What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

President's Daughter Malia puffing joint

jump /injack

Veteran
No way would the President's daughter get popped for smoking but many others haven't been as fortunately as Malia, lots of kids have had their lives ruined by mislabeling an herb as a narcotic. Cannabis has been used as an herb in healing for thousands of years and yet the DEA won't reclassify, why? Which pharmaceutical company made a huge donation to the Democrat Party? Who is getting paid off, who in the DEA works with the guards unions and pharmaceuticals.

Why Should Malia Obama Face No Consequences, and a Poor Black Kid Face Jail?

<header class="single-post-header"></header> By Karol Markowicz | 1:15 pm, August 12, 2016
When a video of Malia Obama ostensibly smoking a joint at the Lollapalooza concert surfaced this week, there were a mix of internet reactions. Some feigned disappointment that the president’s daughter would apparently engage in drug use. Some hearkened back to the poor treatment George W. Bush’s daughters, Jenna and Barbara Bush, got from the media for their under-age drinking and compared it to the relatively mild criticism Malia was getting. But millions of people instantly related to and defended Malia from the scrutiny. After all, who among us hadn’t partaken in marijuana at a concert when we were 18? The only difference is the whole world wasn’t watching us.
Only about 10% of high school students and 20% of college students admit to smoking marijuana in the last 30 days, but good statistics on teenage marijuana use are difficult to come by. Teenagers aren’t going to be forthcoming about a practice that remains illegal in the great majority of states around the country. And while Malia was doing something fairly typical for young people, one thing that was atypical for the average person smoking weed was her lack of risk. While it’s certainly unpleasant to have her video shared, no one is going to be arresting the president’s daughter for smoking pot. Yet that’s something that happens to many people every day all over the country.
The concert Malia was attending was in Chicago. A few years ago, Chicago loosened up its fairly strict marijuana laws. Now possession of a small amount of marijuana gets you a ticket instead of an arrest, but the fine is several hundred dollars. Smoking in public, however, is a different offense and can easily lead to arrest. No one is arguing that Malia should be arrested for her smoking (if she was) — but then why should anyone be arrested for it? The rules should apply to everyone, including the president’s family, in the same way. And it’s the rules themselves that need changing. A Federal ban on marijuana remains in place, even in states that have legalized it. If the president’s Harvard-bound daughter is smoking marijuana without repercussions, perhaps other people should have the same benefit.
Malia’s seeming indiscretion was revealed during the same week that Michael Phelps took home his 22nd gold medal. Phelps had also been caught smoking pot on video in 2009. It does not seem to have hindered his success.
It’s long past the time to decriminalize marijuana and stop ruining people’s lives over smoking a joint. Perhaps President Obama could use his perch to call for real changes to our draconian drug laws. With the examples of his daughter and national hero Phelps, we can see marijuana use for the generally innocuous thing that it is. We shouldn’t be shaming Malia, but we shouldn’t be shaming or punishing anyone else either.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And what canna friendly American would not be happy to see a presidents daughter smoking out at a concert?!?
How in the world do we turn that into a complaint...oh...must be an election year...

FireIn.TheSky

These elitists do not inhale. They puff the joint, swish it around like a fine cigar but they do not and will not inhale.

corky1968

Veteran
Smoking a joint pales in comparison to what probably goes on in the White House I bet.

I may have a drone above me for saying this. LOLZ.

:peek:

FireIn.TheSky

Smoking a joint pales in comparison to what probably goes on in the White House I bet.

He didnt get the nick name "Bath house Barry" for no reason.
leather-gay-148.gif
:whip:

Gry

I hope the kid had a good time.
I am sorry she and all of our kids have to deal with the bullshit double standards that our society continues to embrace.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey,....she just wanted to get high, at a concert, and it's not her fault that her Dad happens to be the POTUS...

I kinda feel sorry for her not being able to snatch a few swift tokes without having a camera up her ass. You can't choose your parents.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Amerihealth and Glaxo Smith Kline were major donors to the DNC convention.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looked more like a cig than a joint. I would worry more about cigs than joints for my kid.

EsterEssence

Veteran
What makes you think it was only dems that got money from big pharma, if trump get in there with christy as AG watch out...

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A teenager smoking pot at a music festival shouldn't be national news. She was having fun being young and listening to music with her friends. This doesn't have anything to do with politics.

iBogart

Veteran
Secret service was standing right next her the whole time. A federally sanctioned smoke out you could say. Now move along. Nothing to see here...

jump /injack

Veteran
" We shouldn't even bring attention to it. It's her business! " The Bush girls got trashed by the MSM so everyone is open game anymore, the Bush girls were drinking and Malia is smoking a J like her old man, big deal. If its so prevalent that it can be smoked by the Presidents daughter why couldn't he reclassify it? President Obama could do a reclassification with an 'Executive Order', why hasn't he done it yet?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your curious...I'm pretty sure you can look up his answer to that question.
But passive aggressive I hate Obama threads are much more fun!!!
Don't worry man...it's almost over...and then we can have four years of I hate Hillary threads! Woohoo

guineapig

Veteran
Instead of turning into a political discussion, this thread could turn into a historical/philosophical discussion about the Puritan Ethos in America, specifically with reference to Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter" and Miller's "The Crucible", where we discuss the greater community's need to stigmatize and isolate one person in order to gain greater social control.

I just see a lot of Puritans everywhere, but maybe I'm just paranoid :abduct:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts