What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

Borderliner

Hey BL those LEDs don't have much of a foot print up close ya almost need four of em for a 4x4 I want the spydr xl 15 hun US though ! one day plants are looking good DWD liking the new light..:)

Buddler, your correct sir less footprint up close. I have the same led.

deepwaterdude

Hey, fellas, thanks for the input. The spyders have 7 bulbs averaging 15w each, so 105w. The spacing on the spyders for the bulbs is a little close for my taste also making a small, intense 10x10in footprint, maaaaybe a foot sq, that's why I keep a little distance;) at 8" right over their heads is plenty for the first day. I've got three more that I'll add as I wrap the girls around the tent;) Still will only be 1000w total for the 5x5.
That's a whole lotta LED. I may try and rig something so I can lift the Amare another 6". Heavy sucker;) I'd rather build a rigid frame it can sit on than stress the cables more. I very much like the COB led rail idea. The plants like the light and it has better quality and spread than the 600. Plants respond more for sure. LED and coco are an excellent match. Also explains why they want so much CalMag. That said, I won't run this coco mix anymore, just straight coir and perlite, precharged with calmag and phd.

For the outside girls, I top dressed with EWC, langbeinite (contains k and Mg) and guano with P and Ca. Very light, watered in with rainwater. It's raining every night, so they'll have something to eat. Also prepared foliar with Neem oil, microbes and CalMag, mainly for the inside babes.

Anyhoo, I'm reassured everyone's covered for the time being and conditions are good. Mushrooms are a' poppin on the mountains;)

Borderliner

dwd it's probably strain related some more than others I guess. I start out couple of feet then close the gap everyday monitoring temps and plants response. the mxp would wrap itself in the lights and only damage was from where physically touched the light. and only that part of the leaf that touched was damaged. the rest of leaf looked normal.

deepwaterdude

dwd it's probably strain related some more than others I guess. I start out couple of feet then close the gap everyday monitoring temps and plants response. the mxp would wrap itself in the lights and only damage was from where physically touched the light. and only that part of the leaf that touched was damaged. the rest of leaf looked normal.

Awright, sounds like I need to get my canopy under control. SO far so good;)

deepwaterdude

Outdoor update

Outdoor update

Two topics to this one-first, Malawis are sexed as one male, one female. Happily, the female is the one in better health. Male gets the chop a bit later today.

Topic two: food;) The top dressing the OD got kicked them into happy green mode. The ZAmxKCs under screens are starting to fill them out and actually grow larger. Good thing as even for me they were a bit too small;)
I am going to top dress the indoor girls as well, very lightly. Need to buy a bag of EWC, which seems to me like magic. Much more readable response than with the Sensi.

Indoor girls are going full on into flower, the ZAmxPams super vigorously. They're now 3" from the LEDs and I haven't moved anything;) They're taking it like champs, no burn. I'll have to get in there before lights on and pull plants down, spyders up.

Here de outdoor, dwd

Attachments

• Malawi Male-gettin chopped.jpg
    Malawi Male-gettin chopped.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Mi Reina-Malawi female.jpg
    Mi Reina-Malawi female.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 11
  • ZAmxKC clone1.jpg
    ZAmxKC clone1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 11
  • ZAmxKC clone2.jpg
    ZAmxKC clone2.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 11
  • ZAmxKC clone3 getting happier.jpg
    ZAmxKC clone3 getting happier.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 13

gorilla ganja

Plant's are looking good DWD. I wish I lived somewhere I could just set the plants out on the patio on chairs. :biggrin:
Any plants starting to show signs of flowering?

Peace GG

orfeas

Veteran
the way you tucked the corner of the screen into the chair frame created a weird eye-knotting parabola giving me a hard time trying to figure out the shape...somewhat ingenious(had it been deliberately done so) since them branches aren't always of same height... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

deepwaterdude

GG-Not so stress-free; my inner alarms went off this morning and I culled the male Malawi, moved his sister under the trees along with ZAmKC3, camoed the scrogged plants closer to the tomatoes. Also cleaned up all the trim, jars, and bud I had laying around and got it out of the house in a major paranoid moment. Got rid of any old root systems I had laying around. If the 5-0 should be motivated by two small outdoor plants, I want it to be a huge disappointment for them. ANyway, major freak. Shouldn't've puffed this morning.

Anyway-the indoor ladies just got a huge helping of worm castings along with usual low feeding below .8EC, sorta going Lucas formula, just using Sensi Bloom B, Big Bud and Botanicare CalMag in 1/3 strength, which contains a bit of N. The ZAmaldelica x Panamas are very aggressive ladies, going full on, so I try to get out of the way. The ZAm x KCs're bouncing back from the pH swings though not yet the shiny dark blue/green I like. I went to take a pic this AM and the lights went off, couldn't get a good image. I'll get one tonight. ANd on that note, I got a timer that seems to work, rated 1800w, thank all the gods.

Orfeas- always some "genius-level" sh*t going on at my place;) Usually with comic results-Love that local NLD you've got.

deepwaterdude

Here de indoor about 2 weeks after flip

Here de indoor about 2 weeks after flip

The ZAmaldelica x Panama are each different in their style, but all the same height + stretch almost. Tops are fine at 3-6 inches from the spyders. I'm not going to push their feeding, just keep 'em flowering healthy if I can.

Outdoor everyone is showing a few preflowers; just.

Attachments

• ZP 2 + 1.jpg
    ZP 2 + 1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Zp3.jpg
    Zp3.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 10
  • ZamPam2-symmetrical.jpg
    ZamPam2-symmetrical.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 9
  • ZAmPam1-alternating.jpg
    ZAmPam1-alternating.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 10
  • ZamPams.jpg
    ZamPams.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Zamaldelica x Panama.jpg
    Zamaldelica x Panama.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Zam x KCs.jpg
    Zam x KCs.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 10
  • ZAmKC bushes.jpg
    ZAmKC bushes.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 8
  • ZP2.jpg
    ZP2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 7
G

GG-Not so stress-free; my inner alarms went off this morning and I culled the male Malawi, moved his sister under the trees along with ZAmKC3, camoed the scrogged plants closer to the tomatoes. Also cleaned up all the trim, jars, and bud I had laying around and got it out of the house in a major paranoid moment. Got rid of any old root systems I had laying around. If the 5-0 should be motivated by two small outdoor plants, I want it to be a huge disappointment for them. ANyway, major freak. Shouldn't've puffed this morning.

Sounds like a nice mellow wake and bake smoke :laughing: What was it? Zam/kc? ... Haven't puffed this one early in the morning for quite a while and was just rolling a spliff .:biggrin:

The light seems great.How many watts is it and how is it compared to the 600w hps?Any good threads /links?A friend was just asking about a led grow light.He also added that money is not much of an issue ...What would you suggest?Thanks bro! :tiphat:

Texicwaste666

Hey, fellas, thanks for the input. The spyders have 7 bulbs averaging 15w each, so 105w. The spacing on the spyders for the bulbs is a little close for my taste also making a small, intense 10x10in footprint, maaaaybe a foot sq, that's why I keep a little distance;) at 8" right over their heads is plenty for the first day. I've got three more that I'll add as I wrap the girls around the tent;) Still will only be 1000w total for the 5x5.
That's a whole lotta LED. I may try and rig something so I can lift the Amare another 6". Heavy sucker;) I'd rather build a rigid frame it can sit on than stress the cables more. I very much like the COB led rail idea. The plants like the light and it has better quality and spread than the 600. Plants respond more for sure. LED and coco are an excellent match. Also explains why they want so much CalMag. That said, I won't run this coco mix anymore, just straight coir and perlite, precharged with calmag and phd.

For the outside girls, I top dressed with EWC, langbeinite (contains k and Mg) and guano with P and Ca. Very light, watered in with rainwater. It's raining every night, so they'll have something to eat. Also prepared foliar with Neem oil, microbes and CalMag, mainly for the inside babes.

Anyhoo, I'm reassured everyone's covered for the time being and conditions are good. Mushrooms are a' poppin on the mountains;)
thats what I did, go get some black pipe and just thread the last one backwards, then you got bad ass frame. I hang everything on mine, fans, lights, etc. Those are vicious looking mate. Nice led. Think I should replace my hps?

deepwaterdude

Morning, fellas, yeah, syd, nice and easy start to the day (not);) That was Lady STraight I partook of, who's just a bit STRONG in general for morning smoke. Also mindset was freaky, shoulda taken a walk;)

The Amare Se 450 run somewhere between 400-450watts, definitely replaces a 600 with 3x3 or 4x4 flower footprint, runs MUCh cooler, weighs a good 30lbs. I like the COBs as they're super strong single source/full spectrum light, can get better spread and intensity than smaller diodes. That said, a much more expensive 1000w Black Dog Led would do the trick nicely with bigger footprint. Say 3 DIY 4 COB rails covering 4x2 each wouldn't be so expensive and would provide great light. The claim is the COBs're better than CMH spectrum wise and produce much less heat/last very long. If I had an even canopy, the screw in LEDs would make excellent quality, low wattage grow, and on the cheap.

Texicwaste, thanks for the idea on the frame. Can you post a pic? Get rid of the HID is what I say, especially as I think you've got two 315w cmhs in there, plus what was it 1200w HPS? It looks like a 4x4 area, so you could keep the cmhs and replace the HPS with a 750w Black Dog or 2 or 3 cob rails - in either case'll both run a lot cooler than the HPS and convert your energy to better quality light. That said, that crazy yield you've got going means you've got a good recipe for success right now;)

Price breakdowns: Black Dog 1000w new 2500$, used 1300$ if you get a deal
Screw in DIY Spyders 105w around 55$ each one sq foot footprint
Amare SE 450 3x3 or 4x4 footprint at $1100 or so new, or get extremely lucky, like I did;)
LED 4 COB rail @288w, premium drivers, COBs, fans, etc. was at 260$ with 4x2 footprint. Can't locate them anymore. If I can find, 2 of these is what I'll do.

That's the word, hope all 're well and happy, dwd

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Saludos, dubi, I really don't think I'd have the hermie rate I got if I hadn't stressed the plants with light issues. Plus, this is some first grade stuff. Miss P is the densest bud I've ever grown. I'll take a photo of one on a scale so you can see the finished product. Extraordinarily hard nugs bunched like fists on the stems (was gonna say dog balls), beautiful blue/green color with those electric orange hairs and her deep mango that went hard caramel for a while and now is back to sweet mango cream. People LOVE this stuff. It is very social, smiley, super creative, hmmm like a mental cocaine almost. There's visual/mental trippiness with no terror and I can apparently still type. Body is aware, light, head moves around a lot with all the thoughts careening around in there... at least while thinking. Lastly, no tiredness or heavy comedown after a few weeks in the jar.
All this to say that although I haven't met her parents, this particular girl is a keeper and she was taken earliest at 8 weeks. I've got the last two seedlings outside alongside the Zamaldelica x Panama and Malawis and they look excellent, also 6 successful Lady S and Miss P clones, looks like;) We'll see how they go with a tighter regimen.
Sorry the last order was so difficult to execute, but I am damn glad to have it. Work is going much better now, so there will be another order soon, to fatten my personal seedbank.
Happy 4th all, dwd

There are 4 more plants in there dry and curing and to get to know, so more to come.

Things you can't see in the photos: Lady S is curing to a burnt red color, and is as dense as Miss P with different bud shape. ZamTam is potent smoke and sticky to break up, obviously not nuggy like the others. SHe and Beast both tend toward the purple, Beast being super dense and perhaps prophetically, a little aggressive. 5-top doesn't have the beautiful colors of Miss P, but has hard, nuggy buds and is very kind smoke. I'll do more in depth reports on their respective effects/terps when they have another month or so of cure and with a cleansed palate.

Here dey is:biggrin:

Thanks for the explanation deepwaterdude :)

That was the goal for this hybrid: to produce a very fast flowering and easy to grow sativa/indica hybrid, with very solid, dense, resinous flowers of great bag appeal, of high quality 'more sativa' influenced effects and very complex terpenes.

The harvested and trimmed buds look simply delicious :yummy:
They are some of the most beautiful sativa/indica flowers i have seen from our current catalog or from our latest works.

The outdoor plants look very healthy and happy, the Zamaldelica x Kali China clones should start to flower very soon. Hopefully they remain completely sexually firm until the end of flowering, and that the outdoor finished product is even better than the first indoor test!

It's always a nice change to move from indoors to outdoors and experience the same genetics in a different environment.

Thanks for all your updates! :thank you:

G

Morning, fellas, yeah, syd, nice and easy start to the day (not) That was Lady STraight I partook of, who's just a bit STRONG in general for morning smoke. Also mindset was freaky, shoulda taken a walk

The Amare Se 450 run somewhere between 400-450watts, definitely replaces a 600 with 3x3 or 4x4 flower footprint, runs MUCh cooler, weighs a good 30lbs. I like the COBs as they're super strong single source/full spectrum light, can get better spread and intensity than smaller diodes. That said, a much more expensive 1000w Black Dog Led would do the trick nicely with bigger footprint. Say 3 DIY 4 COB rails covering 4x2 each wouldn't be so expensive and would provide great light. The claim is the COBs're better than CMH spectrum wise and produce much less heat/last very long. If I had an even canopy, the screw in LEDs would make excellent quality, low wattage grow, and on the cheap.

Texicwaste, thanks for the idea on the frame. Can you post a pic? Get rid of the HID is what I say, especially as I think you've got two 315w cmhs in there, plus what was it 1200w HPS? It looks like a 4x4 area, so you could keep the cmhs and replace the HPS with a 750w Black Dog or 2 or 3 cob rails - in either case'll both run a lot cooler than the HPS and convert your energy to better quality light. That said, that crazy yield you've got going means you've got a good recipe for success right now;)

Price breakdowns: Black Dog 1000w new 2500$, used 1300$ if you get a deal
Screw in DIY Spyders 105w around 55$ each one sq foot footprint
Amare SE 450 3x3 or 4x4 footprint at $1100 or so new, or get extremely lucky, like I did;)
LED 4 COB rail @288w, premium drivers, COBs, fans, etc. was at 260$ with 4x2 footprint. Can't locate them anymore. If I can find, 2 of these is what I'll do.

That's the word, hope all 're well and happy, dwd

You're da mon!:thank you:

Great description of Zam/kc sure fits with my experience...It's a shame I'm down to the last bud of it...3 months cure and it is really great stuff.Luckily the bud is so dense that can give a few good joints:biggrin:

Cheers dwude:)

deepwaterdude

Morning, dubi, thanks for the kind words! These are some killer buds and very interesting smoke. Strong, long lasting, not tiring, very dense and attractive...
The outdoor clones are filling their screens VERY fast, now that they've dug into new pots and feed. Looks like one lady straight, one Miss P;) I'm anxious to see both again and to compare indoor and outdoor:thank you:!

Hye, syd, all the ZAms x KC are big smoke. Not floaters, but kind killers;) Worth noting that 5-top, similar to your pheno, is very strong and fruity. It's interesting to be surrounded by dispensaries and concentrates are hugely popular, dabs, wax, etc, and ALL of it feels dirty... and people actually recognize the difference with Ace strains. I wasn't sure they'd be able to, but they do. ANyhoo, enjoy your evening, might be some shooting stars about.

Thanks for the explanation deepwaterdude

That was the goal for this hybrid: to produce a very fast flowering and easy to grow sativa/indica hybrid, with very solid, dense, resinous flowers of great bag appeal, of high quality 'more sativa' influenced effects and very complex terpenes.

The harvested and trimmed buds look simply delicious :yummy:
They are some of the most beautiful sativa/indica flowers i have seen from our current catalog or from our latest works.

The outdoor plants look very healthy and happy, the Zamaldelica x Kali China clones should start to flower very soon. Hopefully they remain completely sexually firm until the end of flowering, and that the outdoor finished product is even better than the first indoor test!

It's always a nice change to move from indoors to outdoors and experience the same genetics in a different environment.

Thanks for all your updates! :thank you:

orfeas

Veteran
"...might be some shooting stars about."
Perseids are almost no more...yet we were lucky, as far as spectacle goes, to catch a "long" glimpse of several of them ...the brightest and longest one ran a span of about 15 degrees...
The a-year and a half cured MxPCK is more than conducive :biggrin:

deepwaterdude

"...might be some shooting stars about."
Perseids are almost no more...yet we were lucky, as far as spectacle goes, to catch a "long" glimpse of several of them ...the brightest and longest one ran a span of about 15 degrees...
The a-year and a half cured MxPCK is more than conducive :biggrin:

Ideal spot you're in;) After a month or so of not smoking, I had a joint of local Salento sativa on the rooftop of a farmhouse with my gal, mid August, a few years back, almost at the tip of the heel of the boot of Italy, and MAN, that was a memorable display, in all senses of the word;)
We had a bit of cloud cover last night, but you can see the whole damn galaxy from here. Even caught a few smoky startrails left in the moonlight and just when I decided to go in, a real flamer across the sky.:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Indoor update

Indoor update

ZamKCs and ZAmPams rolling along. Just gave them top dress of Langbeinite and guano, bat or seabird. These are high in Mg and K, Cal and P, respectively. No added nutes.

Attachments

• ZAmPam2.jpg
    ZAmPam2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ZAmPam 1 bent down.jpg
    ZAmPam 1 bent down.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 10
  • ZAmKC2 structure.jpg
    ZAmKC2 structure.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 13
  • ZAmKC1.jpg
    ZAmKC1.jpg