What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Police Raid Of Bronx Building

B

BrnCow

Nearly 800 Marijuana Plants Found In Police Raid Of Bronx Building

5-Story Commercial Digs Turned Into State-Of-The-Art Pot Manufacturing Palace

January 31, 2012 9:05 PM

Bronx pot bust in the Morris Park section. (credit: NYPD)

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — You might call it a marijuana mega mansion.
Police raided a five-floor commercial building in the Bronx Tuesday afternoon that was filled with marijuana plants from wall to wall.
The building, located on Morris Park Avenue, had nearly 800 plants, some measuring 7 feet.
Police called the operation a sophisticated pot factory that was cranking out millions of dollars worth of weed, 1010 WINS’ Al Jones reported.
1010 WINS’ Al Jones Reports
Three people were arrested.
CBS 2′s John Slattery said there were no sleeping quarters inside, but the building fostered the perfect environment for growing the plants.
Slattery reported that inside there was an elaborate set-up of water and air filtration systems and that the drugs were allegedly packaged on the top floor.
Neighbors in the area said they were surprised and never suspected anything.
bronx-pot-bust.jpg
Police remove marijuana after a raid on a five-story building in the Bronx. (credit: Al Jones, 1010 WINS)

“It just looked like it was a mechanics every time I walked by,” said Ricardo Morales.
“That’s crazy…because I used to walk past this every single day. I live down the block on Garfield,” said Maria Candelaria. “Never even smelled nothing come out from this place.”
Police were removing marijuana from the building Tuesday evening as the suspects were being questioned

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01...lants-found-in-police-raid-of-bronx-building/

dusto2k3

7.5 Million Dollar Pot Bust in NYC!

7.5 Million Dollar Pot Bust in NYC!

NEW YORK – Cops raided a New York apartment building Tuesday and found it had been turned into a pot farm.
Acting on a tip, police broke down the door at 610 Morri Park Avenue in The Bronx at 1:00pm local time and discovered a staggering 600 marijuana-growing pots. They filled all of the top four floors of the five-story building.
Officials estimated there was 1,500 pounds of pot growing in the building, and at $5,000 a pound, it had a street value of about $7.5 million.
Cops also found there had modifications to the ventilation of the building and other changes.
"It was like a pot farm in there," one law enforcement source said. "They were using enough electricity, grow lights and such to power an entire city block."
Three suspects in their 20s were arrested on drug dealing and drug possession charges.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/3...tment-building/?test=latestnews#ixzz1l8K5Uyqn

moonymonkey

dam man...that suksxxx...i had a apartment..ya know..bunch people from building always trying to get in...too high end risk..4-me..need security measures,untraceable renters..just dead ends..another problem no wants be around long ,enough to see wats up,too much in one place for me....peace moonish/SIRCHIPPY

hashcat88

damn...kids were blowing it up. i have always dreamed of owning an apartment building and turning the top floor into my weed heaven. but 4 floors, god damn :D

vangaurd

thats nuts man, i wonder how long they have been at it to afford 4 floors of square footage in NY yet alone the equipment needed for all that.

M

mugenbao

Most major media said:
Acting on a tip, police broke down the door
It just pisses me off how nearly every news story about a bust starts out with some variant of that sentence, and how accurately it reflects the increasing militarization of our civilian police forces. "Those dangerous pot growers! We must charge in with our guns drawn, for teh safety of teh childrenz!!!"

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
thats nuts man, i wonder how long they have been at it to afford 4 floors of square footage in NY yet alone the equipment needed for all that.

Because it's Morris Park in the Bx near where I grew up. It's not exactly what you'd call prime real estate.

castout

Veteran
Damn that really sucks!!!! I feel so bad for the dudes that got busted....it sounds like alot of hard work went into that spot. I wonder how they were caught....snitches, electric bill, smell, vandalism, etc? Sucks, irregardless, and my prayers are with the guys that got busted, and their families.

Grass Lands

Veteran
this was probably the cartel or some other organized crime pumping sub par herb in to the market.

I'm not gonna say either way whether it was good or bad, but I will say this, if it was either or of the above, do you really think they really give one shit about humanity?

dusto2k3

this was probably the cartel or some other organized crime pumping sub par herb in to the market.

I'm not gonna say either way whether it was good or bad, but I will say this, if it was either or of the above, do you really think they really give one shit about humanity?

Quite possibly. Or maybe not. Who knows really. You can speculate they were douche bags, but you never know. Does growing a ton of weed make you not care about humanity?!

Duplicate

Neighbors in the area said they were surprised and never suspected anything.

See, this is why cannabis is a dangerous and harmful drug. It's so subtle in it's stranglehold that people hardly even notice it's doing horrible horrible things! BAD THINGS!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
doubt the kids in their 20s set it up...most likely financed by organized crime and the kids were the workers.....and most likely they were not pumping out top notch sour but beaster commercial herb for the corners...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^nice avatar man it would be crazy if the real stayhigh was on IC lol...

checked out that building on google maps thats a cool setup! all the windows are boarded up with an escalade in front thats kinda obvious. its right near a big train yard too makes me wanna grab some spraycans...

TB Gardens

Veteran

This was NOT cartel. Mad bud goes down in the boroughs. That's how ppl operate there, I know a number of ppl with full apartment buildings. Dudes literally grow in buildings like that, then move it outa another full building. Bunch of young dudes I know are making mad dough, I'm not surprised someone got popped.... Those Brooklyn & Bronx boys have been pushing herb HARD lately, from NYC to bean town their genetics get around