What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

kitchen cabinet grow, need a nice computer fan recomendation

heres my plans: maybe somebody can help me

typical kitchen cabinet as cab
floros for lighting, either 3 to 4 (25- 40) watt cfs or 1 pl-l 110 watt ten thousand lumens htg set up. cab is probally a foot deep tops

running autos, just need to keep the girls at a nice temp, looking for quiet n cheap compueter fan n ease of set up, i imagine a intake n outtake is best, if u guys have any links or u can paste me something id really appriciate it, i gotta get them seeds bred n ready for a spring bankathon

bonsai

You can always stack them to.

That makes no sense. Two 100cfm fans in series spinning in the same direction can only push 100cfm of air. The only positive thing two exhaust fans stacked could achieve is the first one might take enough of the static pressure to allow the second one to operate more efficiently. Two 100cfm fans next to each other pulling through a filter that is twice as large, however...
Very happy to be proven wrong :tiphat:

jumitoprenove

I am wondering why not use natural ventilation?

Can someone tell me? I just think adding a fan or fans would be energy consuming and nature is good.

starke

I built this stealth tub setup according to Blue_Adept's plans and it worked quite well. PC fans provided active cooling for the CFL hood and passive ventilation for cooling and odor control. You can easily adapt something similar to your cab.

I would highly recommend you look at Off the Shelf LED bulbs versus the CFLs. You will be getting more usable light and have less heat to deal with.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=100698

Last edited:

jonhova

Noctua fans are great. Look into them.

You dont want intake fans. Intakes should be passive to create positive pressure. This ensures the flow of air goes one way through your carbon filter.

Latest posts

Latest posts