What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars hydro ts1000 test

Kree73

For budget, you can’t really beat a magnetic 600W son ballast- you can pick them up on amazon brand new for about 30 quid
Not led, or mars of course (sorry mars) but it would cover your space and set you back a lot less £

Get a 600W ... That does seem like a logical action :party:

Cannavaro

Hi! Give me advice, please! I have a ts1000 and a 70x70x160 tent. I've red a lot about this, but didn't find a proper base advice about the distance and the intensity(!) of the light.. ok, i've found some but all was different(autoflowers in soil) for example: in the seedling stage - 50-60cm and 25%-40% dimm... 10-15000 LUX etc. Can you help me pls by Your experience?
Thx in advance!

mr.brunch

Veteran
I had the light at roughly 12 inches above, probably a bit less in flower :tiphat:
I try and set it so it just covers the footprint and touches the side of the tent- then move it up gradually as the plants grow, keeping that same effect.
Not very scientific I know, and I’m a little stoned
Edit: I didn’t dim mine at all, full strength throughout.
I’ve seen people mention that they make the plants use minerals faster, but I’ve not noticed any issues- possibly because I’m in a hard water area, so much higher in calcium

Cannavaro

Oh my god.. another value/setting that i've never red before, and it seems way closer and stronger in intensity than i thought :-o Thank you, Mr. Brunch :) The water is hard here too, so it worth a try.
And just to be sure, you have TS1000 too, right? :)

Anyone else? Other experiences or opinions?

mr.brunch

Veteran
Oh my god.. another value/setting that i've never red before, and it seems way closer and stronger in intensity than i thought :-o Thank you, Mr. Brunch :) The water is hard here too, so it worth a try.
And just to be sure, you have TS1000 too, right? :)

Anyone else? Other experiences or opinions?

Yes, a ts-1000- also have the ts2000.
If you check from the start of the thread, you can see my results
All the best

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hi! Give me advice, please! I have a ts1000 and a 70x70x160 tent. I've red a lot about this, but didn't find a proper base advice about the distance and the intensity(!) of the light.. ok, i've found some but all was different(autoflowers in soil) for example: in the seedling stage - 50-60cm and 25%-40% dimm... 10-15000 LUX etc. Can you help me pls by Your experience?
Thx in advance!

Hi Buddy, here are my suggestions.
If you use the light at max power all the time. seedling: 24-30 inches. Vegging: 18-24inches. Flowering: 12-18 inches. Hope this is helpful.

Latest posts

Latest posts