What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica x KaliChina Fem - 2017 Test - under LEDS

Koondense

Veteran
Welcome to my new adventure with Ace seeds.
This time I have a test seed of Zamaldelica x KaliChina, a hybrid with promising traits.
Like previous ones, this grow will take place in a relatively small tent(120x60) under Cree CXB3590 leds with max power of 300W, however the lights get dimmed daily so on average they are set on 250W.
The plant is still very young, in early vegetative growth, she had a slower start because of low temperatures but is now recovering the pace and exhibiting a very healthy growth.
She was started in light mix with a bit of mycorhizza, 1,5l pot and recieved her first light feed yesterday, later she will get some bacto before transplant.
I'm still deciding on the final pot size, usually I go for 18l but maybe 11l will be enough. Who knows, time will tell.

So here she is:

picture.php

Currently under a 25W 6500K cfl light, at transplant she will go under 150W CXBs with mixed spectrum(6400K + 3000K) and for flowering under the 250W 3000K CXB leds.

Don't expect much updates at this point but I promise she won't take too long to say hello again ;)

Cheers

deepwaterdude

Ooooh, it's on! She looks very healthy, no luck needed so I won't wish you any. Can't wait to see her again!

**all of mine with room to spread their roots are getting lanky;) Might be worth it to go bigger pot.

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks Claude, she's doing it mostly by itself, I just watch and add some things here and then...

DWD, I think the bigger pot is the proper pot :) I want this lady to feel no restrictions.
She's a bit bigger and really lovely, somehow she reminded me of the KC male I ditched last year, a loss indeed. I promise next time you see her she will look better ;)

Levitation, do it man, a micro veg chamber is a life saver and a great way to start plants and keep clones. Mine is around 30x40x55cm with a single 25W cfl inside. Could be two with more plants but for now it's enough.

If all goes as planned I'll get a clone for outdoors.
The season is slowly starting.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Koondense, I will be pulling up a chair for this one too. I have a pack of these also. I'm trying to figure out what I want in the garden this year. I'm looking at trying a couple longer flowering strains at the same time. How many weeks of vegetation are you going to do? Showing pre flower or a little longer? Thanks Peace

Koondense

Veteran
Hey farmerlion, i'll bring some popcorn :)
I have in plan to let her veg for at least one more week in this pot, then transplant in final pot and 3 more weeks of veg.
I'll also lst her and maybe top, same as with most my indoor beauties.
There will be an update later this week.

Cheers

ULMW

Koondense, Lovely combo and off to a pleasing start. Wishing you all the very best. Will be popping in to see the progress as time goes by. Am just about to order some Ace Seeds for this years program. Zamaledica is on the top of the pile along with all the rest naturally!!!
Happy growing

Koondense

Veteran
First update!

Sorry it took so long but she is now transplanted in a 18l pot with my custom mix of organic nutrients :)

Hopefully she will like it, and she will have another week of veg then I'll flip the switch to 12/12 straight(no gradual reduction), and later on 11,5/12,5.

picture.php

I was thinking of naming her "Corona" :)

Cheers

G

Hola Koon!I can't believe I've missed your thread!:eek::
Taking a seat!
Corona is looking great!I'm sure you'll Ace this one,too!
Good luck my friend :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense,

Thanks for starting a new diary and for helping us to test the new Zamaldelica x Kali China hybrid! :huggg:
Syd Barret is already flowering it and anticipating good things!

It will be a pleasure to see its development under your good cares.

Koondense

Veteran
Corona is slow to react to lightning schedule change, took a week and half just to show the first hairs. Yet the pace is increasing so I expect her to be a medium/quick flowerer, or I shall say I hope she is quick :)
She's on 11/13 now and will stay until the end of flowering.

Almost zero smell from the forming flowers, the leaf material can be quite pungent when mulched.

picture.php

Expect some more frequent updates when flowering kicks in properly.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Hello everyone,
another small update, beautiful early flowering tops on this plant look very elegant and strong, seems my prediction of her fast flowering pace is on spot(still hope so:).

Lovely Coronita

picture.php

No smell still, resin production just started and I really like how the tops look. I'll try to clone and reveg her, and put her outdoors if there will be a chance.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
This plant is very resinous, lots of sugar leaves with already milky-ish looking trichomes.
A bit unexpected but I'll take it :)
Smell is rounding up already, not so lime, more soft sweet gum with fruits and roses.
A delicate smelling plant, she's growing with zero odor control, it all stays within the resin.

Tops
picture.php

Sugar leaf detail
picture.php

Cheers