What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vegging under T5's

the420er

Thinking about switching out my MH 1000w veg light with 2 or 3 T5 lights, the 4ft by 8 bulb ones. I currently run that 8 bulb T5 for early veg state and absolutely LOVE IT, the babies are super healthy, tight compact, with no over stretching ever, and leaves are always reaching up towards the light. Was wanting to get some feed back from you guys and see what your thoughts are for running the entire VEG time under those T5's...

MickFoster

I have always used fluorescents in veg and been very happy with the results. Saves money on power and a lot less heat.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
It would depend on ya size space if that may be a good move... realize them 8 bulb lights still 400sumthin watts each n do generate some heat when u jam 3 of them in a space... but ya they do kick ass,,, they will not work well if u are trying to veg trees...they are floros n have no penetration. .... if ur veggin trees hid is a must that hid would be stronger 6ft from bulb compared to 2ft on floros... so its completely dependant on ur end goal...

Latest posts

Latest posts