What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House caught fire

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
damn man, im super sorry to hear about that hawk'
i hope you are able to get some help, lots of good advice here from the other posters

way to go useless'; it sounds like you have been in his shoes and have a really good idea of what hes going through
if nothing else im sure any advice you could offer would help out our man tremendously

WelderDan

Veteran
Dam bro, I'm sorry to hear this. As has already been mentioned, most places have a food bank. Local churches are usually good for food and clothing. You probably qualify for emergency aid. Check your local Social Services about temporary lodging/shelter space. See if there is a local St Vincent de Paul charity. They assist with temp housing, food, etc. Goodwill has clothes, kitchen items, etc super cheap. If I can think of anything else I'll PM ya

shithawk420

Veteran
Bummer dude. Good luck. Just curious. Was the fire a result of your grow room?

No thank god. Sorry I should of added details. I live in the country so field mice made a nest in my stove. Caught fire in seconds. I was actually gonna get a grow going too.tons of cops and firefighters from different countries came. Broke all my shit and threatened to arrest me cause I was mad:tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh and thanks a million guys. Internet is very scarce but I’ll add details and updates when I can. Again thanks for all the support guys. I want to post a couple of pics to let you guys know what I’m working with.luckily we can do the labor but materials are the hard part. Firefighters broke all my windows etc

troutman

Seed Whore
I almost died in a fire in the late 90's. So I know how stressing home fires that can be. :frown:

Waking up to 3 foot flames off the ceiling isn't something I'll ever forget.

Even the firemen were surprised I woke up.

They said carbon monoxide usually kills you before the flames do.

Green Squall

No thank god. Sorry I should of added details. I live in the country so field mice made a nest in my stove. Caught fire in seconds. I was actually gonna get a grow going too.tons of cops and firefighters from different countries came. Broke all my shit and threatened to arrest me cause I was mad:tiphat:

Definitely not just a problem out in the country. A couple years ago I had mice build a nest in my new cars blower motor. And before that with my old car, they were shitting and pissing on the accelerator cable to the point where it got stuck when I was going 35mph. Both the regular and emergency brakes wouldn't even stop the car, until my brain clicked into gear and I put the car into neutral. Still can't believe I avoided an accident on that one. Mechanic said bounce dryer sheets work great for keeping mice away.

hayday

Veteran
Dang it Shithawk, I'm really sorry to hear this. I am kinda glad you didn't have a grow going or it could be alot worse. Keep posting when you can, maybe all us in this community can get you a leg up.
Keep lookin forward Sir

shithawk420

Veteran

bro... you're out in the country, is your well now condemned? can you check on that?
Sorry. I should clarify a ton of things but I’m still working on that. Technically I live in a town of 500. I live on the very edge. On the other side of my property line is a cornfield owned by farmers that have nothing to do with me. So technically I have a water tower. But to the rest of 90% of the country I might as well live smack dab middle of nowhere. I’m sorry if I’m confusing. My blood pressure is through the roof and I need a drink.this is my first fire and it’s been a real sobering and kick you in the face experiment.

So I do have SNAP benefits for food.i can get dog food at the pantry. Problem is no gas money or license. My dad will drive but he hasn’t had a license in 30 years cause he’s an ex con. I’m not gonna ask him to do it.

Im in central Illinois. They don’t wanna help nobody with nothing. When I applied for my Snap the lady was rude as hell and wanted to flat out deny me because I was a single male with no kids.single females with kids get priority and I agree for the most part but I thought they were supposed to have money set aside for fire victims?

I got an appointment tomorrow with county aid or whatever it’s called but I’m not too optimistic. Hopefully I’ll be able to let you guys know what they say. This has been a real wakeup call for me and I think everyone needs to be aware of these kinds of things. Can happen to anyone. :thank you:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
:huggg: Good luck shithawk. I really don't know what else to say that hasn't been already said, but know people are here for you bro.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Ouch sorry to hear that ShitHawk... Sending vibes!

Nothing to add that haven´t been said, I absolutely second insurance companies will try to weasel out without doubt, don´t let them!

I also agree: Asking with a smile (attitude) can make all the difference.

So you're actually trying to rebuild your house?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Also am I the only stoner who has misread this as Horse caught fire and was just worried about that poor horse for a second before they realized what it said?

shithawk420

Veteran
lol Agent!thanks for bringing back memories of when i our barn caught fire and killed our rare sicilian donkey! just kidding.that was like 20 years ago.just messing. anyway thanks again guys for the support.first time ive had internet in what seems like forever.

so i went to red cross and because i didnt get a hold of them in 7 days,{all lies}called evryday and said they would get back to me.fucking liars.all i got got was a voucher for a resale shop for used clothes.not to be rude but they are mosltly clothes left behind from widowers and nothing fits me.my size is 30x32 so its hard to find pants and such.

yeah im trying to rebuild repuk.i need new rafters and and siding.its bad but not too bad if i had the material.i got a few numbers from red cross but im not holding my breath.i havent showered in a week.at least i can use my toilet in the house.the garage isnt so bad.

i know this is a stupid question but if my insurance is expired can i try to squeeze anything out of the insurance company?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol Agent!thanks for bringing back memories of when i our barn caught fire and killed our rare sicilian donkey! just kidding.that was like 20 years ago.just messing. anyway thanks again guys for the support.first time ive had internet in what seems like forever.

so i went to red cross and because i didnt get a hold of them in 7 days,{all lies}called evryday and said they would get back to me.fucking liars.all i got got was a voucher for a resale shop for used clothes.not to be rude but they are mosltly clothes left behind from widowers and nothing fits me.my size is 30x32 so its hard to find pants and such.

yeah im trying to rebuild repuk.i need new rafters and and siding.its bad but not too bad if i had the material.i got a few numbers from red cross but im not holding my breath.i havent showered in a week.at least i can use my toilet in the house.the garage isnt so bad.

i know this is a stupid question but if my insurance is expired can i try to squeeze anything out of the insurance company?[/QUOTE]

Not a stupid question....it's similar to having a car accident and not having insurance. You are responsible for damages and insurance won't help make you whole since there was no insurance in place.

shithawk420

Veteran
thank you so much cosmic and arid.i totally forgot about them.red cross never even brought H4H.i dont know if im getting fucked cause im in bumfuct or not but thank you guys so much for bringing that that up.this is the whole reason i made this thread.thanks guys

MrBungle

I'm really sorry to hear about your circumstances S-Hawk.. I just read the first page and last page of this thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned, but contact habitat for humanities.. They might be able to help you