What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do I have the rare Thai leaning zamaldelica?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Koondense - These seeds are probably 5 years old, give or take a year, and were from regular packs. After culling all the more wide leaf phenos, I have 2 growing. The one pictured is in the garden, and the other is more Thai looking, but didn't show early pistils like the one in the garden. I'm not positive the one that will go in my greenhouse is female, even now.

As a seedling, the one in the garden smelled like sweet pineapple with a spicy/bitter/fuel background. I smelled the one in the garden more recently, and it is stunningly tart. It's background aroma is like a spicy bitter medicine.

ThaiBliss

J

jaded1

My favourite GT's both had that pineapple smell to them,1st plant was 1 of the best plants I've had the pleasure of smoking.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Then it's the original outcross and the very first Zamaldelica release, it's a really wild one, very tropical.

These seeds are probably 5 years old, give or take a year, and were from regular packs.
ThaiBliss

J

jaded1

You'd of probably found the 2nd girl more to your liking Thai Bliss,def had more of a terrorific high to her than the girl I loved.The girl I loved had a very blissful,slightly trippy high that just put a big grin on my face.Other girl was colder with an intense racy start and an overall more trippy effect but much less of the euphoria her sis had.
The 1 that keeps the pineapple smell and taste once harvested was my fave,other girl still had a slight smell of pineapple but taste was very spicy with an oily,bitterness to it

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Jaded1 - Thanks for the info. I'll get to try both, but I'll have a lot more of the big one in the ground. Don't know if you read my post, I think it is on one of the other threads. The aroma of the big one in the garden has recently gotten extremely citric/tart. I can still detect that more sweet pineapple smell, but the extremely sour aroma really surprised me. Still enough of the spicy, bitter, medicinal aroma to make me feel like puking if I ponder on it.

Just got done watering the garden. If I don't look too close, it appears the Zamaldelica is gathering up at the meristems. Probably wishful thinking. I can't wait!!!

ThaiBliss

baduy

From my limited experience with Zd (8 females till now 2 more for this outdoor season) more than the narrow leaves the citric, lemon cleaner smell is a sign for trippy Thai effects, if you also get red stems in flowering you got the one you're after. This year along with a very zamalish pheno I selected a wide leaves Malawi looking plant because of the lemon smell I caught from a stem rub. Now she looks like a Thai with wider leaves and extra-branching and still reeks of lemon dishsoap. Not as elegant as her delicate sisters but she looks like she inherited the best of all her parental lines so far, now I'm waiting for purplish of the stems, fingers crossed
Hoping for the fast trippy pheno with this one.

baduy

picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining. I'm enthralled with my selections this second attempt at Zamaldelica. I just have a sick sense of humor. My other Zamaldelica being kept small in a pot for ripening in a greenhouse with other exotics has lost it's pineapple aroma the last time I checked. It has taken on a peppery pine / menthol aroma that I'm really attracted to. It smells somewhat like my favorite pure Laos plant. That Laos plant has aromas that remind me of Thai Stick and Hawaiian.

Has anyone else found a Zamaldelica with menthol aroma? If so, how did it turn out?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

SolarLogos

Zamaldelica Seeds

Zamaldelica Seeds

I planted 5 Zamaldelica, 4 wild Thai, and 5 Seedsman's Mama Thai. I've not seen a pure Zamal seed, but my Malawi and Malawi crosses had small rounded seeds, not often very mottled. Of these 5 Zamaldelica, the last seed on the right looks like a Thai, size, shape and appearance. It's hard to tell from the pic but it also has that fat, flat football, edgy shape like the Thai seeds.

Here is the same seed with some wild Thai. The 4 seeds on top are wild Thai and the Zamaldelica seed is on the bottom.

So, the question is, is the seed any indication of a specific pheno? In other words, could this seed be a Thai leaner or is this too easy a way to find the Thai leaning pheno?
Peace, God bless

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi ThaiBliss,

Your Zamaldelica looks structually very similar to Anjey's Golden Tiger in this post:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8561603&postcount=30

It has a good balance of traits from mainly Malawi and Thai, not so much Zamal evident influence so far in the growth, but we will need to wait for the flowering stage to evaluate more traits.

Good luck with her :) Hope you find what you are looking for!
Hi Dubi,

My earlier skinnier leaf plant has some buds forming and I'd like to get your take. I know it's still early, but do you see any of the Zamal or Thai traits from the early budding? Very little resin so far, but I do see a bit on the very first calyxes:
picture.php

It's been a really poor, cold and rainy, fall so far. I really hope we get some more 80 degree days to help finish her off.

I have been thinking this plant has not been getting enough nitrogen. I do generally like to reduce it quite a bit as flowering is about to start, but this plant looks a little yellow. I've been upping the dose, but this plant may be naturally a more yellow/gold color because I'm not seeing a response. My other plant, SAGE-Ified Bangi Wicked did respond and I'm cutting nitrogen off completely on that plant. I think that one is on the home stretch. It might be done in 2 weeks.

Lot's of people express a preference against a "cold" high. I like the starkly clean, pure, sensory overwhelming, all in the head trip feeling. What I don't like is strong introspection. I like it when I'm marveling at the sensory input coming in, bright, shiny, colorful, and beautiful sounds. Is this the "cold" high that people are expressing?

ThaiBliss

dillycid

Exactly Thaibliss! Two hits off the mid 70's Sticks. It's just astounding how in tune, how much more there is available to our sensory input when the filter's are lifted. Everything is truly alive, glowing, vibrating, breathing. Yes, that is what I covet. Hopefully this Zam pheno might provide a little. Is this Thai leaning?

Attachments

• Zam 64 days in flower.jpg
    Zam 64 days in flower.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Zam 64 days in flower (2).jpg
    Zam 64 days in flower (2).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 23

ThaiBliss

Veteran
...Everything is truly alive, glowing, vibrating, breathing...
Oh that's a good description!
Not sure about how much of the Thai is in there. Looks a bit fat and dense in the bud for Thai. You never know until you smoke it. Take some early samples. Sounds like you will know it when you smoke it.

SolarLogos

Exactly Thaibliss! Two hits off the mid 70's Sticks. It's just astounding how in tune, how much more there is available to our sensory input when the filter's are lifted. Everything is truly alive, glowing, vibrating, breathing. Yes, that is what I covet. Hopefully this Zam pheno might provide a little. Is this Thai leaning?
Looking amazing at 64 days! Some fine work there my friend. I can't wait to see them when they finish!

Peace, God bless

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Zamaldelica is a hard to grow plant. I crossed one with a gorgeous Jack Herrer from Seedsman. The resultant progeny are 6 weeks old now and very vigorous. I dropped 6 Zamaldelica seeds a couple of weeks ago, 2 survivors. Expensive. The high is well worth all the time and expense. Closest to the old Colombian, psychedelic high of the early 70's. NOT FOR BEGINNERS!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ThaiBliss,

I think it's quite subjective and difficult to put in words and make comparison with others. In my opinion, a cold effect means psychological inward isolation and analysis, which leads to psychological duality, therefore separation, conflict and suffering.

I think you like more (me too) the effects that produce psychological and sensory expansiveness, making you feel more connected with the outward world, eliminating the frontier between the self and the rest, everything becomes brigther and happier in a natural way (not an invention of the thought) when there's that lack of separation and there's no sense of effort.

Thai Chi and Bangi Haze x Ethiopian are some our latest sativa hybrids that (at least to me) best produce that blessed connected states in a natural way, and they are much faster flowering and more suitable for colder climates than the very tropical first Zamaldelica regular release you are growing.

I've been following the progresses of your thin leaved Zamaldelica regular female and she doesn't look to me like a Malawi dominant hybrid, at least based on her growing traits. Being that old Zamaldelica regular release a non inbred polyhybrid, there's lots of recombination, and when effects are the priority i always prefer to judge plants phenotypes based on flowering traits and obviously on the smoke.

Hopefuly the weather in your location allows her to advance enough more into flowering to judge her flowering traits better.

Hi Dubi,

My earlier skinnier leaf plant has some buds forming and I'd like to get your take. I know it's still early, but do you see any of the Zamal or Thai traits from the early budding? Very little resin so far, but I do see a bit on the very first calyxes:
View Image

Lot's of people express a preference against a "cold" high. I like the starkly clean, pure, sensory overwhelming, all in the head trip feeling. What I don't like is strong introspection. I like it when I'm marveling at the sensory input coming in, bright, shiny, colorful, and beautiful sounds. Is this the "cold" high that people are expressing?

ThaiBliss

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi gladysvjubb,

We have distributed plenty of Zamaldelica seeds (both regular and feminized) during all these years since first Zamaldelica releases and we have had almost null complaints about Zamaldelica's germination rates. Please, feel free to send us an email with the details of your germination process and invoice of your purchase and we will evaluate your case.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed Zamaldelica''s effect so much and that she brings you fond memories from the best tropical sativa effects you experienced in the 70s. The cross with Jack Herer should be dangerous! ;)

Zamaldelica is a hard to grow plant. I crossed one with a gorgeous Jack Herrer from Seedsman. The resultant progeny are 6 weeks old now and very vigorous. I dropped 6 Zamaldelica seeds a couple of weeks ago, 2 survivors. Expensive. The high is well worth all the time and expense. Closest to the old Colombian, psychedelic high of the early 70's. NOT FOR BEGINNERS!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I think you like more (me too) the effects that produce psychological and sensory expansiveness, making you feel more connected with the outward world, eliminating the frontier between the self and the rest, everything becomes brigther and happier in a natural way (not an invention of the thought) when there's that lack of separation and there's no sense of effort.
I do love that expansiveness. I don't like that introspection. I do that too much when I'm not high. Sad, but funny. LOL

I like your explanation of "expansive". Good job. Sounds like you genuinely take an interest in the spiritual. It's probably why I like some of your strain choices. I believe I have one of your Ethiopian crosses. I'll have to elevate the priority to test that one.
:biggrin:
I've been following the progresses of your thin leaved Zamaldelica regular female and she doesn't look to me like a Malawi dominant hybrid, at least based on her growing traits. Being that old Zamaldelica regular release a non inbred polyhybrid, there's lots of recombination, and when effects are the priority i always prefer to judge plants phenotypes based on flowering traits and obviously on the smoke.
Good news about the minimum of Malawi phenotype expressions in my Zamaldelica selection. Chemotype judgments will come later. I took a cutting and it is in the greenhouse to make seeds that are earlier ripening with a male that has Bangi Haze in it.

Latest posts

Latest posts