What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars hydro ts1000 test

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Thanks for your professional review, looking forward to the flower

Thank you!
It is a pleasure to test this light... they are growing vigorously, and I have had to defoliate some of the larger leaves, which is letting plenty of shoots out.
I will take some more photos tomorrow. :tiphat:

GGNo2

Hey Mr brunch.
I'm looking at Mars hydro lights at the moment but there's a lot of negative stuff said online it's kinda got me on the back foot about the units.

Ive always used hps, I'm about to lose the space I currently grow in after I've cropped this current 30 pot grow in June.
Then I'm going to be back to growing in a small tent back at home. Either using a 400w hps or the very Mars hydro unit you're testing.

I'm going to grab a seat and watch your progress into flower with interest.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Hey Mr brunch.
I'm looking at Mars hydro lights at the moment but there's a lot of negative stuff said online it's kinda got me on the back foot about the units.

Ive always used hps, I'm about to lose the space I currently grow in after I've cropped this current 30 pot grow in June.
Then I'm going to be back to growing in a small tent back at home. Either using a 400w hps or the very Mars hydro unit you're testing.

I'm going to grab a seat and watch your progress into flower with interest.

Cheers for looking in mate, they are growing lovely at the moment ( pictures soon I promise, been so busy with my little lady)
I guess the real test will be when the buds show. :tiphat:
What size tent are you planning on?

Kree73

420giveaway
Just a thought ... There is some negative feedback with led units and the only one I would even think about entertaining in argument would be heat difference between traditional means and led . This is because ... Most of the other arguments have become nulled due to tech advancements. Things like penetration , spectrum ,ease and cost etc have all been addressed and improved over time . If I could afford a completely new setup . It would be led without a doubt . As an electricial improver this is a logical step . I

Led us the way to be

Kree73 out

GGNo2

Aye I can't wait to see flower happening.
A very small tent. 2.7ftx2.7ft. It's literally all I can fit in the space I have available.

Massive difference in the 3m x 3m I'm using at the moment. Its just the property I'm growing in isn't going to be available for me after july.
So having to pack up.
Wanted to keep growing just as a little hobby as I enjoy it.
I'm just trying to figure out if I should use hps/led and photo/auto.

I see your girls be loving the led in veg they look perfect but we all know flower results is where its important. I used to pull 10-14oz from 4 plants in a little tent with a 400w hps. I need to know this is possible with led before I part with my cash.
Lots of videos online of Mars gear in action on YouTube but most videos are using cfl too so not really showing the led units proper potential.
I know I can trust your reviews so here I am lol

R

Rab.C

i look forward too seeing your new pics mrbrunch.

i agree Kree73 i would change too led if i could cover my 3x3 tent

but i dont see it happening soon as the cost is too much for me at the minute

GGNo2

Yup on paper it's a no brainer moving to led but actual results is what I'm looking for before I decide.
I wanted to try Mars as they're reasonably priced but I'm not willing to gamble my time on something I have no clue on.

Kree73

420giveaway
i look forward too seeing your new pics mrbrunch.

i agree Kree73 i would change too led if i could cover my 3x3 tent

but i dont see it happening soon as the cost is too much for me at the minute

Yeah me too . Although they are becoming cheaper :dance013:

Kree73

420giveaway
Yup on paper it's a no brainer moving to led but actual results is what I'm looking for before I decide.
I wanted to try Mars as they're reasonably priced but I'm not willing to gamble my time on something I have no clue on.

I fully understand :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Aye I can't wait to see flower happening.
A very small tent. 2.7ftx2.7ft. It's literally all I can fit in the space I have available.

Massive difference in the 3m x 3m I'm using at the moment. Its just the property I'm growing in isn't going to be available for me after july.
So having to pack up.
Wanted to keep growing just as a little hobby as I enjoy it.
I'm just trying to figure out if I should use hps/led and photo/auto.

I see your girls be loving the led in veg they look perfect but we all know flower results is where its important. I used to pull 10-14oz from 4 plants in a little tent with a 400w hps. I need to know this is possible with led before I part with my cash.
Lots of videos online of Mars gear in action on YouTube but most videos are using cfl too so not really showing the led units proper potential.
I know I can trust your reviews so here I am lol

I think these are listed as covering a 3x3 area- but they also say intended to replace a 250w so not really sure.
Personally I’d want at least a 400w or equivalent in a 3x3 , but time will tell.
In this grow it’s covering half a 1sqm tent, so 1.75 ft x 3.5 ft.
I should be able to get to my grow tomorrow to get pictures, but the light may be off by then- I’ll snap some anyway :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Well, I took a couple of pictures- but I’m no good at shooting in the dark....

picture.php
picture.php

We’re at day 9 of flower now, and it’s getting pretty busy in there... I think tomorrow I’ll remove the divide before taking pictures (with the light on, they look much better) as it’s getting hard to get an angle for the photos.

They are growing rapidly, absolutely loads of tops
Edit- I’ll try and do a small defoliation tomorrow :tiphat:

Hello all
First of all, thank you to Mars hydro for making it possible for me to test my first led!
I will document my next seed run here, but to kick things off I have split my 1 sq/m tent into two with a temporary divider/board, and I have two Chuck Norris by holy seeds in this half.
They have had 3 weeks of natural light veg and a couple of weeks under a 400w and been topped.
After these photos, I have topped them again and will give them a few days to recover, then the fun begins as I will flip em.

View Image View Image View Image View Image

My mars hydro ts-1000 arrived to me lookn like hulk hogan gave it leg drop... I hadta bend back the outer edges of heatsink. Also my light looks the same as yours except my light dont say mars hydro in middle of board like yours does.. Hoping mine isnt sum knock off version. I contacted mars to tell them i had a hour of manual labor to do cause of damage that occurred to my light. The light works fine but didnt enjoy shaping my light back to how it should of been from get go.. I wood of thought that mars wood of refunded at least half of my cost considering i hadta wait 3 weeks for light that was damaged and now see that others had etching in middle of board...? Hell heres a example of a company that values its customers... Trc electric sells drivers to power my hlg quantums. I bought 2 drivers for 100 bucks. I got my packages from them and same thing as mars, one driver had a big dent in the outer casing..? I emailed tbem to let em know bout the dent.. Without asking me they replied back saying that they refunded my 100 bucks just to keep the drivers.. Both drivers worked fine just 1 looked like Mark McGuire took batting practice it.. But trc will b my go to electrical company for life cause they showd concern bout me and my order.. Mars got back to me a week later and said that they wood make sure to add extra styrafoam to their orders from then on....? Didnt ask if i wanted new one or even a partial refund?? The light is dam good and i like it but definitely makes me leary to place another order with tbem because of how they handled my first problem.. Then to see now that my light has no etching in middle of board makes me think it was sum generic version of the ts-1000? Sorry for long reply just little frustrated with them. Thx buddy good luck:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Just gave a watering and noticed the first white hairs appearing...
I’ll get some pictures later :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
sweet, can't wait to see how they turn out with the led. Just switched mine to flower. How much of a temp difference are you noticing?

Noticing lots of difference in the heat, which is a big bonus this time of year... come winter time I’ll probably open up the tent again and run it alongside a 400w to keep the heat up. :tiphat:

Kree73

420giveaway
Shame you can't put your tent in front of a radiator . Thermostat controlled obviously :dance013:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Shame you can't put your tent in front of a radiator . Thermostat controlled obviously :dance013:

True mate, although at the moment the summer is dealing with the heat side of things.
Next round I’ll have to use the whole tent (or I’ll run out of medicine) and this size led wont cover 1sqm , so I’ll probably end up combining it with the 400w.
If I had the cash, I’d get another led to run alongside instead... but I gave up my paying job to be full time carer for my little girl (well worth it, and the best career move I ever made) so I’ll probably work with what I’ve got.... and that will clear up any low-heat issues :tiphat: