. gotta have took notch material too. The sauce is just toooo good.

Lyfespan

so i keep seeing one person on IG posting up sifted hash being made into crystals. i get the overall principals but the questions are still there

1.sift
2.static clean sift
3.jar it with lid on but not tight
4. place in toaster oven on lowest setting

now for the questions,
1. do you screw lid down as terps are atomizing? or after everything has settled?
2. has anyone tried accelerating the crash with faster cooling?
3. would decarbed materials give you a different outcome completely?