What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida seeks to limit strength of smokable medical marijuana

Spinme

Why don't they start by limiting alcohol strength.
Inebriation can cause violent rage
Alcohol poisioning liver failure real brain damage and all kinds of horrible shit in real life

soil margin

Veteran
They are going to try this everywhere they think they can get away with it, just watch and see.

Makes sense from a tax/revenue perspective. Limit the strength of smoked weed by half of what it normally was, now you got people buying twice as much weed, but it's not going to be half as expensive. It will be 20% cheaper or something. Now you got way more revenue and more tax collected than would be in an unrestricted market, every greedy politician's dream.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
But can buy oils in the 90% range all day long.

they look at it like "only hippies smoke pot. sick people take pills, oils...if you want to smoke it, then it is not medical; you just want to get fucked up, and WE are gonna STOP you....':biggrin: MORONS.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Government: Haha since we're loosing the war on drugs we'll just legalize it and make the weed really shitty so no one wants any. That'll show'em!

Growers: Check out this new polyhybrid I just made.

EvergreenState

Government is always the same and it will never change. Government is about two things: #1- First and foremost is getting it's cut. Government ALWAYS thinks it deserves a cut of the action and it will take it's cut by force if necessary. It will take your property, throw you in jail, whatever it takes to get it's cut. Look at government the same as you would organized crime Protection Rackets. They come in your business and tell you how much they want and then beat the shit out of you and bust up your business if you don't give it to them. They provide no real service, it's about TAKING their cut.
#2- Control! Government will tell you what you can do and what you can't do all under the deception of safety. Government will tell you they are there to make you safe and to REGULATE! All regulation is there, ultimately, to make sure, once again, to get #1, it's cut.
When states and citizens vote for legalization, this is what you get. Government doesn't believe in letting the market weed out bad products or products that don't work for people. In other words, government doesn't trust people to use their own good judgment. Government is arrogant and condescending to it's citizens it is suppose to represent and it thinks knows better. Government operates under the arrogant conclusion that it is much smarter than citizens and therefore needs to force citizens to obey it's conclusions.
Government decides what is good for you and what is not. It will tell you what you can have and what you can't. It will tell you where you can buy it, who runs the shops (licensed owners, for a large license fee) and all for a very large fee (revenue) of course.
Then they will tell you they will use part of the extortion money ( extortion-the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats), to enforce it's new regulations (government run monopoly), by giving it law enforcement ( strong arm or the muscle) in order to protect it's new government run monopoly.
You will be controlled by force and they will take their money by force. You will submit, you will obey and most importantly, you will pay.

Badfishy1

Why don't they start by limiting alcohol strength.
Inebriation can cause violent rage
Alcohol poisioning liver failure real brain damage and all kinds of horrible shit in real life

Oh, like how you can’t buy a 40oz beer but can buy a half gallon of liquor? Same shit, different sack to lick

Badfishy1

Government is always the same and it will never change. Government is about two things: #1- First and foremost is getting it's cut. Government ALWAYS thinks it deserves a cut of the action and it will take it's cut by force if necessary. It will take your property, throw you in jail, whatever it takes to get it's cut. Look at government the same as you would organized crime Protection Rackets. They come in your business and tell you how much they want and then beat the shit out of you and bust up your business if you don't give it to them. They provide no real service, it's about TAKING their cut.
#2- Control! Government will tell you what you can do and what you can't do all under the deception of safety. Government will tell you they are there to make you safe and to REGULATE! All regulation is there, ultimately, to make sure, once again, to get #1, it's cut.
When states and citizens vote for legalization, this is what you get. Government doesn't believe in letting the market weed out bad products or products that don't work for people. In other words, government doesn't trust people to use their own good judgment. Government is arrogant and condescending to it's citizens it is suppose to represent and it thinks knows better. Government operates under the arrogant conclusion that it is much smarter than citizens and therefore needs to force citizens to obey it's conclusions.
Government decides what is good for you and what is not. It will tell you what you can have and what you can't. It will tell you where you can buy it, who runs the shops (licensed owners, for a large license fee) and all for a very large fee (revenue) of course.
Then they will tell you they will use part of the extortion money ( extortion-the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats), to enforce it's new regulations (government run monopoly), by giving it law enforcement ( strong arm or the muscle) in order to protect it's new government run monopoly.
You will be controlled by force and they will take their money by force. You will submit, you will obey and most importantly, you will pay.

Hence reason government LOVES value added taxes... work the way up the WHOLE chain of production. And what is even worse is having local state and federal government ALL with their hands out for a cut

stadanko

Glad to see progress in the laws but man they've got quite the cash grab going on down there. It's no surprise that cryin' John Boehner isn't crying any more. He jumped from total opposition right onto that money printing gravy train. Chugga chugga choo choo!

$77 for a 600mg vape cartridge is a steep hill to climb. $50 for a 1g syringe of RSO seems like the best deal going. $42 per 8th of 10% max thc flower? Thanks but no thanks

Badfishy1

Glad to see progress in the laws but man they've got quite the cash grab going on down there. It's no surprise that cryin' John Boehner isn't crying any more. He jumped from total opposition right onto that money printing gravy train. Chugga chugga choo choo!

$77 for a 600mg vape cartridge is a steep hill to climb. $50 for a 1g syringe of RSO seems like the best deal going. $42 per 8th of 10% max thc flower? Thanks but no thanks

Prices are a bit off, but yeah close enough.

iBogart

Veteran
TBH thc % is so overrated. It's more about the terps imo. i get high af on thc % in the tweens with a mouthwatering terp profile. Those plus 20% strains are too powerful for me. I don't use it for medicine though, so I might need something stronger if I did. I don;t know. Still the reasons behind a cap is a load of bs.

soil margin

Veteran

Right. I paid $25+tax for a decent 1/8 of 17% THC flower a few weeks ago here in Commiefornia and still felt like I was getting ripped off. $40 or more for an eighth of 10% just seems absurd. I can't imagine any somewhat saavy or educated consumers being okay with that level of pricing.

cryptop

Makes sense from a tax/revenue perspective. Limit the strength of smoked weed by half of what it normally was, now you got people buying twice as much weed, but it's not going to be half as expensive. It will be 20% cheaper or something. Now you got way more revenue and more tax collected than would be in an unrestricted market, every greedy politician's dream.

There are 14 licensees in Florida, it will be the same price save for maybe one or two.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
What ailment requires over 10% THC?

There are crazy people, ready to claim, the 10% THC, went straight to their brain.
It had no business being in their meds. That it's a psychoactive substance, which made them ill in their heads.

Even that 10% might be difficult, unless other states are shown to show even less care towards the people

We don't want MJ in a case she looses

Last edited:

Badfishy1

What ailment requires over 10% THC?

There are crazy people, ready to claim, the 10% THC, went straight to their brain.
It had no business being in their meds. That it's a psychoactive substance, which made them ill in their heads.

Even that 10% might be difficult, unless other states are shown to show even less care towards the people

We don't want MJ in a case she looses

Drs had no trouble prescribing (7) 30mg oxys/ day along with 10mg of barbiturates. Only concern there was how big pharma could prescribe more. Not really sure you, I or the government has the right to dictate what a patient needs. That is a conversation between doctors and patients

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I have several friends that moved to "The Villages" in FL. They say it is loaded with Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Fuck that shit. Give me open space, a clean woman that doesn't talk too much and has an income.