What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why do foreign language posts have english titles?

Kindest

You click on a post link for "Super Silver Haze 1000W" only to find the posts are all in Italian...

I'm really just curious how/why this happens so often. I love surfing random via the 'new posts' feature on the left hand side (which doesn't show the little flags or forum name) and get tricked by this a lot.

It's awesome that this is an international site, not knocking anybody.

Just wondering how the sausage is made.

Ickis

Veteran
I always wonder the same thing. It is very annoying. I guess they just want extra views so they trick english speaking people into entering their thread.

Miraculous Meds

Im with u guys. A bit ridiculous. Why wouldn't they go ahead and post the rest of it in English if there goal is more views? Idk , but it does bug me when that happens.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Italian guys do not write their titles in English to increase thread views imho...it is useless as you know...only who knows Italian can understand and reply.
I think it's a sort of attitude without any real motivation.

However.....by clicking on ''More...'' on the bottom right of the little ''New Posts window'' you can see where the threads are, so you can simply avoid the ones posted in National Sub-forums in few clicks.

Just my two :wave:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
the 'new posts' feature does display the sub-forum where the thread is located at... at least on my end.

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts