What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Satellite

SolarLogos

My outdoors purple satellite came down over the weekend, some starting Friday night. They have a few amber/goldish but for the most part all cloudy. It should be a nice up high. The girls in the flower room are still going and I'm just waiting on the last few hairs to brown. The indoor girls reflowered, extending their flowering time to the middle of week 15 as of today.
Here are a few pics of the trichomes and more pics after drying and weighing.

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

How many weeks did the outdoor girl flower?

Been keeping tabs on this for fast finishing sativa strains.
Mine went 11 weeks outdoors. Mine were seedlings on 4-11, started into flower on July 1 and finished, Sept. 13. They start really early and finish early.

Hope that helps.
Peace, God bless

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm not very good at smoke reports.
For one thing, I can't ever seem to describe taste and aromas.
It really has to be a strong close odor to what I'm comparing it to.
Like, oh that's licorice, or that's cat piss or skunk or burning rubber.

But mostly I have tolerance issues and trouble absorbing THC. I hardly ever seem to catch a good buzz. Usually I catch a good one the first couple times I try a new strain. Then kinda peters out.

SolarLogos

PS7 Indoors

PS7 Indoors

Here is #7, the Oaxaca pheno. She is really, really stinky. First, she has a strong, almost skunk, but not quite cannabis smell, with pine tar and a kind of organic, rotten smell to her. No hint of cherry, no sweet smells. She is not quite ready yet. She is in week 15, but took 3 weeks to flower.

No ambers yet and I'm going to give her another 4 days at least. The buds are really firm, unlike the girls I grew outdoors.
Peace, God bless

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
P.S. 3 outdoor
picture.php

picture.php

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran

Yes indeed that looks like a Oaxaca pheno @SolarLogos, piney also fits the smell of the pure Oaxaca. :)

Pure Oaxaca grown by me (very piney, like walking through a pine needle forest)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Purple Satelitte first release grown by me (strong berry cherry like licorice smell)

picture.php

The Oaxaca has a verry fine resin profile, almost like a fine powder.

Peace

SolarLogos

Yes indeed that looks like a Oaxaca pheno @SolarLogos, piney also fits the smell of the pure Oaxaca. :)

View Image View Image View Image

Purple Satelitte first release grown by me (strong berry cherry like licorice smell)

View Image

Peace
Thank you very much for sharing that pic and information. Those orange hairs look familiar. I am doing a smoke report later today and that was one of the things I wanted to mention, very small trichomes, though lots of coverage. Not as resinous as a lot of other sativa I've grown, but she has a very strong high, not a heavy high, but very dreamy, relaxed, everything Ace describes on their site, but audibles! I had better finish the report before saying more.
Thanks again my friend,
Peace, God bless

F2F

@Pineapple Punch

@Pineapple Punch

View Image

PP - how's that Oaxaca79skull smoke? Any idea how it compares to the Oaxaca used in PS?

Cheers
F2F

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Thank you very much for sharing that pic and information. Those orange hairs look familiar. I am doing a smoke report later today and that was one of the things I wanted to mention, very small trichomes, though lots of coverage. Not as resinous as a lot of other sativa I've grown, but she has a very strong high, not a heavy high, but very dreamy, relaxed, everything Ace describes on their site, but audibles! I had better finish the report before saying more.
Thanks again my friend,
Peace, God bless

Hey, no problem. Yes smokes pretty nice, me as a sensitive person can smoke a lot of it without feeling bad, no heart racing or panick attacks. The Oaxacan line Vermontman has used in the PS is special in my Eyes. :)

Good luck, hope you like the smoke, let it cure for a while!

PP - how's that Oaxaca79skull smoke? Any idea how it compares to the Oaxaca used in PS?

Cheers
F2F

Hey F2F, the smoke is pretty friendly, there is a nice warm feeling directly between your eyes, it's like having a 3rd eye. No bad side effects, no bad come down. The Oaxaca in Purple Satellite is pretty much the same as i grew, just a purple pheno, should smoke the same as the green pheno.
One year Vermontman grew the green line and there popped up a purple pheno, he than line bred with it and later crossed the purple line with Baglung Nepali. :)

Last year i grew the Oaxaca a 2nd time and found a male with purple calyxes, but before i could use any pollen i went to prison for some weeks, of course the asshole police killed all Plants.

Peace

SolarLogos

My grow summary/notes

My grow summary/notes

Having harvested, I wanted to wrap this up with summary of my thoughts on this strain.

Strain: Purple Satellite (79 Oaxaca SkullxNepali)
Medium: Peat, EWC, Guano, Perlite.
PH: 6.8, soil, water and nutrients
Latitude: 38.5

Grown outdoors

I started the year with 7 plants. Because of plant limits, I flowered clones of all 7 indoors and kept 2 females outdoors. These plants grow vertical and didn’t really branch much voluntarily until they went into flower. They do respond to being pinched; however, the upper branches usually lag behind the two main branches at the top where it’s pinched. The 2 new branches will continue to grow somewhat vertical. Early on, I removed the branches from the bottom two nodes as they appeared very small and weak, compared to the branching starting at the 3rd set of nodes. As the Revverend pointed out, these plants put so much energy and vigor into their main stalk.
The root system goes directly down and does not go very far to the sides, mimicking the upper growth. Wide pots are not necessary for their root growth, however, I recommend them anyway as they help in keeping the plants from blowing over in the wind. That was one of the problems I had, they fall over easily because of their height. Both of mine, had 4 main vertical stalks and reached just over 6 feet from the top of the soil.

April 11: Seeds planted in the greenhouse, outdoors would have been fine here also, better bug protection in the GH.
May 23: Males showed first signs of sex. Daylight :14 hours, 29 minutes. Average temps: 54-80F
May 30: Females showed hairs. Daylight 14 hours, 39 minutes
July 1: Females begin flowering. Daylight 14 hours, 45 minutes. Average temperatures: 61-90F
September 13: Harvest. Daylight 12 hours, 31 minutes. Average temperatures: 55-90F
Most of July and August the temperatures stayed between 95-103F and all the plants did great, no sign of stress.
Pests: The only pests I had any trouble with were cutworms at harvest time. BT does work for them. I used soap and water to spray them at night, but only until they were about 18 inches tall. Rarely used any neem or pyrethrin.
Feeding: These girls are light feeders, until they get into flower. Here is another advantage wider, bigger pots, because they do become heavy feeders in flower and they will yellow a lot of leaves and you will have to feed constantly. My pot size was about 9 gallons and they were way too small.
During vegetation I only gave them water until May 26, when I started feeding them 600 ppm of liquid organic grow formula per week. During flower I fed them almost daily, as their pots dried out each day and they lost less leaves from nutrient deficiency by smaller daily feedings, working up to 1400 ppm per week. During flower, they develop a sweet, fruity smell, always reminding me of a milkshake, initially a strawberry milkshake, then cherry.

Smoke report:

Appearance: The hairs on mine are orange, I believe that is the Oaxaca influence. I did not get the lovely purple calyxes that others got on any of mine (5 girls total), however, this report is on the 2 outdoors girls. The top flowers are a medium compactness, nice for a pure sativa. The smaller flowers are much more loose, as you can easily see these are made up of a series of foxtails, so that is expected. Additionally, as Pineapple Punch stated above, the trichomes are very small, however, they are very generously dusted with them.
Smell: Pine tar, slightly floral, and developing a fermented organic smell, earthy/clay in the background.
Effects:
These flowers are just dry enough that I can start jarring them, then opening the jars to even out the moisture. Once the flowers cure, I will give another report updating the taste and smell and the weight.
I smoked half a joint at 6:30am. Taste is surprisingly smooth for not having a cure yet. The inhale is a nice soft wood and the exhale is cedar and a light hash, no incense or other tastes noted.
The first thing I notice, when taking a hit is the very quick onset. Hits right in the entire head, not just the forehead or between the eyes. As I hold in each hit, I can feel it coming on in waves. The strength of the high is hard to describe. First, it gets me really high, very high compared to most of what I have been smoking. It’ not a heavy cerebral high, but quite clear, not muddy. I can’t say it helps me focus, because it’s easy to space out on this stuff. However, my thoughts are quite clear, but after about 15-20 minutes everything becomes so dreamy. Visually, everything around me has slowed and it’s as if the air in the room is quite dense if that makes sense, while time and space is moderately distorted. As I was sitting there in this comfortable dreamland, I had this overwhelming urge to laugh for no reason. The giggles stayed with me a good 15 minutes, until the ringing appeared in my head. It was quite loud and though it’s in my head, it seems as if the sound is coming from so far away, yet loud in my head. That eventually subside after about 8 or10 minutes as I drew my attention to this amazing relaxation and every muscle in my body was like soft dough. I felt as though my head just wanted to drop to the sides and I had to focus on holding my head up. Of course, once I do that I really do have to focus on holding my head up, until I distract myself with something else, like taking the dog for a ride downtown, park and go for walks.
Outdoors is great when you smoke PS. I smoked the other half the joint around 9:00am, then my dog and I went for a walk. It was a sunny day, not a cloud in sight. The lush green plants and flowers, the colors were brighter and clearer than I recall. Perhaps that is due to the fact, that while it is dreamy and tranquil, my outer senses are also greatly enhanced. I’m keenly aware of my surroundings and I am conscious of the fact that I am noticing a lot of things I usually miss. I can’t believe how high I am, but how much at ease and how tranquil this experience is.
There is no raciness whatsoever, completely the opposite. No stone or couchlock, but the most amazing state of relaxation, all while being so dreamy.
It has legs. I did not smoke again for 6 hours and even then, I was still high.
After writing this report, I decided to look at Ace’s description. Very potent fast onset, motivating, social, not racy, laughter inducing. warm comfortable, happy. I would say, their description is pretty well spot on.
Conclusion: This plant is not too difficult to grow. If outdoors, they are best put into the ground, or pots large enough that the plant won’t tip over and will have enough access to nutrients. EWC and guano should be enough to get them through veg in a large enough pot.
Indoors, I have clones and they are quite manageable.
Because of it’s early flowering, I think it has potential as a breeding tool to flower other sativa earlier. The high is very potent, but a happy, not racy, relaxing but not lazy or tired, dreamy and very tranquil. No chance of anxiety or paranoia.
This is an outstanding strain. It’s not a trip weed, its one of the happiest and beautiful experiences I’ve had from cannabis in my many years and that is saying a lot.
Thank you Vermontman, this really is one of the most beautiful cannabis experiences. You will undoubtedly bring many warm smiles and laughter to many faces. Outstanding job! Thank you, Ace, for also making it available to us.
Thank you to everyone who participated, followed along or commented. This was a great grow about learning new things.
Peace, God bless

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good report SolarLogos. You mentioned being outdoors when you smoke this and loving that, and it not being trip weed.

The one time I did have a brief trip out moment was outdoors. None when indoors. Not sure if that is important. I have a bunch of other Mexican lines to run but will get back to this Purple Satellite in time. I would guess there is a more psychedelic pheno to be found within this line due to the one very short episode I had.

Normal stuff going on while outside and then found myself in a strange and new place, while being just outside of my home. I have lived here many years so to get a feeling like that is something.

SolarLogos

Good report SolarLogos. You mentioned being outdoors when you smoke this and loving that, and it not being trip weed.

The one time I did have a brief trip out moment was outdoors. None when indoors. Not sure if that is important. I have a bunch of other Mexican lines to run but will get back to this Purple Satellite in time. I would guess there is a more psychedelic pheno to be found within this line due to the one very short episode I had.

Normal stuff going on while outside and then found myself in a strange and new place, while being just outside of my home. I have lived here many years so to get a feeling like that is something.
Thank you very much my friend. I'm leaning more and more to the idea that maybe it wasn't so much the weed that made us paranoid, but more the right strain combined with the penalties if caught. Environment played a lot in the experience. Certainly, one would feel safer indoors, especially if the strain might cause jitters. But I can assure you, that almost any environment and a person would still feel safe and relaxed. This really is an amazing, really beautiful hybrid.

I'm patient, but at the same time a little excited to soon try my PS 7, the very Oaxaca pheno. She could be a little more psychedelic, also a good cure might brings thing more into the light. I didn't mention, but several times, while in my garage, I kept seeing an insect or something running along the edge of the workbench about 2 feet from me. Each time, there was nothing there. I realized they were visuals in my periphery vision. I'm just amazed at how calm and tranquil it is. If it could be crossed with a really lysergic, retain the calm tranquil effects, while bringing in the audible and some visual hallucinatory effects and what a winner!
Thanks again for that.
Peace, God bless

F2F

Wow. Great report guys. This one sounds like a winner. Mouth is watering...
:yummy: :yummy:

Cheers
F2F

F2F

Solar, I'm really interested to hear about your PS7. It would be cool if it carries a different high that could be identified as coming from the Oaxaca.

Cheers,
F2F

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Very nice report! Im excited to try mine! :)

Mine is one of the most beautiful ladies I ever grew! Your descriptions seem spot on so far... They grew without complaining, dark almost black stems, even on the leaves, and crazy pink purple pistil colors! We shall see what color the calyxes will end up! She grew straight up, really, really fast, they were put out to the ground a week or 2 later than my other plants but they caught up like champs... I tried supercropping them to make them branch out wthout much success.. I topped this one and tied to a tree... She still looks super happy and well nourished, no sign of rot, probably needs another 2 or 3 weeks we shall see...

The root info is very interesting, probably a good plant to do lots of plants closed up together main cola type grow... kinda the way they produce industrial hemp...

I'm really excited to see the f2s I got in these along with the Maroc from Female seeds x Purple Satellite... The male I had was beautiful, stretched like crazy with beautiful purple pollen sacks... I harvested a bit late, so some pollen flew out, which is awesome! The Maroc is about as early as the purple satellite, and has great mold and freeze resistance, last year one survived 3 light frosts and finished like a champ... so they should be some very early mold resistant phenos in there, great for northern grows...

I hope the high is as described as well, because that is my favorite type of herb. I have a chocolope cut that is lovely, grease mud and chocolate flavor and smell, ultra terpy that waters my mouth everytime and it makes me feel that way, hopefully next year I'll pick a male and cross it to the mamalope!

Enjoy some pics from a few days ago!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SolarLogos

Solar, I'm really interested to hear about your PS7. It would be cool if it carries a different high that could be identified as coming from the Oaxaca.

Cheers,
F2F
Thanks F2. PS7 is coming down tomorrow night. 90% of her hairs have withered orange with a few fresh white pistils at the tip of a few foxtails. It seems these trichomes never really turn completely opaque, but remain a little translucent. Here is a pic of her trichomes 3 days ago

After drying, everything is going into storage until Christmas. This is definitely a Holiday smoke. Of course, I do have to sample each plant and #7 will be next on my list.
This morning, after collecting some seeds, I rolled a joint of the seeded bud and smoked it sitting in my back yard. I couldn't believe the visual distortions, very strong. Time and space was greatly distorted, much more so than yesterday when I tried it. It was within minutes of the onset, but tied in nicely as part of the whole dream state, so dreamy. I sat there really spacing out on the dreamy spacial distortion. Walking was equally fascinating. Again, this is really a tranquil, peaceful, dreamy high. I've had happy weed very similar to this, but usually if there is this much potency, some jitters usually come with it and this one doesn't. Happy weed!
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Very nice report! Im excited to try mine! :)

Mine is one of the most beautiful ladies I ever grew! Your descriptions seem spot on so far... They grew without complaining, dark almost black stems, even on the leaves, and crazy pink purple pistil colors! We shall see what color the calyxes will end up! She grew straight up, really, really fast, they were put out to the ground a week or 2 later than my other plants but they caught up like champs... I tried supercropping them to make them branch out wthout much success.. I topped this one and tied to a tree... She still looks super happy and well nourished, no sign of rot, probably needs another 2 or 3 weeks we shall see...

The root info is very interesting, probably a good plant to do lots of plants closed up together main cola type grow... kinda the way they produce industrial hemp...

I'm really excited to see the f2s I got in these along with the Maroc from Female seeds x Purple Satellite... The male I had was beautiful, stretched like crazy with beautiful purple pollen sacks... I harvested a bit late, so some pollen flew out, which is awesome! The Maroc is about as early as the purple satellite, and has great mold and freeze resistance, last year one survived 3 light frosts and finished like a champ... so they should be some very early mold resistant phenos in there, great for northern grows...

I hope the high is as described as well, because that is my favorite type of herb. I have a chocolope cut that is lovely, grease mud and chocolate flavor and smell, ultra terpy that waters my mouth everytime and it makes me feel that way, hopefully next year I'll pick a male and cross it to the mamalope!

Enjoy some pics from a few days ago!

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image
Greetings my friend, thanks for posting her, she is gorgeous! She looks really happy and well pampered, very nice job!
Unfortunately, out of my 4 females, all the pistils on mine where pure white, then orange when they withered. I did have 1 or 2 small flowers get some purple calyxes because of the cold temperatures at night, but all the calyxes on my plants are green. I pollinated each female with each male's pollen, so F2 seeds will be fun, but also looking for some pink pistils, purple calyxes, which I think is the Nepalese influence.
Regarding harvest time. I harvested mine last weekend, starting Friday night. I left about 10 flowers on the plant to see how they would mature. The flowers have lost their compactness and are more airy and loose, however, they are also going into senescence, due to not being fed since the early flush. The interesting thing is, the trichomes don't seem to have changed in color or appearance.

Thanks again for your post BW, keep us updated, she is a nice one. Great job!
Peace, God bless

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Really, so many nice Plants in this Thread. Im happy Vermontman found a great destributor with ACE Seeds. As may some of you know i first started to spread the word over at Instagram about Purple Satellite and sell the first Seedpacks for Vman there, it was pretty hard to get started, and with PayPal as the only payment option with always the risk to get my PP Account banned it was even harder. Just was able to sell a few packs before my Account was shut down (due to my own fault) Im very happy for him after the hard start. :)

Next year i would like to grow some Purple Satellite and Oaxaca79Skull outdoor in Northern Germany, could be a nice grow i guess.

PS: Found some more Pictures of my Oax79Skull grow, makes it easier to spot a Oax pheno for someone who looks for it, but in general should be pretty easy to identify the right pheno.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

In the back some Purple Satellite Plants
picture.php

Peace