What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OVERGROW THE JUNGLE!!!! 2016

Blue Dream
picture.php

Yeti again
picture.php

picture.php

Another Yeti
picture.php

(I think) FAK
picture.php

B

BAKED_BEANZ

dam shame , some the yeti looking alright . hows that dirty cat on the cookies pic on the previous page . they went to town alright

TOUGH CALL

TOUGH CALL

Thick fog.
picture.php

picture.php

Well fuck.

Not looking good... :comfort:

Drying outdoors in this weather weed that already has mold on it seems like a no no. Really difficult decision, but I will pull a lot of plants today. I will sun dry entire plants :petting:

FUCK.

Relapsed to smoking cigs for now.

And god said: let there be hash.

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

Advice is very welcome, I'd love to hear from people who've dealt with a similar situation.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
take 4-5 tops from each plant and trim them tight and see how bad they are with the bugs and rot.

maybe you decide plant by plant and mark them. you had pics of bad damage but I'll bet many of the plants are different.

maybe you try to leave good ones up a few more days or weeks. I jumped the gun on the mold with mine.
looks like a long time trimming that field so why not get started?

if you are going to sun dry you should try to make some gold bud and cinch down the stem at the base with wire to kill it and let it dry in the sun. charge more for it.:biggrin:

good luck with your harvest!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The cats will also bore into the stems and work their way up to the tops and deswtroy your ladies. Its the caterpillar shit that cauzes the budrot and mold. Take a razorblade and slit the stem from the hole with shit coming outa it, to when the caterpillar comes out and then ducktape the slit hole back together.

Use this 2x.... Once - a week before stretch. And once at the beginning of flower.
picture.php

Use these products in veg.
picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
This is what I had going ~
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

In Massachusetts.....the cats are so bad! If you dont protect the ladies from them, the moths will drop their eggs all over your girls. When the hatch, and are tiny, if they take a nibble off the stem, they will die in 3 days after ingesting the poison.
This stuff is really good at protecting your investment.

Yeah man, it's a fucking invasion, all over, in the buds, in the stems, it's devastating. I am freezing everything and hashing it, can't deal with worms in every other bud, fuck that, now that I exposed so many buds, it's just terrible..... It makes me sick that I have to do it. And not to mention the mold. All that with such weather would be suicide. RIP awesome purpleicious ladies, they are so beautiful.

I managed to deleaf 1/4 so far (they're still in the ground), going back there after dinner... It smells sooo strong in the area after the butcher job... and Sunday = hunt day... I will carry some of it back home to freeze in case of hunters smell the funk and find the spot...

I am trying to remain positive. I'll make some great hash!

Lesson learned. Prevention is key. Fuck caterpillars, moths, butterflies. And shitty chinese drip lines.

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

Yeah man, it's a fucking invasion, all over, in the buds, in the stems, it's devastating. I am freezing everything and hashing it, can't deal with worms in every other bud, fuck that. Not to mention the mold. All that with such weather would be suicide. RIP awesome purpleicious ladies.

I managed to deleaf 1/4 so far, going back there after dinner... It smells sooo strong in the area after the butcher job... and Sunday = hunt day... I will carry some of it back home to freeze.

Sounds like a good plan.
Really a shame at this stage to deal with the shitty weather and cats.
Remember for next year a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured. Spray early next year and try and prevent those caterpillars from taking hold.

Peace GG

The forecast has changed a bit. I am tempted to select bud to dry... Let's see if there's fog tomorrow and if the forecast will be the same... Will go with the flow.

picture.php

baduy

The cats will also bore into the stems and work their way up to the tops and deswtroy your ladies. Its the caterpillar shit that cauzes the budrot and mold. Take a razorblade and slit the stem from the hole with shit coming outa it, to when the caterpillar comes out and then ducktape the slit hole back together.

Use this 2x.... Once - a week before stretch. And once at the beginning of flower.
View Image

Use these products in veg.
View Image
Is it too late now to spray bacillus thurigiensis on flowers?
I've spent hours yesterday killing those cats one by one and today I still found some new brown buds and cat shit inside.
After a very warm winter I expected pest problems but this year is a bit beyond what I expected.

I spent days doing that, they keep on popping. Also inevitably you miss some of them and they keep on chewing on your money, shitting and growing. Open up random buds and check if you got any hiding in there, cause if that's the case it's an endless battle. Inspect for hardly noticeable discoloration. On some plants I've got 5 or more per branch still waiting to hatch, after my ladies got soaked in the fog it's became easier to notice them.

Strudel

Russet mites can do something like that...but to very young plants i don ' t know ...but i read that before you notice they are leaving in your plant the new grow can twist and looks like that..even before they start attacking the leafs showing their presence...

Vesnican

Salut PJ! Congrats on great grow! Those bloody cats attacked my plants on 50 lat central Europe as well. I fought them by search and kill method, but I had just 2 plants, not a plantation like you :biggrin:

I am curious if you have applied any above suggested spraying and if yes, how did it work?

Quick update no pics

Quick update no pics

I harvested all FAK's and Cookies and froze them. I have found recent footsteps not far from the spot where the funk was quite serious. This was right before I harvested and FAK was the funkiest out of my entire bunch. Since then it's much better.

Yesterday I also harvested all GDP's and a few other plants. I hung entire plants, some under a tarp and some in the open. When I decided to do that, the weather was supposed cloudy and windy, 17-19 degrees C for the next 5 days. Today it rained lightly but from tomorrow on it should be OK, partially sunny and still windy by the end of the week.
I hope it will work out well :)

I bought other tarps too, but it turned out that they're rather unique and it could be easily traced where they were purchased, so I ended up not using them since the footprints around...

I've been going there pretty much everyday between 6 and 8 AM, trimming leaves, cleaning mold and killing caterpillars. Esp during the weekends I go there when it's still dark outside as sometimes there's a few hunters in the area at a time, so I am usually chilling on a high tree by the spot and reading a book... to keep an eye on things...

I have camouflaged and closed all entrences to the spot and covered tracks with fallen leaves.
I have been going there ninja style, taking an hour at time, leaving as little impact on the environment as possible. I had to re-open my oldest track when I pulled the FAK's.

The Blue Dreams that make up 1/3 of the grow (but some of them are tiny) are looking most promising so far as they haven't been hit by the borer and the caterpillars are much less. They smell AMAZING, just like a papaya shampoo I have :biggrin: I plan to harvest them next week.

I am trying to get rid of the frozen plants quickly and today I tried alcohol extraction - here's a link to the thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333552. The results are not so promising. I am trying to figure out a better way to exact in the woods with no electricity. Ice hash might give best results with fresh plants ? but they don't sell bulk ice where I am at. Soo... it's an interesting situation overall :)

_

@Vesnican, I ended up not spraying. They didn't have spinosad, so I had to buy whatever was available, but I read bad reviews about that product online, so I gave up, too late anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts