What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn hydrohut

H

HighonthePrize

I just got this fucking thing delivered to my door, and on the outside of the box, in HUGE letters, it says "HYDROHUT INSTANT GREENHOUSE"!!!

I am kinda freaked now. If anyone else orders this product, make sure it is packaged discretely! :no:

chepnut

The box also says, a favorite for orchid lovers and vegtable growers.

Its not like it has a giant pot leaf on it and says use this box to grow your ganja!

But the person that shipped it should of wrapped it in brown paper (with a pot leaf on it that says use this to grow your ganja :wink: )

jcsmooth

Same thing has happened to a few of us highontheprize.
I even asked the shipper to send it discreetly (that's not what I call discreet!).

Who'd you order through if you don't mind me asking?
I used http://www.ecogrow.com/

I do not recommend them. Crappy service :(

JC

rocketman

Access Discount

Access Discount

One time I ordered from Access Discount and when I got the box on my porch, it had a white 6" x 6" sign pasted on the side, saying 400W MH grow light. It's the last time I ordered from them. I also sent them a E-mail saying what they did and I would never buy anything from them again. Now I want to get a 250W light and don't know who to try. Anyone have any ideas?

G

you have learned a valuable lesson the hard way...always make sure the shipping is discrete...most offer it

jcsmooth

I think the lesson learned is to use a retailer who has a reputation for shipping discretely. Or better yet, buy locally and with cash.

I've asked for discrete shipping for every one of my packages being mailed, and only this once did they not care to listen. It was shipped to a friends' address anyways, so I'm not concerned about my security.

Still a shitty thing to happen. At least the post office man got a smile out of it

JC

G

that sucks man they have sent all of my stuff boxed inside out...all of the labels are on the inside

H

HighonthePrize

I bought my tent from an auction. I know to check next time. Oh well, I'm moving before I start this grow.

thats pretty stupid on hydrohuts part, and the hydro shop. both businesses should know 80% of there customers want discreet shipping,

marx2k

Veteran
rocketman said:
One time I ordered from Access Discount and when I got the box on my porch, it had a white 6" x 6" sign pasted on the side, saying 400W MH grow light. It's the last time I ordered from them. I also sent them a E-mail saying what they did and I would never buy anything from them again. Now I want to get a 250W light and don't know who to try. Anyone have any ideas?

I just ordered this from here yeterday...

http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/Itemdesc.asp?ic=HLBADIGA02&eq=&Tp=

...Should be here by Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I can tell you how my experience was from that if you like.

rocketman

Thanks for the addy tokin 420, I'll check it out.
Mar2k That would be great, I need all the info I can get. We should have a list of all the safe places to go (on the net) and how there service was, maybe have it on the front page, like earmarked so we all can use it. Also, sorry I don't mean to be taking over this thread so I will say thanks to all for the info. RM

marx2k

Veteran
rocketman said:
Mar2k That would be great, I need all the info I can get. We should have a list of all the safe places to go (on the net) and how there service was, maybe have it on the front page, like earmarked so we all can use it. RM

I think that is a good idea (And I was up until 4 AM doing price comparisons on different stuff, checking return policies, products, reviews, etc)

The only problem with that a lot of the time is forum moderators and website owners would see this as advertising and either expect $$ or shut it down.

But I totally agree that a safe/tried/trusted/QUALITY vendor list is needed as well as a safe/tried/trusted/QUALITY product list. I would give Sun System ballasts my 4-year tried-and-true seal of approval. I've been using one 400W HPS ballast of theirs now for 4 years with zero hiccups. That's why I ordered another ballast made by the same company.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I recently purchased a 400W MH kit from www.htgsupply.com

I was very pleased with the products and shipping.

As far as going above and beyond - The instructions HTG make and supply with thier ballst kits were excellent. Anyone could follow them.

Oh, and you can order whole systems and lights, not just kits :D

rocketman

Mar2k I like the Sun Systems also, one problem is I don't like hanging a heavy reflector on the cealing plasterboard, I'm afread on morning I will find the light on the floor. That's why I would like to go with (I think) the Hydrofarm Daystar AC reflector, it weighs 10 lbs. with lens. Check out the Lumiatek Ballast and the 250W Lumiatek deal with the Daystar AC reflector. It goes for $312.95 dollars plus a MH bulb for 25.50 = $338.45 at Growco Indoor Garden Supply. The Lumiatek has a 3 year warranty and 2 years limited. Let me know what you think, please :)

marx2k

Veteran
I dont plan on using a reflector with this coming setup. I have 3 reflectors Im not using now (of course, I dont have a CAB now, so that makes sense) but I'm going to be making cooltube setups and Im going to be using silver foil tape to tape mylar to the top half arc of the cooltube, making it's own small reflector.

This will be both in the 250W MH veg box as well as the 430W HPS bloom box.

I haven't seen any reviews on how Mylar would work for a cooltube as a connected reflector, but I imagine it will do juuuust fine :)

That price you quoted is a bit much for a 250W, but then again, that IS with the reflector... and you can change your reflector to any ballast!

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Wow, $340 +shipping for a 250?

I think I paid about that for 3 1kws and a 400w. Granted, 2 of those 1ks needed a new power cord. But still...

Definitely shop that around, there are much better deals out there.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
tokinafaty420 said:
try Green trees located in San diego. http://www.hydroponics.net

Plain brown boxes only.
didnt San diego fold to the feds on the med canibis clubs there ???? unsure i would order from them no offense ment. i do all my bussiness in person local hydro shops and cash payments no credit cards , honestly even if i had 2 hr drive to the nearest hydro shop. thats still safer then haven any grow releated equipment sent in your name esp to your home where you wish to grow.

350$ cash out the door :) for whats in the pic

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts