What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smart Meters - a few common misconceptions cleared up here.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Look out the window. Out there, you can find the co2 that should be there. You can also see we are re-releasing co2 that we have dig up. The stuff tree's took in, and locked away over millennia.

Just look. It's 10am in winter here. Every home is pumping out a stream of exhaust gas, containing co2 that we have dug up again. The homes that don't, are using power created predominantly the same way.

Look how long the coal seams took to form, and how quick we burnt them. Just how many co2 absorbing tree's did it take to make a barrel, and how many of them are we re-releasing each day.

Sheeple believe what they are told. TV. Spoken word. Books. It's all spoon fed. The optimistic sheep choose to believe everything will be fine, the moment somebody suggests it could be so. The vast majority of us are optimistic sheeple. Going around saying everything is fine. It's simple logic, that has people doing nothing to save themselves.

If your capable, then look out the window with your eyes open. We are taking locked away co2 from underground, and putting it back in the atmosphere. There is no question about that. We have today's co2 and some from history. Quantify that amount from history. The time to took to form, and the speed we are getting it back.

It never fails to amaze me, how people can be so incapable of original thought, that they will believe what they are told, when something entirely different is before them.

St. Phatty

Sheeple believe what they are told. TV. Spoken word. Books. It's all spoon fed. The optimistic sheep choose to believe everything will be fine, the moment somebody suggests it could be so. The vast majority of us are optimistic sheeple. Going around saying everything is fine.

Weakness in STEM is one of the things that turn people into non-thinkers.

A formula that almost everybody was exposed to high school chemistry, describes CO2 formation -

PV= nRT

Pressure, Volume, n= number of moles, R is a gas constant, T is temp.

Industrial needs leads us (people) to burn about 1 cubic mile of coal a year, and 1 cubic mile or oil.

Of course, the coal is in Solid form & the oil is in liquid form & then refined. The CO2 is in gas form. 1 cubic mile of coal, and oil, when burned ... well holy moly, that is about 200 cubic miles of CO2. Every year, mixed into the bigger atmosphere.

Long story short, plants have as much CO2, without supplementation, as I used to give my plants in the early 90's, with supplementation.

The unfortunate way that that affects many of us is, Wildfire.

When I bought a flat of about 180 baby pine, Doug Fir, and cedar trees from the BLM, the tree scientist was very sure to caution me about my plans.

I was talking about giving the trees compost and watering them extra.

He pointed out that that creates a danger, since the plant grows bigger with the extra food & water.

Then, mid-summer, it runs smack into a wall moisture wise, and becomes a dry super-flammable thing. Especially the Cedar.

Anyway, the extra CO2 ties in to what the BLM guy was trying to warn me about when I talked about giving his baby trees compost and Cannabis-type attention.

Did the math for the volume of the atmosphere. :woohoo:

Roughly, 3 Billion Cubic Miles. Calc. was based on 15 miles of atmosphere with even pressure - obviously simplified.

4/3 pi R R R

1.33 x 3.14 x 4000 x 4000 x 4000
vs. 1.33 x 3.14 (4015 4015 4015 - 4000 4000 4000)

64722703375 - 64000000000

3018153834.675 cubic miles

3 Billion Cubic Miles of Gas.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
That power consumption isn't much, but it's the way you take it. If you have already raised suspicion, which you must of for them to be looking, then a 12/12 consumption pattern is a dead giveaway. It's not that it's 100w or 10,000w it's the fact it's 12/12 that makes you look like a grower. This 12/12 won't be the only piece of the puzzle, if they got permission to look, then that took other pieces. What they need from your consumption is proof of unusual usage. Now 12/12 at 10,000w would be almost beyond doubt, but the 12/12 is more unusual than the 10,000w

For this reason, people use the flip flops. To stop the 12 hour spike in usage. Then the historical record of your power consumption won't show your grow and flower cycles in a manner any judge can see aint right

ningning

New solar setups dont use batteries....or so I am told.
this what i heard,there something called light pipe ,maybe,i don't know english name excatly,lt don't storeage light,just conduction light on day time.it cheap and usually use on factory and underground parking.
you could seach lt,if you know any one use this,could you tell me how's it gonging?i don't know is that could use on grown,i have see some picture,it looks cheap,i doubt it power of collect light

bigpeter

I got my smart meter installed yesterday. This picture was taken with everything in flat turned off except grow, two 6 inch extractor fans and spider farmer SF2000 4p per hour. I dont think there will be any problems here.

picture.php

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
300w light and a couple of fans seems realistic at ~400w but that 4p means your power is 10p a kwh which is unbelievably cheap. Quotes here are about 24p

bigpeter

I spoke too soon, at 0700 the price went up to 7p an hour and there is a daily charge of 23.41p Turns out I've been put on economy7 which I believe is cheap rate between midnight and 0700. I'll be using that when I switch to flowering in a few weeks time.

sshz

The issue is, the more electricity you use, they'll monitor it and then they'll jump you up to the next level and the price will be twice as much.

grayeyes

Every Republican (Trumpublican)

Every Republican (Trumpublican)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

OilGuy

Thanks so much for sharing - odds are that you've saved someone's grow or even their freedom by doing so. I'll be more mindful of this going forward.