What's new

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

Yamaha FG-840

I was just taking a hot shower after pulling a muscle and realized I was responding to the naked racism with disdain rather than see through to what you said about optima coming during Ice Ages.

Named optima do in fact occur during interglacials of ice ages as you said.

But they are in fact named optima because for the time being

life can't be any better for diversity on Earth.

There are no such things as cold optima,

There are ONLY warm optima.

Trying to escape that by pointing out they're named that when the ice recedes doesn't help the case that more and more energy comes out of a rock when less and less is allowed to go in,

by the cooling GHGs, as they create, along with Ozone and Oxygen, some dust & aerosols, that 29% cooling that is the

very

first

step

of calculation of planet surface temperature.

If we can keep the shameless race hate to a minimum I'd personally appreciate it.

Yamaha FG-840

You brought up religion when you mentioned hating people because they're brown.

Prove it. Any sources?
And why do you keep bringing up religion? I don't think you know anything about God or his works.

I'm unaware of your estimation of my grasp of the angry sky daddy having anything to do with the truth of your claims.

I see you're still desperately grabbing for straws about the names of Optima.

You can keep it up all night and all day tomorrow but the fact is there are no cold optima and the PRIMARY FUNCTION DRIVING an optima is WARMTH and LOW ICE.

therevverend

Veteran
'What does time being life for better diversity on earth' mean? Do you have evidence you can show me that there was more diversity of life on earth during a global optimum then during a glacial maximum? Please cite a research paper.

This is science it is not a church or religion. Religion is faith based. It cannot be proven. Science is based on research. There is no 'Church of More Energy' or whatever. So if scientists are saying that life's peak diversity was during the last global optimum you must have a research paper or two you can show me. Otherwise you are full of shit.

Yamaha FG-840

I do understand the desperate urgency in stopping people from remarking on your church's claims that magical insulation makes more and more come back out of a rock,

every time it makes less go in.

When an organization teaches sound scientific principles that's one thing. When they tell you to deny the most foundational law of science - that it's impossible for less energy into something to make more come out by virtue of making the less go in - that's a church.

Of science denying believers in magic making the laws of physics no longer be in effect.

The laws of physics are indeed in effect which is why the properly calculated Surface temperature involves reducing the final calculated temperature due to

cooling by the Atmosphere,

Nearly all that cooling taking place because of the cold, light blocking refrigerants

named the Green House Gases.

therevverend

Veteran
F.O.S.H.

I need to behave myself. I erased what I was starting to write and decided to tell a story.

One time I was in the city jail. My bunk buddy was a black guy, in his 50s. If you want to hang out with someone who talks a lot of shit, hang out with an older black dude who's lived on or near the streets his whole life. And I talk my share of shit too. They say hell boils with laughter. I know a few days in the drunk tank with the wife beaters and crack heads goes a lot faster that way. We'd sit around all day talking shit about everything and everyone we looked at.

There was this guy, he was slow. I mean he was hit in the head with a blunt object or something. He got confused a couple times took shit that didn't belong to him. The black guy would look over and the guy would have his towel. Or he'd be wearing his socks. You don't do that shit in jail, you get your ass kicked. My friend got hot and yelled at him but he couldn't get that mad because the guy was fucked up.

So it got to be cheap low quality entertainment to watch what the screwball was doing and laugh and talk shit. We weren't picking on the guy or bullying, he wasn't aware of it. But it was amusing to see his confusion.

But you're never alone in jail. Another guy saw us laughing at him and got pissed off. 'My brother was like that and what you're doing's not cool.'

At the moment I felt a little teeny tiny twinge of shame in between my idiotic giggles because he was right. What we were doing was harmless in a way but it was demeaning to all of us because we're all human. I think about that from time to time and now is a good time for me to think about it before I help this thread sink to new lows.

My friend and I stopped laughing for about 30 seconds. Then this big fat Mexican guy on the other side of the cell held up his enormous pair of underwear with the most hellacious refried bean skid mark you've ever seen. He stood there looking at it for a couple seconds. Then he leaned forward and sniffed...

Yamaha FG-840

The fact every time some ice melts we find grasslands, forests, life abundant is proof the men who named Optima did it for a reason and you're not gonna do one thing to make that go back.

'What does time being life for better diversity on earth' mean? Do you have evidence you can show me that there was more diversity of life on earth during a global optimum then during a glacial maximum? Please cite a research paper.

This is science it is not a church or religion. Religion is faith based. It cannot be proven. Science is based on research. There is no 'Church of More Energy' or whatever. So if scientists are saying that life's peak diversity was during the last global optimum you must have a research paper or two you can show me. Otherwise you are full of shit.

As far as your faith that more light comes out of a rock every time magic insulation makes less go in, that's all over the websites that have you so confused.

Go check their websites. They clearly tell you the very gases making nearly all that 29% energy not go into the planet, are making more than 100% come out.

You're just too scared to face it so you're trying to act angry; invoke racism as a reason to believe in your teachings; and claim the men and women who spent more than 100 years naming Optima didn't know why they did it. That it wasn't really optimum conditions for life as the ice receded.

Now you're so doubled down on science denial you're trying to Jedi mind trick everyone into believing life is more abundant in ice pack

than in the warm grasslands that existed under the ice.

giving those periods the name ''Optima.''

Nobody owes you another paper as to why Optima are named that,

it's YOUR job to write a paper proving your science denial.

Science says those were Optima, and that they were optimum for life, and here you are denying it.

You don't need to write a paper for you to be right, just show us ice, abundantly supporting life,

melting away and the underlying area not have any life because warm optima are mis-named.

This isn't confusing nor is it complicated.

You say Warm Optima aren't named due to abundance and diversity of life.

Just indicate it to me.

And yes, you do believe less and less light into a rock make more and more come out, it's the story of GHG warming.

When there were no GHGs the atmosphere was basically transparent to sunlight and the full 100% of available sunlight warmed the planet.

With rising GHGs less and less sunlight reaches the planet and warms it as shown you in all scientific charts depicting sunlight top of atmosphere vs the surface.

The temperature of the surface is about 30% colder because of mainly, the GHGs.

Full stop, no negotiation about that. Everyone knows this is true.

Only about 51% of total available warming firelight spectra from the sun actually warm the surface of the planet.

30% of the energy that doesn't arrive - at ALL - is directly a function of the cooling done by the Atmosphere and the vast majority of THAT is done by the GHGs.

It's why all those charts that your handlers couldn't alter, show clearly the GHGs as being vastly predominate in that cooling.

Your church's websites all say clearly that the Earth is warmer due to the GHGs than if it received 100% of total available energy from the Sun, to the point it's 33 degrees warmer

than if there were no light blocking Atmosphere.

You can't deny this, you're not gonna deny it because it's the core of your beliefs about the magical gassiness that makes more and more light come out of things, if it's what makes less and less go in.

Somewhere between the appeal to racist hate, religious intolerance and the claim glaciated territory supports more life than the grasslands and temperature forests uncovered every time they recede, you're losing ground.

Yamaha FG-840

You do need to stop the racism and religious intolerance, whatever your purpose repeatedly invoking it.

Even the story below has zero relationship to anything pertinent and I don't know what's got you trying to explain your racism to me, using it.

F.O.S.H.

I need to behave myself. I erased what I was starting to write and decided to tell a story.

One time I was in the city jail. My bunk buddy was a black guy, in his 50s. If you want to hang out with someone who talks a lot of shit, hang out with an older black dude who's lived on or near the streets his whole life. And I talk my share of shit too. They say hell boils with laughter. I know a few days in the drunk tank with the wife beaters and crack heads goes a lot faster that way. We'd sit around all day talking shit about everything and everyone we looked at.

There was this guy, he was slow. I mean he was hit in the head with a blunt object or something. He got confused a couple times took shit that didn't belong to him. The black guy would look over and the guy would have his towel. Or he'd be wearing his socks. You don't do that shit in jail, you get your ass kicked. My friend got hot and yelled at him but he couldn't get that mad because the guy was fucked up.

So it got to be cheap low quality entertainment to watch what the screwball was doing and laugh and talk shit. We weren't picking on the guy or bullying, he wasn't aware of it. But it was amusing to see his confusion.

But you're never alone in jail. Another guy saw us laughing at him and got pissed off. 'My brother was like that and what you're doing's not cool.'

At the moment I felt a little teeny tiny twinge of shame in between my idiotic giggles because he was right. What we were doing was harmless in a way but it was demeaning to all of us because we're all human. I think about that from time to time and now is a good time for me to think about it before I help this thread sink to new lows.

My friend and I stopped laughing for about 30 seconds. Then this big fat Mexican guy on the other side of the cell held up his enormous pair of underwear with the most hellacious refried bean skid mark you've ever seen. He stood there looking at it for a couple seconds. Then he leaned forward and sniffed...

On the other hand I understand it beats bringing up the fact your church teaches you that magical insulation makes more and more light leak out of a rock every time it makes less and less leak in.

Yamaha FG-840

Let's just get away from your fixation on racial hate and religious intolerance. Try to talk about the scientific reality of what you claim.

You believe more and more GHGs in the atmosphere
make more and more energy warm the planet
they make less and less energy reach and warm.

This is the c o r e of your belief system is it not?

Don't be coy, don't tell me another story about the time you laughed at people of color for being victims of crime.

Just assert that you believe the GHGs warm the planet they help make 29% less energy reach and warm.

We'll work through your belief a magical gaissiness makes more and more light leak out of a rock it makes less and less light ever reach and leak into.

Conversely you have the choice of admitting that you understand 29% less energy into a rock

MUST mean - no negotiation - 29% less OUT.

When you admit the scientific truth that 20-something percent less light in MUST mean
that identical percent less,
coming back out,

you'll no longer be in, and proselyting for, a church telling you less energy in makes more energy come back out,
if a magical gassiness, makes it never go in.

The instant you admit you think 29% less energy in means anything BUT 29% less out - is the instant you're back in "Who needs reality based thought processes,
I've got a belief system
and don't need scientific and mathematical law in my life,'' country.

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
Don't be coy, don't tell me another story about the time you laughed at people of color for being victims of crime.

Well, I was going to be nice and end it where I did but you keep babbling on and on about racism. If you had understood my story you would realize that it was not about laughing at people of color. It was about laughing at a mentally disabled person, who represented you. And how even though I was making fun of you and calling you a dim wit you had no idea that is what I was doing. So it was okay for us to laugh at you, but we should feel a little guilty.

Earlier I was not making fun of Islam or Indians I was making fun of you and implying that you are a narrow minded bigot with very very white skin because you never leave your basement. This all went over your head because you lack the mental capacity for humor, sarcasm, metaphor, and rhetoric.

So all along I was really making fun of you and calling you an idiot. But you had no idea because you're completely lost in your world of stupid ideas.

What is ironic is that you suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect. This is a cognitive bias in which people, often cranks, of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. You believe that you have some special insight that makes you the only one to see the truth. The people that don't understand your nonsense are all dumber then you. When in fact it is nonsense and you are the one who has unscientific faith based beliefs fit for a dumb person.

One thing interesting about the Dunning-Kruger effect. It tends to affect white males. Women tend to believe the opposite about themselves, underrate their own intelligence. As do the Japanese, they also underrate their own intelligence.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
rev, play the ball and not the person.

Although you may have reached a level of tolerance that is not tolerant.

Although you may consider you're opponent in the debate lacking in certain areas, it doesn't mean that you have to turn the whole thing into some creative (that's debatable) slanging match.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Just put it on ignore rev. It'll bait the next person.

A script kiddie glued together a chat bot and telling himself it's AI. It can post and quote, but can't answer. Every once in a while it looks for a question mark at the end of a string, copies the subject, and inserts it in: "Your church teaches you about <insert_subject> and ....."

There's no one there to read your post.

Yamaha FG-840

Of course. When you went on a race-baiting, religious bigotry tear, it didn't have anything to do with you, the person who did it.

It had to do with someone else.

Well, I was going to be nice and end it where I did but you keep babbling on and on about racism. If you had understood my story you would realize that it was not about laughing at people of color. It was about laughing at a mentally disabled person, who represented you. And how even though I was making fun of you and calling you a dim wit you had no idea that is what I was doing. So it was okay for us to laugh at you, but we should feel a little guilty.

Earlier I was not making fun of Islam or Indians I was making fun of you and implying that you are a narrow minded bigot with very very white skin because you never leave your basement. This all went over your head because you lack the mental capacity for humor, sarcasm, metaphor, and rhetoric.

So all along I was really making fun of you and calling you an idiot. But you had no idea because you're completely lost in your world of stupid ideas.

What is ironic is that you suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect. This is a cognitive bias in which people, often cranks, of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. You believe that you have some special insight that makes you the only one to see the truth. The people that don't understand your nonsense are all dumber then you. When in fact it is nonsense and you are the one who has unscientific faith based beliefs fit for a dumb person.

One thing interesting about the Dunning-Kruger effect. It tends to affect white males. Women tend to believe the opposite about themselves, underrate their own intelligence. As do the Japanese, they also underrate their own intelligence.

And, you without any training in any of this,

think your beliefs

have overthrown the laws of thermodynamics,

and magical insulation makes more light leak out of a rock,

every time it makes less leak into it.

Koondense

Veteran
This thread is incredible.
When you offer a link it gets ignored. When someone throws a personal view you have to prove why it's right.

You show us evidence and calculations(reviewed) which supports your claims. Until then you're on the ignore list, again.

Yamaha FG-840

I can't speak to your Dunning-Kruger problem, it's those without any training who are subject to that disorder. You're the people described in that disorder.

My Bachelor's degree is in atmospheric energy related electronic engineering.

I skipped about half of two grades and graduated from high school a year early because my parents had me do what basically amounted to double schoolwork, so I could work professionally breeding ocean and freshwater fish.

The double schoolwork I did was for skipping things like study hall,
literary reading assignments I usually did anyway, as a way of skipping out of actual class, and physical education.

I did dozens of reports on Earth environment, the plant & animal kingdoms within it, almost every conceivable subject related to the natural sciences including basic astrophysics at the high school and jr college level.

To justify skipping P.E, to work in atmospheric chemistry professionally.

You're going on and on about something that actually describes you.

And ostensibly your fellow believers in the magical gassiness.

That makes more and more energy come out of rocks,

by making less and less go into them.

Yamaha FG-840

You've already been shown your church teaches you the atmosphere which is responsible for making nearly 29% of available energy warm the Earth never reach it, lowering it's temperature that much,

makes more than 100% of sunlight energy come back out of the Earth.

One of the most common features of knowingly practicing deceit is avoidance by the way.

When you offer a link it gets ignored. When someone throws a personal view you have to prove why it's right.

You show us evidence and calculations(reviewed) which supports your claims. Until then you're on the ignore list, again.

go check your church's teachings for these words: "The green house gases warm the planet.''

That's open fraud in your face.

Go check your church's teachings for the words ''due to the green house gases the earth is 33 degrees warmer than it would otherwise be.''

That's transparent crass fraud and when you say it's not it involves you asserting that you think

the very gases cooling the planet by 29% as the difference in sunlight top of atmosphere vs the surface,

sending nearly 30% of available energy to space never to warm Earth

make more than 100% of available energy come out of it.

And since that's true you're mad as a snake somebody caught you believing it, and you can't believe you've been duped so badly.

Yamaha FG-840

What's incredible is your never showing us how you think the very atmosphere reducing the temperature of the planet 29%

makes it hotter than if the Earth received more than 100% of available sunlight.

What's incredible is you thinking hiding, is a sign you're winning the argument you've lost so badly you're afraid to show your face and take up for.

If you were ready to actually take up for it you'd be going step by step through it all just like you do when you talk about anything else on the planet you really wanna understand more about.

But you refuse to do it in this case because you know you're busted claiming you thought the very atmosphere cooling the planet by basically 30%

is a magic heater that makes more than 100% of available sunlight come out of the planet by making that 30% not ever go in it.

Koondense

Veteran
You seem to be entitled to say what others know and not find this insulting.
Show us where you got the 29%, provide sources for your statements. I have zero obligation to find evidence for your claims, it's your job which you're avoiding all the time. Even a blind can see it.

Two questions:
What is the calculated night time temperature for an earth like planet but without atmosphere?
What are the measured values?

Yamaha FG-840

Another example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action is when I come in and ask you all if you can name the law responsible for calculating the average temperature of the planet.

To this day almost a year later, not one of you can name that law.

Not one of you even has had the courage to try. Why?

Why haven't any of you just gone and learned what the steps are in resolving the temperature of the Atmosphere?

Dunning-Kruger. You tell yourselves you're experts but you can't even name the law of physics you're talking about.

Not just one of you in particular the entire group of you can't even name the law of physics used to calculate the temperature of gases hence, the Atmosphere.

That's nothing more nor less than screeching illiteracy caught so flat-footed it can't name the law of physics,

it asserts to be very confident it's right about: while being unable to even name it.

Better than someone who warned you ahead of time: I've not only worked professionally in Atmospheric chemistry I have a degree specifically in, atmospheric energy, and atmospheric chemistry.

Did you all think you were really gonna go somewhere in this? With that kind of logic?

LoL no, you weren't.

Dunning-Kruger?

That's when you sit down to give us all a lesson on Atmospheric energy and realize - oh that's right, you don't even know the law of physics you're talking about.

This isn't complicated. None of you will stop running

and address the claims you assert

make perfect sense to you.

Cold light blocking nitrogen bath-

makes rock hotter

than if there were no cold light blocking bath,

by making rock 29% colder through cold bath, blocking light.

It's your story.

That violates Conservation of Energy on it's face.

I assert the International Standard Atmosphere is correct and that the reason all our planes fly is because our calculation of the temperature of the planet is correct.

You assert calculations coming up a mandatory 33 degrees short are as correct as those making planes fly.

And just by coincidence the REASON your church's teachings are a mandatory 33 degrees short is because

they don't ever refer to the gas law
actually used in resolving gas temperatures.

The very gas law not one of you here have been able to name.

What's the name of the law used to calculate the average temperature of the global Atmosphere?

Hmm? What's the name of that law?

Why can't any of you name it?

It's called Dunning-Kruger. You don't even have to know the name of the law of physics you're talking about and you think you're an expert.

You're not.

I am.

Which is why I'm willing to discuss it with you,

and you're all hiding.