What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Flowering Dilema

Redbuddz

High Guys

It's been a while since I was last on here. I always get the info from all you good peeps out there and I'm hopeful you peeps will come thru again

So, I started some seeds earlier this year and had them growing wit 18+hrs of light. I made some clones before moving the seed plants outdoors and I had the clones growing under 18hrs light. At this point my seed plants are say 4 months old and my clones are 40 days old from the day they rooted. I was wanting to use 1 or 2 of the cloned plants as a mother plant but I now see that the clones all have pre flowers and they seem to be starting their flowering stage? I'm rather sure they started flowering because the first flowers are showing and they are showing many 5 blade leaves. I'm not exactly sure why they're flowering. I did recently have a power outage for 5 hrs while I was away on vacation but they only lost the 5hrs just the one day. I bring the plants outdoors when I can due to heat and there were a few times that I did not get the plants back under the lights before it had got dark outside. I'm not so concerned as to why they are flowering but my dilemma is with my clones and what can I do with them in regards to being a mother plant? I noticed that the 5blade leaves are about a foot down from the top. Now at the top 7 blade leaves are appearing but when I made the clones the seed plants were pushing all 9blade and some 10&11's.

What should I do? Just flower the clones and grow new plants from seed again or can the plants be successfully switched back to veg stage and still produce a quality plant?

Hopeful my friends here will help

Thanks

Redbuddz

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Put them back under 24h light ,they will be fine....a few hiccups ain't nothing when in veg:tiphat:..preflowers will always show at a certain time...what 5/6 weeks into veg (from seed) that don't mean she's going to flower ( she is ready though),,,,she's just giving you a flash of her tits...most peeps that grow from seed do it this way,it's a good way to get a nice size plant and letting them show sex before you chop the males..

Keep it green
Highlander

Redbuddz

I've had no luck achieving quality bud in the past when having Re-Vegged a clone/mother plant.

Does any one else have any input?

RonSmooth

Veteran
Are they flowering or preflowering? Either way, they will not continue to flower if you keep the lights on 18-24hrs.

I have taken cuts from flowering plants and they usually take several weeks longer than cuts from veg plants. They eventually start growing normally and cuts can be taken that will not need extra time to grow normally.

Redbuddz

I believe they are flowering. As I said originally All my leaves in the beginning had 9 and 11 blades per leaf and now I see many 5 blade leaves just above the middle of the plants.

RonSmooth

Veteran
Fan leaves are not an indicator of flowering. At least not in my experience.

Are flowers forming with calyx/stigma?

Have you flowered plants before? It is pretty obvious when they are flowering.

Mature plants will show preflowers- single pair of stigma at nodes but thats as far as they go until they are subjected to long, uninterrupted nights for several days in a row.

Keep them on 18/6 -24/0 and they will not flower.

Redbuddz

Ron, yes I have flowered plants before. I turned up my light to 20hrs and they seem to have responded as they are now again pushing 9 blade leaves and the new flowers I see are just preflowers.

Thanks for the help ya'll

Latest posts

Latest posts