What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Highest CBD Content strain?

hey guys was just wondering is charlottes web still king of the hill for highest cbd content strain?

looking for strain with the highest percentage of CBD and as close to null THC as possible

any ideas? thanks for your time :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 ACDC (The Marijuana Strain That Leaves You Feeling Thunderstruck) ...
2 Charlotte's Web (The World's Most Famous Marijuana Strain) ...
3 Ringo's Gift (The Marijuana Strain That Has Nothing to do With Ringo Starr!) ...
4 Harle-Tsu (The Painkilling Marijuana Strain)
5 Harlequin is one of the most popular CBD strains available

Top CBD Hemp Strains:

Berry Blossom
Cherry Kandahar S1
Chardonnay
Elektra
Cherry Wine
Lifter

thailer

i just got back some test results on this new strain i got called Master Hemp by Seedsman. theres four plants and i'm still waiting on results for the other three but so far, plant 1 tested 0.5% thc and 14% cbd. the seed description said plants ranging with levels of 12-16% cbd and avg 0.3% thc, so it seems as advertised, except we didn't get purple buds like whats reported in 30% of the offspring but we only had the four beans germinate.

Thanks yall for your help

maybe this thread can be a mainstay for other people looking for this kind of info

i am thinking about going with charlottes web because i've heard reports of good flavors associated with citrus and cherries along with relatively high 20% CBD levels

hopefully people continue to work with high cbd plants and we can have more of them in the future, even though they get alot less attention than their high THC counterparts :)

PDX Dopesmoker

AC/DC Pennywise from TGA is this highest testing lab result I've seen, but suspension of disbelief with respect to lab reports in the cannabis business isn't something I'm ready to engage in yet. Something called Swiss Tsunami was a CBD heavy hitter a couple years ago, but I haven't heard much about it lately. Moser Seeds and Sunny Cheeba are the two TGA subunits which were responsible for the AC/DC Pennywise success as far as I've heard.

Green Squall

AC/DC Pennywise from TGA is this highest testing lab result I've seen, but suspension of disbelief with respect to lab reports in the cannabis business isn't something I'm ready to engage in yet. Something called Swiss Tsunami was a CBD heavy hitter a couple years ago, but I haven't heard much about it lately. Moser Seeds and Sunny Cheeba are the two TGA subunits which were responsible for the AC/DC Pennywise success as far as I've heard.

Ya, I'm not sure what to expect from my lone plant, which is 2 weeks into flowering right now. I only got 1/5 seeds to pop, which was a disappointment, but the seed bank was understanding enough to send me a replacement.

PDX Dopesmoker

Good luck, hopefully you get a tasty one thats worth the trouble. I met up with a great tasting, CBD heavy Pennywise a few years ago so theres little doubt that there is the genetic potential for really great plants out of those seeds if you're looking for lemony CBD, but I have no idea how many seeds you've got to go through to get the good ones. With luck its less than 6.

Letsbe

Dynasty and Professor P. have some high cbd strains going under the Relic seeds brand. Anybody growing them?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Med Tree Seeds. Not sure how you can throw all the randoms in the equation without actually discussing the company who wins CBD cups REGULARLY, not just hit and miss.

I think their highest tested so far is a 22.5% CBD with .9% THC in their Richness F2 line.

The best accessible CBD company is by far Med Tree. No question about it.

dank.Frank

PDX Dopesmoker

Med Tree Seeds. Not sure how you can throw all the randoms in the equation without actually discussing the company who wins CBD cups REGULARLY, not just hit and miss.

I think their highest tested so far is a 22.5% CBD with .9% THC in their Richness F2 line.

The best accessible CBD company is by far Med Tree. No question about it.

dank.Frank

Hype is more influential than diligent effort in the marijuana seed business, hopefully that explains the apparent discrepancy you're highlighting.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It absolutely is, unfortunately.

I mean, ECt got into CBD before there was even a category for it at various cup events. He started down that path, to help his father find relief, as he was dying from brain cancer. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with an emerging market. His work is spirit and soul driven for a real cause and purpose.

He's not out there just trying to fill a void in the industry hoping to profit off the existing gap in available genetics - like so many other scammers.

No hype. Real medicine. Med Tree Seeds. :joint:

dank.Frank

Lyfespan

sohum seeds, no hype, real medicine

makers of so many of the cbd strains everyone else is claiming as their own work.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I also went with SoHum Seeds, basing my decision on their reputation with the cannabis community and relative location. Real world roots in medicinal cannabis and the opportunity to purchase direct from the breeders, owners made it a simple decision.

Initially I didn't comment since aridbud summed it up well. Those five and Med Tree Seeds from ECtraveler on here are popular and available in local stores in the US.

Resin Seeds and CBD Crew are big in Europe. I'm sure there are others. It's good to support those doing it for the right reasons.

"Lawrence also met Jaime of Resin Seeds, a historic meeting between the two most experienced breeders of the US CBD wave."
One line pulled from an article on Cannatonic: https://www.softsecrets.com/gb/news/international/cannatonic-cornerstone-cbd-rich-plants/

Last edited:
1 ACDC (The Marijuana Strain That Leaves You Feeling Thunderstruck) ...
2 Charlotte's Web (The World's Most Famous Marijuana Strain) ...
3 Ringo's Gift (The Marijuana Strain That Has Nothing to do With Ringo Starr!) ...
4 Harle-Tsu (The Painkilling Marijuana Strain)
5 Harlequin is one of the most popular CBD strains available

Top CBD Hemp Strains:

Berry Blossom
Cherry Kandahar S1
Chardonnay
Elektra
Cherry Wine
Lifter

Yes these are the best ones.

Also MM Genetics makes good High CBD strains.

Almost stabile Hybrids.

Candida CD-1 (Medical Marijuana Genetics): Candida CD-1 is an extremely popular medicinal cannabis strain, boasting one of the highest CBD concentrations of any strain currently on the market (up to 20%). It is known to produce two unique phenotypes, an indica and a sativa. Candida CD-1 tends to flower in just 9 weeks and contains less than 1% THC.

They have also MASTERHEMP today that is up to 30% CBD and less than 1% THC
MM GENETICS - MASTERHEMP check them out also.
I have seen lab results whit 16-18% CBD from these actually
OK results shows NOT 30 CBD
16-18% they show.

Anyway 15%+ CBD is crazy ! ALOT it is

There is also more important things.
USE ALSO UV LIGHTS if you do them indoors.

Most led got UV today. Then you dont need extra UV

If you use HPS then add some UV light from ZOO shop.
Terrarium lights.

UV actually boost CBD i have read.

if you grow outside you have naturally UV.

Indoors you can add this if you dont have any UV like HPS lights

I have read tests before,

The UV did boost CBD.
only CBD,

UV dont boost the THC
this was professionals LAB tested i read about before.

If you only grow high CBD plants ? Try also have som extra UV even if you have led light with UV. They are not so strong anyway.

You maybe want add even more.
Like 50w UV light in 100cm area.
And maybe 100-150w UV lamp if you run HPS or other lights withous UV.

Also nutrients you want something that boosts the OIL levels i have read.

I must stop writing now sorry. I need food now PANIK.
I can write the Nutrients that boost CBD oil levels they claim .
i know both chemical and organic , there is different brands and so.

MUST go now
i write more later :)

sorry

see ya later aligator

Lyfespan

I also went with SoHum Seeds, basing my decision on their reputation with the cannabis community and relative location. Real world roots in medicinal cannabis and the opportunity to purchase direct from the breeders, owners made it a simple decision.

Initially I didn't comment since aridbud summed it up well. Those five and Med Tree Seeds from ECtraveler on here are popular and available in local stores in the US.

Resin Seeds and CBD Crew are big in Europe. I'm sure there are others. It's good to support those doing it for the right reasons.

"Lawrence also met Jaime of Resin Seeds, a historic meeting between the two most experienced breeders of the US CBD wave."
One line pulled from an article on Cannatonic: https://www.softsecrets.com/gb/news/international/cannatonic-cornerstone-cbd-rich-plants/
i forgot about resin, im still sitting on those cbd seeds too, got durga mata II and nebulaII and one oher i beileve