What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do I have the rare Thai leaning zamaldelica?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
More frost is on the way. I thought I'd document these small, delicate, but beautiful buds before they get killed:
picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Zembretti

Hi Dubi and all. I started growing Zam reg last year and had great success with it. I crossed it the mother with pollen from a pure Sinai from Real Seed Company, and a Beanhoarder cross of Durban Poison x Blue Berry. Here's my story:

I live at 52 degrees north so not really recommended for growing tropical sativa but, I was up to the challenge. I germinated some Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica, Sinai, and The DP x BB. All grew really well outdoors in 20 litre pots, but the Sinai and the Durban Bluebery turned out to be males, so they were crossed with the GT and Zamaldelica.

The Zamaldelica started flowering July 24, three weeks after the Sinal. the other two a month later. We had an unusually long frost free September, quite an anomaly for our town here in Canada (I live at 2000 feet or about 600 m elevation) so that meant they were in intense sun until October 1 when I brought them in and put both in a sunny south -facing window with lots of light to finish them off. the Zamaldelica was harvested Dec 3, the GT about 3 weeks later.

Zamaldelica smoke Report:
This weed was unlike anything I've ever experienced (I grew up in the 70s with mostly sativas) The high was so clear, clean and intellectual, not paranoid at all, but cool, and not cold. It was like listening to jazz. My friends said similar things. It's true I didn't get a huge euphoric rush, but I liked the clarity and preferred it to the indica weed which is cognitively numbing imo that is typical of the legal weed you buy in Canada.

The GT was good too, but without the same degree of clarity, although a bit stronger.
Two days ago I harvested my Zamaldelica Sinai cross and tried one bong hit. Wow different from Zamaldelica without the focus but more euphoric. I picked up my guitar and wrote the first song I had done in ages. Very creative weed, warmer yet not too distracting when you need to get things done. So I don't know what pheno type I grew last year; all I know is I will continue with Zamaldelica and all the crosses I made with it this year. My new crop of Zamaldelica are not ready to harvest yet, one smells like yummy bubblegum and the other is intense citrus fruit. Can't t wait to try each.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Zembretti :)

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Zamaldelica and Golden Tiger regular. :yes: Amazing you managed to finish them properly at your latitude and climate.

Happy to hear that Zamaldelica's effect impressed you with its very clean and cerebral effects, and that you produced some interesting hybrids with her. Golden Tiger's effect is more profound and dense, it can be very trippy, and creative if you flow with its overwhelming potency.

Hope you have had also a successful harvest this latest season and that you have found interesting the new females. It will be a pleasure to know your insights about them. :tiphat:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Zamaldelica smoke Report:
This weed was unlike anything I've ever experienced (I grew up in the 70s with mostly sativas) The high was so clear, clean and intellectual, not paranoid at all, but cool, and not cold. It was like listening to jazz. My friends said similar things. It's true I didn't get a huge euphoric rush, but I liked the clarity and preferred it to the indica weed which is cognitively numbing imo that is typical of the legal weed you buy in Canada.
What a great smoke report! Congratulations. :dance013:

Zembretti

Thank you Dubi for your comments, I appreciate your interest in other people and how you reach out, that says a lot about your character. Yes, It was fun growing your seeds, I really like the tropical sativa effects , but living in Canada and finding pure sativa seeds is rare. In the future I want to try your Honduras Panama cross to see if it will work finishing it off indoors in a sunny window. Even if the potency is not as high, (I would say my THC level in the Zamaldelica was at least 12% to 15%, and the Golden Tiger somewhere around 17%) I would not trade my outdoor organically grown Zamaldelica and GT for the Hydro grown hybrid weed that has a higher THC Content. When I turn other people on to it their eyes light up and typically they say how clean and intellectual it is, the Zamaldelica in particular. To me that is the mark of quality and success. Thanks again, Dubi.