What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to Neutrally do Open Pollination - predominance early Male?

Veggia farmer

How To do the best way:

Start seeds, veg for how long you can and want.

Start to flower..

AND if you have optional, remove the males in another room, yep! maybe just I a room, of course best with a light, but also work GOOD with a room with some window light..!

When all females on average is on top of fresh pistils and the males on average is on top of shredding pollen( always some who shoot pistil early and die back also early, and always some males who almost stopp shredding pollen when some of the other bros just start, just like us LOL) the waiting time is over ORGY!! Me personally just let the males be there until the die, your one choosing, and after the last pollen, just wait and watch them babies grow bigger and harder each day.. still watch out for some stuff.. Some seed can germinate one the mother if its humid or moist caught between the buds! And if you pollinate over a few weeks, look for seeds on the floor.. Some moms drop seed before others are done..

After flower, dry the seeds good and well.

Storage I dont want to talk so much about, just do it proper! Some say freeze for longterm, refrigerator or glass jar in the cellar (wine cellar is good)

Veggia farmer

Further breeding on the line...

Now I dont have any knowledge about which seed is from which male. This to CAN EASILY be controlled if you like control over chaos. pollinate one bud per male etc...!

BUT I have knowledge over which seed is from which mom. ONE CONTAINER PER MOM, still if you like control over chaos, LOL.

Then take EXACT SAME NUMBER OF SEED FOR EACH MOM ( AND DAD,If you did it the "perfect" way in this method). Just for the sake of the cause, 100 seed per mom, will guarantee that this is something we can use for further preserving the line OR better, enhance it with BREEDING.

Last edited: