What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stealth cab closetmaid 2 door

smoothen those edges around the top fan, will reduce a bit of noise

and let it heat up without any plants in there if its a new closet, that material has glue in it (harmful to plants if not 'gassed')

jonhova

like a hand file? Ill take a look at home depot.

Tomorrow i will buy some 1/2” mdf board. Create a box around the carbon filter and put eggcrate foam as insulation. Much like this

https://www.cht farmer.com/community/threads/diy-sound-proof-box-to-silemnce-your-inline-fan.46564/

jonhova

i chose mdf because of the sound dampening properties reported at 1/2” and 3/4”. Does drywall work as effective at sound dampening at the same thickness as mdf?

MyNameIsMike

Drywall is heavier per cubic meter than mdf i.e. has more mass per the same size sheet than mdf.

Drywall is cheaper(price), easier to work with(saw vs. razor for cutting) and does very well with sound dampening.

That link has an issue so I can't see what you were referencing to but that's my .02 Sounds like for your application IMO drywall 5/8 would be better. You can also always double layer it for more thickness. Keep in mind, MDF cannot get wet or be in any sort of moisture environment. It'll ruin it.

Plywood+Drywall combo would work great. Especially if you have any scrap or sometimes lowes/home depot have a scrap pile in the back where you can salvage for small projects.

MyNameIsMike

Sure I could definitely try to give some advice or at least guide you in the right direction but are you able to provide a little bit more details as far as what you are actually trying to accomplish and maybe post specific pictures of the area of where you're trying to accomplish this so that I can have more of a visual.

jonhova

It’ a pc fan. The carbon scrubber increases the noise.

Either it can be closed off on the top and vent back down on a the sound dampening raised box or open on the top and vent directly out.

Decisions decisions

jonhova

Redesigned the carbon filter after i realized it was too damn tall.

I copied blynx design with duct tape and panty hose and plastic mesh

jonhova

Killed my last plants. I suck at watering.

Since i suck at watering seedlings i went for a retard proof method. Hempys with K.I.S.S. Method .
These are ace tropical mix regular seeds. Im hoping for a panaman, congo or honduras!
For the first 2 weeks i was feeding phed 6.0 water.

Then i tried full strength nutes and burned her a little. Thats fine it kick started some killer growth.

Backed off to 1/4 strength .45 grams per quart jar that i water with. No need to waste a gallon of water for now.

Under 54 watts, 30% humidity.

Im gonna veg for a few more weeks until they reach half way up the cabinet. Repot. Veg a week then flip.

Athos

I too suck at watering.

My solution was to start in small containers and pot up just enough, in order to make it impossible to over water.

My first run I started in the following volumes: 2 oz (60 cc), then 16 oz (470 cc), then half gallon (2 liters), later 1.5 gallon (6 liters), 3 gallon (11 liters). It was too many transplants.

This time I started in party cups (16 oz or 470 cc), 3 weeks later potted up to 2 liters (1.5 gallon), couple of weeks later (just before going 12/12) to 3 gallon (11 liters). This has worked MUCH better and the plants have developed much faster compared to starting in a big pot.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Those girls look really happy!

I'm about to get the party started too... Zamaldelica, Guawi, Nepal Jam, Tai Chi...

Are you going to crush & bend ala Blynx?

Looks like both you and me are going to need some heavy training!

From what I've gathered, seedlings should be flowered at 14 days from sprouting, I'm about to flip mine.

jonhova

Oh yea very stretchy girls i have here. 1 smells like forest fruit the other nothing yet so far. I plan on super cropping once the mainstem gets high enough like blynx.

I also have zamaldelica sitting patiently. After these get a few goes ill be plantng lady zamaldelica. I look forward to your zam grow repuk.

Ill have to figure out when to take clones to keep the next round going.any ideas on that?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I'm still deciding on how to approach cloning too.

Mine got topped, grown up to their 4st node, their vigour starting to be really noticeable.

I will possibly cut clones from each before flipping seedlings to 11/13, discarding male clones after sexing.

If you are really short on space, another possibility if you are dealing with regular seeds is cutting micro clones as soon as the plant has grown enough, and keep the seedling, pruning it as needed to keep its size, then flower the clones; discard male clones and seedling, keeping the seedling females as moms.

Truth is I'm not sure if this second method will stress the plants, my concern being getting rootbound will stress them. Terpene or Blynx will know for sure and could provide more first-hand advice.