What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maroccan Landrace

C

Columbo1

Looking good Snu!

Just harvested my Early Maroc the other day! :woohoo:

Any thoughts on how mine compares to the real deal?

Grow report below:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8192689&postcount=19

picture.php

snuicide

Looking good Snu!

Just harvested my Early Maroc the other day! :woohoo:

Any thoughts on how mine compares to the real deal?

Grow report below:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8192689&postcount=19

View Image

good job mate!!

sounds and looks like nr. 16
but I just smelled bubblegum in skunks on the fields I don't think it's a typical trait.

nr. 16 smells also sweet but it the smell is more like afgahn but with less oily components - a chalky resin

I think what we are looking for is growing high so a stretch of 100% is not enough - this may sounds odd but we are talking about an outdoor strain which reaches 2-3 m without getting watered and fertillized

nr. 11, 12, 6 and 15 are females as well
have to make better pictures that they are in for the record

snuicide

they all really don't like that much nutrients
@ 2.2 ec all of them got nutrient lock exept of nr. 6 (i guess, will check when i take pix)

I went down to 1.9 - 2.0 and they continue to blossom but got yellow leafs here and there but not from the buttom of the plant more arround the light source - properbly the ventilation is not enough after nr. 8 formed a wall in front of the ventilator

NotYourSaviour

@snuicide

Cheers. Don't know if this is a misunderstanding though regarding oil from hemp seeds: I was not refering to hash oil and am well aware of the significant difference.
I just assumed due to the article provided in this thread mentioning it that they might use that for food when baking or for salad and the like

Prices you mentioned for dutch imported are not for haze or kush strains though ; apart from that quality no matter which strain is laughable or at best ok and rarely very good, only go for hashish myself as mentioned. They also grow in Belgium for the dutch market and fuck knows where else.
Also saw average imported spanish outdoor grass there.

So what are your plans now with your moroccan crosses? You go back to Morocco? Just curious, don't worry I don't want to come with you!

What ever you do keep up your approach and enjoy:)!

snuicide

@[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NotYourSaviour[/FONT]

I personally don't like the prohibited article because it is just scratching on the surface and using cliches and I personally disagree with several parts of the ariticle
but a diverse discussion should be about all aspects and the pictures are really good and my impressions can be also wrong

I never saw or hear about moroccans using seeds for food and with all the waste between the seeds I would doubt they do so.

Well the whole room is smelling awesome
I will have a look on the following crosses

nr. 3 x nr. 16
nr. 3 x nr. 8
nr. 13 x nr. 15

while nr. 3 x nr. 8 is on top of my list

on the other hand I really want to do 40 or 80 of the seeds
to get a better impression
and of course I want them all poping within 7 days that there is no overgrowing and also older plants flower faster

I really want to go to Beirut and visit Bekaa Valley to find some Lebanese seeds.

I also would like to sell some seeds to finance deeper research

would really love to use the genotyping service of phylos bioscience
and I'm prepareing a package for them anyway to prevent these seeds / genetics from being patent in the u.s.

Also would love to stay a whole year in Morocco

Last edited:

snuicide

02-12-2018:

nr. 16

it got an remarkable fruity touch - like blueberry but even smoother
still chalky and just blooming heavy!

If the high is like the smell is now than I'm glad that I found this keeper :)
haven't expected this progress thought she is the boring one

snuicide

02-12-2018

Nr. 8 almost looks like a picture of ace seeds PCK only the smell is almost 100 % like hash passion from seedsman

also because she is now almost completely red I think this was the biggest misslead

snuicide

02-12-2018

nr. 5

Like her very much because she develops big fingers and got just huge

she is the slowest and reacts bad to ec values higher than 1.6

a little bit the bottle nec but if the grow would be focused on just her it would be an heavy yielder - really nice structure!

lacking smell - slightly oily notes which are very unlike usual afgahni or hash I have met so far

Last edited:

snuicide

the d700 can't handle Kelvin below 2000 so next time another camera and more pictures ;) - at least at the harvest we have an different light

nr. 8 could be harvested in a week
nr. 16 is slightly behind

but nr. 5 will need 2 more + 1 of flush

thats why I will go for 3 more weeks

the ~10 days of 14/10 lightning also lead to a slightly different flower period
the hairs are orange/brown at most parts of the plant while the trichchromes just started to heavily produce resin which started to turn milky

Last edited:

snuicide

Sorry for no updates in the last weeks! You guys have to be patient for anouther one!

Next weekend is harvest time :)

I'm so absolutly in hashhaven and I will do my best that you will get the same feeling

btw. I made a little mistake in the last posts: I corrected nr. 15 to nr. 5!

nr 15 btw. is like nr. 11, 12 and 6 alive :)
nr. 15 was nutrient locked at 1,2 ec! I think it is because of its heritage from a landrace
the smell is like nr. 16 but more stretched and low yielding.

nr. 16 ladys and gentleman is so unbelivable sticky! I was looking for mold - they are all 100 % mold resistant due to fluffy budstructures and they are all sticky but nr. 16 is killing it.

I did some more research about pakis and nr. 5 and 11 are mostly paki. Nr. 5 just looks like a Paki whith it's slightly purple color and the typical budstructure.

Nr. 11 is a hybrid - the structure is a mix of nr. 5 and nr. 16.
It has a slightly coffee/chocolate smell which is a trait of pakis as well. Not a big yielder but fair enough.

nr. 15 and 16 have the exact same smell. Hash with a superb fruity note.

I dipped a paper on some buds the past weekend and wow! A visual and inspiring high without paranoid sideffects. Strong but not forcing you to the couch.

stay tuned :)

snuicide

Chop Suey from 16.03.2018

I'm busy so I will look through the pictures during the next days and upload the good ones

for the beginning:

Nr. 16

C

Columbo1

Nice work on the Moroccans their Snu. Glad to see you gots some potent and tasty buds too :)

snuicide

Next thing to do: Smoke Reports :)

I ve built an ebbflow system with an old small greenhouse for seedlings. I made a selection of early Grapefruit Hazes (I work on these since 2 1/2 year) and the system works. It just stood next to this grow catching the light which went through the big ladys. Seeds will be ready next week. Works with half-cutted partycups.

I think I will try to do like 80 to 160 plants in a similar system next. Want to catch more phenos to see whats really goin on but at least this is going to be a nice purple hashstrain shish :)

Latest posts

Latest posts