What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking about making Animated GIF with plant pics

St. Phatty

attachment.php

Just want to see if an animated GIF will 'play' on this software.

Guess so !

Using Flash CS4 as the tool to collect the images into the GIF.

Attachments

• Untitled-1_123123_anim_gif.gif
    Untitled-1_123123_anim_gif.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 37

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
awesome idea,man!
i know photoshop also has an option to make a gif file out of the layers in an image and im sure there are a few freeware/shareware programs out there that you can use to animate files

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bench Warmer has done this very thing with photos in his threads. Full rotational 360 degree views of the plants.

It's a great idea, but when using VPN/TOR, the images tend to be very jumpy. The other aspect, still images really allow you to focus in on a certain point of the plant you want to see closer or in more detail.

It's neat and fancy - but I think I still prefer standard images. Told Bench this too, much to his disappointment. LOL. I just went back and looked at his thread and he pulled them down.

I think you start putting a lot of larger .gif files on the same post or page and it really slows things down.

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bench Warmer has done this very thing with photos in his threads. Full rotational 360 degree views of the plants.

It's a great idea, but when using VPN/TOR, the images tend to be very jumpy. The other aspect, still images really allow you to focus in on a certain point of the plant you want to see closer or in more detail.

It's neat and fancy - but I think I still prefer standard images. Told Bench this too, much to his disappointment. LOL. I just went back and looked at his thread and he pulled them down.

I think you start putting a lot of larger .gif files on the same post or page and it really slows things down.

dank.Frank

I 'd like to figure how to do this. I've got a grow coming up I'd like to do a timelapse with.

Don't worry. I'll take plenty of stills as well.:biggrin:

St. Phatty

I 'd like to figure how to do this. I've got a grow coming up I'd like to do a timelapse with.

Don't worry. I'll take plenty of stills as well.:biggrin:

Flash Pro CS4 is what I use.

It does a bunch of stuff, including exporting as an animated GIF.

It's also sort of an antique.

As far as how to get it - Adobe used to have free 30 day trials.

I think they stopped that.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Flash Pro CS4 is what I use.

It does a bunch of stuff, including exporting as an animated GIF.

It's also sort of an antique.

As far as how to get it - Adobe used to have free 30 day trials.

I think they stopped that.

yeah, i think adobe stopped supporting flash a while ago but there are still a lot of freeware/ shareware gif animation programs available
it helps to have an image editing program as well, photoshops has an export to gif feature that allows you to create animations from the layers in a file

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://agentpothead.com/outdoor.gif
I just used a program called PhotoScape just combining all the jpgs from each week.
https://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php
I got a tent camera setup to take pics every hour, but it was killing my battery so I need to rewrite that code and I've just been distracted with so many other projects.

Thanks.

I've got a new tent on the way and want to take one picture a day to document the first grow in it. I think it would look pretty good at 2 frames a second.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
does not do nearly as good as if you did it manually i photoshop or something, but there are free sites too such as imgflip.com where I did these two...will be next ones in photoshop as this site is too limited in size and other things. but in a pinch it does okay/

33c2xo.gif

33mjkp.gif