What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANYTHING KUSH

hey guys im sure theres other threads like this but often I search through the threads and I don't see a whole lot of active threads on todays dank, face-melting, nose-burning, eye-wateringly pungent stanky kushes. I love super resinous pungent indicas that you can taste for a good 5 or so minutes after you smoke them. god bud has always stood out to me as a killer kush. I love OG, Chem, Bubba and Diesel. all the hybrids. any afghani/paki/traditional middleastern hashplant varieties with that meat/Burnt rubber/Garlic/rancid smells/flavors. I wanted to pop something to maybe help get it started and/or get people interested! heres some seeds that went in water only hours ago.

I got 2 Sour Starfighter fem and one Chemdog Fem. hopefully theres some killer pungent kush fire in here.

picture.php

picture.php

heres a crappy ass shot of wedding cake x gelato #33 at week 5. it was nice but turned to crap once uploaded for some reason. maybe not really a textbook kush but very frosty and stinky nonetheless.

picture.php

I wanna see all your favorite kushes aswell guys! lets have em! I know you guys have some unreal pics and strains :tiphat::woohoo:

Last edited:
heres a shot of the little clone moms of my 2 wedding cake plants. both are 1st generation clones from the seed mothers.

picture.php

gonna do a few rounds of both to see which one I cant live without :p

And a shot I have posted before, RP Skywalker Kush. 9 wk flat Straight mind crush OG. Pine forest gasoline FUNK. stretches like a biatch. what a looker though. grown by my good buddy.

picture.php

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Though I'm not a "Kush" fan, due to the presence of the Homulene terpene (I have seizures and it messes with my brain function), I can contribute a little to this quote here.

I love super resinous pungent indicas that you can taste for a good 5 or so minutes after you smoke them.
What you experienced are called sesquiterpenes, terpenes which are complex chains instead of simple chains. The number/amount of sesquiterpenes produced depends on the strain genetics and environmental factors.

When you grow so these terpenes are not destroyed, you can lick your lips 30 minutes later and still taste the last joint you smoked. :tiphat: Cannabis is awesome! :D

man awesome tidbit DC!!!! thats a cool bit of info. I definitely grow my flowers for flavor and smell. I will de doing much more research into this now. good food for thought!!

Last edited:
^^ I love the terps those crosses can bring out. they are always so complete. meaning you can really taste the amazing combo of berry and OG Funk in kinda a best of both worlds situation. that and sour diesel x OG seem to have very predictable and awesome outcomes.

we got life!

we got life!

hey guys here's an update on those seeds. looks like they have all cracked already. that's pretty much 24hrs after hitting the water so that's a good sign.

heres the first one. Both of The sour starfighters have cracked. you can kinda see both tails poking out there.

picture.php

and heres the chemdog. its kinda hiding by the plant tag there but you can see the tap root peeking out on her!

picture.php

im very excited about all 3 of these plants. it will be my first time growing either variety.

last but not least is a pic of the nursery where they will be spending the early part of their lives. I have a cactus and a lettuce to stand watch. theres even a random succulent hiding in there too.

picture.php

I just placed them in soil so now we wait..:dance013:

Last edited:
that cactus is actually an Opunta Albispinia, it usually has very round, disk like structures. but its because of the low light environment that it grows tall and skinny toward the bulb I believe. its a great little companion. it has been there since i began growing.

if you brush your arm or anything against it, it sticks you with these little micro hairs that make you itchy. kinda like how tarantulas do. gotta pull em out with tweezers. it also flowers too. a nice green/yellow blossom. not sure what the cycle is, but I haven't gotten it to flower yet. it pretty much exists under 18/6. its a badass little badass tho.

Last edited:

BerrySeal

Ask a hundred growers what "kush" means and you get 100 answers. Back in the hills it must have all been kush goin by descriptions people give. I think every strain is kush when grown right!

Powerful recognizable tastes is the average definition of kush given from a random sample of 100 people. Personally never grown a plant that didn't have the hashy long lasting sesquiterp triterp flavor. And paki cedar being the best of all and backbone of real OG flavor.

everything's above soil! heres the group shot! the starting mix is just peatmoss with vermiculite and ewc. seems to work pretty good! I sprinkle a little mykos on the seedling aswell. it took Sour Starfighter #1, 2 days to pop and the chemdog, 3 and the sour Stafighter #2 took 4 days. all look pretty good. really excited about whats to come! ill let em grow for a while and then I report back with regular updates once theres more to see! enjoy guys and have a good 4th of july!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

normally I like to do longer posts with more detail but I spent like 25 minutes doing it and then my internet cut out haha.. so I kinda just sped through and re did it but next time it will be done the way I normally like! anyway hope you enjoy guys! peace till next time!

lets get more pics in here! show me what your smoking/ growing atm! kush or not lets get it going!!! :tiphat:

Tvoyamo420

Though I'm not a "Kush" fan, due to the presence of the Homulene terpene (I have seizures and it messes with my brain function), I can contribute a little to this quote here.

What you experienced are called sesquiterpenes, terpenes which are complex chains instead of simple chains. The number/amount of sesquiterpenes produced depends on the strain genetics and environmental factors.

When you grow so these terpenes are not destroyed, you can lick your lips 30 minutes later and still taste the last joint you smoked. :tiphat: Cannabis seeds is awesome! :D
Oh, I thought I was this one. Exactly the same reaction from kush:woohoo:

CannaZen

'Kush' refers to the Hindu Kush mountain range, Many Californian growers in the 70's and 80's were growing imported kush landraces from Afghanistan and Pakistan if I'm not mistaken.